Question about the doublers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
My first try with the double thing was with pina colado. I usually vape at 24, so I ordered a 48mg and a doubler. Mixed it half and half. Didn't like it at all.

Figured I just disliked pina colada. Okay, that's fine, there are a few flavors I don't care for.

Recently I did the same with BNB. I had ordered a bottle a while back made to my regular like. Loved it, from the minute it came it, killed the whole bottle. Last week I ordered a 48mg and a doubler. Mixed it up. It isn't the same. I can't explain it, it is a strong overly sweet taste, same as pina colada that isn't setting well with me. It isn't bad but not near as good.

I did order some other doublers, figured they'd be good for night time vaping (I gotta learn to kick the nic in the late evening) Again, super sweet, hurt my lung sweet.

Maybe they all need to sit for a spell? Or is the doubler thing slightly different? If so, I'll just stick to my one ouncers all customer made for me to my liking. As a FOTW, I already think the price for a one ounce bottle is more than fair so I am good with that if mixing doublers really does give a different taste.

Wanted to get some feedback, maybe I am just not doing something right. Or maybe my tastes for stuff is so weird that the mixing deal just isn't going to work for me.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
#1. You'll sometimes see some minor taste differences in any custom-made juice from one order to the next.

#2. Your taste buds can change on you a little after vaping the same flavor for awhile. Switching to another flavor for a bit usually fixes that.

#3. Letting the liquid sit for a day or two is a good idea. Geoff's stuff is fresh-made and letting them age a little helps the flavor "mature". Try it again after a few days.

Hope that helps. :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
You got your ratios right -- 1/2 ounce of each.

I haven't found the doublers much sweeter. The nicotine added to the e-liquid is, undoubtedly, not sweet at all so that might change the sweetness ratio a bit.

I know Geoff said that some liquids do have sweetener in them because those flavors really need them (and the sweetener option is for if you want them to add more than the standard.) Maybe they can add negative sweetener on the doublers of those flavors for you.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
OK AmyB66 yup that's the same one part of each 6-12 half a dozen the same, however I agree what Geoff says about the flavors having to "Steep" together, once he mixes your juice and sends it sometimes it has to sit as well, so I'm thinking the same goes for what your doing since your actually mixing something it should have some time to Steep as Geoff says, so let your mix sit a while and come back to it, I mix a lot of juices myself and DIY, I find many things need to Steep as well and it gets better with time, I also like to add a squirt of the sweetener when I first make some of my mixes that I think need to be sweetened then let them sit too. It's pretty amazing how that sitting process actually brings the flavors together, It's like making fine wine sometimes

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
You got your ratios right -- 1/2 ounce of each.

I haven't found the doublers much sweeter. The nicotine added to the e-liquid is, undoubtedly, not sweet at all so that might change the sweetness ratio a bit.

I know Geoff said that some liquids do have sweetener in them because those flavors really need them (and the sweetener option is for if you want them to add more than the standard.) Maybe they can add negative sweetener on the doublers of those flavors for you.

Hey There Poeia. I could be mistaken, but I do not think Geoff adds sweetener (sucralose) to ANY of his liquids unless it is asked for! He only uses Ethyl Maltol to sweeten them a bit. That is why some ask for extra sweetener (sucralose). Some do not believe it is a good idea to vape the sucralose (I for one do not worry about it) so Geoff does NOT add it unless asked for. So "The Standard" is only Ethyl Maltol, not Sucralose. Just letting you know.

CV :vapor:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Hey There Poeia. I could be mistaken, but I do not think Geoff adds sweetener (sucralose) to ANY of his liquids unless it is asked for! He only uses Ethyl Maltol to sweeten them a bit. That is why some ask for extra sweetener (sucralose). Some do not believe it is a good idea to vape the sucralose (I for one do not worry about it) so Geoff does NOT add it unless asked for. So "The Standard" is only Ethyl Maltol, not Sucralose. Just letting you know.

CV :vapor:
To date, the "sweetness" is attributed to a food additive, ethyl maltol. But this only carries so much sweetness and not a REALLY sweet flavor. This is where the sucralose BLEND comes in. If you want it, you can select it in the liquid selection now.
No, I got it. But, before they changed the sweetener announcement on the front page of the website, it said that they feel strongly that some flavors do need sweetener -- that would be the ethol maltol. For those the question is whether you want more sweetener than that.

For me, as long as it's not atomizer-clogging, blood-glucose-spiking sugar or nasty, bitter, doesn't-actually-sweeten-anything-at-all Stevia, the folk at TV can include anything they think will make me like my liquid more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread