Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Hello All,

I've been vaping away happily since August 2011, and I recently found myself in need of ordering some e-liquids. I am placing an order with the supplier that I got my Joye eGo-T (good liquids there), but I kind of got that "kid in the candy store" mentality, and I wanted to try other suppliers (can you blame me, when you see such liquids as, "French Toast", or "Vanilla Custard"?..lol) I ordered some from another vendor (question: do the mods want us to "name" names?) My first taste of e-liquid from this other vendor was, initially, "yuck". BUT, I tried this particular e-liquid about 2 weeks later, and my reaction was, "WoW!"

I'm wondering--as a rule, should e-liquids "sit" for a while before use? Do certain suppliers e-liquids get better after sitting? Or should they be good-to-go as soon as you receive them?

JohnWillyson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
From what I am reading, if they dont taste good right away, let them sit for a week and try again. Repeat until its good, or after a month it means either you dont like it or its a bad batch / bad juice in general.

Some call it "steeping" but it sounds more to me like how good whiskey has to age, or mellow.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I love the video reviews! It's a good idea also to guage what types of juices the reviewers like ~ for instance, if you know that you tend to enjoy rich tobacco flavours (or strong throat hit, or lots of vapor, etc.) and you find a reviewer that seems to look for the same characteristics in eliquid, chances are, you're going to enjoy a lot of the same types of juices.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Welcome to ECF.

Sometimes yes. Many new vapers make the mistake of ordering juice based on others recommendation. Better to order samples and then decide what you really like. Some vapers have also enjoyed certain flavors at first and then ended up a few weeks/ months later not liking them so much.

And the steeping makes THAT big a difference in taste?

trailwalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Little Rock AR
And the steeping makes THAT big a difference in taste?
yes it does i bought from 4 driffent places and at least 1 flavor at each place i hated when it first got here . but after it steeped for a week or 2, i found the (old lade perfume smell was got ) & the flavor mellowed out. 1 i almote tossed was honeysuckle but now for a late night sweet vape it is good . started out with no flavor and a smell the my wife could smell in the other room LOL
TW

Alxx Nova

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
North Carolina
I have started letting mine sit for 5 to 7 days now and I find they do taste better then the first day I get them. Though I have noticed that some that I didn't like through my thin battery's and cartomizers I now like after switching to tanks. Some people say tanks diminish flavor some say it's the same so I guess it's a personal taste thing. But I never get rid of any, unless I'm trading with the guys at work, since what I don't like today I might like tomorrow.

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess a good example to use is Ms Ts. When her juice gets to your mailbox in most cases it was probably mixed a few days before that. Some other sites have a lot of stock that's been sitting around steeping before you even order. I've seen some complain that they shouldn't have to let juice steep. They say that as if they are getting an unfinished product. I don't see it that way at all. The fresher the better as far as I'm concerned. I'll take a green banana over a brown one any day of the week.

Mena

Dec 17, 2011
Miami
I guess a good example to use is Ms Ts. When her juice gets to your mailbox in most cases it was probably mixed a few days before that. Some other sites have a lot of stock that's been sitting around steeping before you even order. I've seen some complain that they shouldn't have to let juice steep. They say that as if they are getting an unfinished product. I don't see it that way at all. The fresher the better as far as I'm concerned. I'll take a green banana over a brown one any day of the week.
I think it really depends on the juice. I'll take a yellow banana over a green one any day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread