Question about eGo One Battery and Protank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichiban876

Apr 5, 2015
New Jersey
The more I read, the more questions I have...

I bought the eGo one battery to use with my kangertech subtank nano. It turns out though that I may not be a fan of sub-ohm vaping. I guess the vape is just too hot.

Even with my 1.2 ohm coil, I think it's too hot.

So I figured I'd just use my kangertech Protank 2 with my eGo one battery...

They work together, but the hits are kinda light-weight. I get a much better hit out of my halo triton with a 400 mah battery.

So I'm wondering if there's some kind of mismatch with the eGo one battery and the protank 2? Maybe the eGo one battery is specifically for lower ohm vaping?

When I fire it up with the subtank nano, I can hear it firing up, popping and bubbling. But with the protank 2, I hear nothing and I have to puff it a few times to get half decent vapor.

So I basically want to know if my assumption is right about the mismatch between the protank 2 and eGo one battery. And if it is, what kind of battery should I buy for the protank 2?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The "mismatch" idea is possibly making some sense, yes.

What is the resistance of the atomizer on your Protank 2?

There is nothing wrong with using the EGO ONE with any kind of atomizer, from 0.5ohms through to even 2.5ohms, but the vapor might well be weak with too high resistance..

Look at this useful calculator

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

If you input the voltage of the EGO ONE (4.2v?) and the resistance of your atomizer then click 'calculate' it will tell you the power you are vaping at.

An ego one (fully charged) with a 2.5ohm atomizer is a 7 watts vape. That's going to seem very weak indeed coming from a 1.2ohm coil.

There is almost no point in buying a new battery for the Protank i.m.o. Now you have the ego one, better to buy the appropriate resistance coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread