Nic in a doubler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kricket_4

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Is it possible? I ordered a 36mg Geoff's Blend and a doubler a couple of weeks ago, when I went to mix a batch of 12mg, the doubler seems really dark - and usually the doublers are much lighter than the liquid with nic in it. Is it possible that there is nic in my doubler by mistake? It's the same color as the 36mg I ordered, so I'm assuming it does.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, the Doublers are flavored to the same degree that our nicotine liquids are, so that when you mix them together, you're only affecting the nicotine levels, and not the flavor. Adding unflavored nicotine solution will only seriously affect the flavor if you're using a lower milligram level, i.e. if you prefer your nicotine levels around 24mg/ml and you're using a 48mg liquid, half your target bottle would need to be filled with the nicotine solution and the rest with Doubler. The flavor would be VERY weak.

If you're one of those people who've scored a bottle of 100mg/ml from somewhere, then only around 1/4 of your target bottle would need be filled with the solution and the rest with Doubler, the end flavor isn't going to be affected that greatly, if at all.

So really, it depends on the strength of the nicotine base you're adding.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Being okay really depends on your target nicotine level.

Yeah Markimar, I speak to people who like to mix our Doublers with their All VG 100mg liquid. Early on, we really had to adopt a certain level of responsibility over the level of nicotine we were willing to sell. In the beginning 36mg was the max we were going to sell because we KNEW that 48mg is an excessive amount (I'm not hinting at anything, seriously).

While there are people responsible enough to handle the higher levels for mixing down, etc., there are those who think that the more nicotine you vape, will induce some sort of "high". Sadly, you won't find this with nicotine. It's a stimulant, not a narcotic.

We knew that selling the higher levels of nicotine, like 48mg, would be the same as facilitating the stupidity of some people. But, we took the risk anyway.

We already have a few people who have called us claiming that our liquids were making them sick. But after examining their orders in the system, seeing that they had ordered 48mg liquid, asking them if they were using that product straight, despite our warnings, they've all replied "yes".

Even YOU Markimar....would really be nice to see you drop down a level. We care about ya, you know.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
If your mixture is one-quarter 60mg flavorless and three-quarters doubler, you'd end up with 15mg liquid. In Geoff's second example above he said adding 1/4 flavorless won't hurt the flavor.

only around 1/4 of your target bottle would need be filled with the solution and the rest with Doubler, the end flavor isn't going to be affected that greatly, if at all.

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Being okay really depends on your target nicotine level.

Yeah Markimar, I speak to people who like to mix our Doublers with their All VG 100mg liquid. Early on, we really had to adopt a certain level of responsibility over the level of nicotine we were willing to sell. In the beginning 36mg was the max we were going to sell because we KNEW that 48mg is an excessive amount (I'm not hinting at anything, seriously).

While there are people responsible enough to handle the higher levels for mixing down, etc., there are those who think that the more nicotine you vape, will induce some sort of "high". Sadly, you won't find this with nicotine. It's a stimulant, not a narcotic.

We knew that selling the higher levels of nicotine, like 48mg, would be the same as facilitating the stupidity of some people. But, we took the risk anyway.

We already have a few people who have called us claiming that our liquids were making them sick. But after examining their orders in the system, seeing that they had ordered 48mg liquid, asking them if they were using that product straight, despite our warnings, they've all replied "yes".

Even YOU Markimar....would really be nice to see you drop down a level. We care about ya, you know.

Blush I know you guys care. I really do need to knock it down. I've noticed that now that they stopped my internal bleeding and I'm slowly getting my energy back. That the 48 feels like 48! I think what happened was my energy was so low because my blood count was so far down, that the 48 was the only thing giving ne enough energy to make it through the day! Not to say that vaping 48 is good I think it became my crutch.:blush:

I'm going to try my hardest to get the level down!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'm vaping at 6mg...........

So, If I make a 30ml bottle from a doubler, I add 1.8ml of 100mg/ml nic & the rest from the doubler. I'm thinking that 1.8ml doesn't change the flavor that incredibly much.

Now, if I choose to vape at 12mg, then I would need to add 3.6ml of the 100mg nic to my 30ml bottle, then the rest would be the flavor from the doubler.

Now, if I was using 48mg, or even 60mg nic..............I would need to add many more ml of it to the mixture, which would then kill the flavor too much.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
With Doubler, it's flavored to the same degree as a nicotine liquid would be, just four times the amount. Pretty much ANY amount of foreign juice you add to a Doubler is going to diminish the flavor, it's just a matter of what degree you consider an acceptable amount of flavor loss.

If I were to answer the question personally, I like my flavors full, so I wouldn't add any more than 1/4 of nic juice to 3/4 of Doubler. So, if you're using a 60mg liquid to add to your Doubler, at 1/4 ratio of 60mg liquid to 3/4 Doubler, your end milligram level would be 15mg.

So, if you would prefer a higher nicotine level and not experience any more flavor loss than you have already with that ratio, you'll have to find a higher milligram level of nicotine liquid to start with.

We don't offer this (super high nicotine level liquids) as we have to be morally responsible for the nicotine levels that we allow to be sold from our site. We don't want to be the ones that get pinned for the possible poisoning of a customer because we were selling nicotine solutions in highly toxic levels. And we don't condone other vendors selling those super high levels of nic liquid either, but that's not within our control.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Chart Time!

As Geoff says a mixture that is more than 25% unflavored nicotine juice would dilute the flavors more than he’d find palatable, that’s the most dilute I calculated. That means the first formula in each section is the strongest you can make with that level of nicotine without losing a noticeable amount of flavor.

Start with 36 MG nicotine:
9.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 3 doubler
6.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 5 doubler
3.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 11 doubler

Start with 48 MG nicotine:
12.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 3 doubler
9.0 MG = 3 nicotine + 13 doubler
6.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 7 doubler
3.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 15 doubler

Start with 50* MG nicotine:
12.5 MG = 1 nicotine + 3 doubler
11.8 MG = 4 nicotine + 13 doubler
9.1 MG = 2 nicotine + 9 doubler
6.3 MG = 1 nicotine + 7 doubler
3.1 MG = 1 nicotine + 15 doubler

Start with 60* MG nicotine:
15.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 3 doubler
12.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 4 doubler
9.2 MG = 2 nicotine + 11 doubler
6.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 9 doubler
3.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 19 doubler

Start with 100* MG nicotine:
25.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 3 doubler
24.0 MG = 6 nicotine + 19 doubler
21.4 MG = 3 nicotine + 11 doubler
18.2 MG = 2 nicotine + 9 doubler
15.4 MG = 2 nicotine + 11 doubler
11.8 MG = 2 nicotine + 15 doubler
9.1 MG = 1 nicotine + 10 doubler
6.3 MG = 1 nicotine + 15 doubler
3.0 MG = 1 nicotine + 32 doubler

*Nicotine this strength is neither recommended nor sold by Tasty Vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread