Question about Vivi Nova v2.5 tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Vivi Nova v2.5 is advertised as having a "leech-proof" tubes. What does this mean? Does anybody know what material they are exactly made of? The reason I am asking is because I would like to put a citrus flavor in one of mine. I know there are metal tubes for the novas (which I will be picking up real soon), but I really like the aesthetics of having a clear tube. I can not justify purchasing pyrex tanks just yet (believe me, the time will come). If it is going to be an issue, I have plenty of cartos for my citrus juices. Just wondering if anybody here has had any experience with the more "volatile" juices in the Vivi Nova v2.5. Thanks in advance.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Vivi Nova clone by Smoktek, known as the Titan clearo or Screwtank uses a juice friendly polypropylene clear frosted tube, the same as medical syringes. I've been perfectly happy with the two I have, and just ordered a couple more over the weekend.

View attachment 132366 View attachment 132367

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just got the smoketech screw one and it leaked 6ml of juice overnight, sent it back, hope it was just a dud and not the norm.

You likely overfilled it. The vendor at Got Vapes said in the demo video on You Tube it only holds 5 ml. Like any clearo type tank, you shouldn't fill over the top of the wicks.

None of the two I've had have leaked at all. I just filled two more that arrived in the mail earlier, and they are vaping great, too.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
how do you think citrus juice would fare in those tanks?

The Vivi Nova clone by Smoktek, known as the Titan clearo or Screwtank uses a juice friendly polypropylene clear frosted tube, the same as medical syringes. I've been perfectly happy with the two I have, and just ordered a couple more over the weekend.

View attachment 132366 View attachment 132367

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
how do you think citrus juice would fare in those tanks?
They have a polypropylene tube, so cinnamon, citrus flavors, and all the other juices known to leach chemicals, or crack, or melt polycarbonate will be safe to use. I've got Fuzzy Peach and Strawberry Freeze, both from Dark City Vapor in two of my Titans right now, no problems, tho I never expected any considering the tube material is polypro.

I highly recommend these tanks. Easy to afford for $13 each, with two extra heads included. Like I've said, I wish they were a little prettier, maybe with a more polished metal instead of the dull metal, to look nicer on my Provari.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
nice. thanks for the insight. sounds like the tank itself would be fine, but how about the o-rings or whatever the things are called that seal the screw caps? would those get eaten by cinnamon or citrus juice?

They have a polypropylene tube, so cinnamon, citrus flavors, and all the other juices known to leach chemicals, or crack, or melt polycarbonate will be safe to use. I've got Fuzzy Peach and Strawberry Freeze, both from Dark City Vapor in two of my Titans right now, no problems, tho I never expected any considering the tube material is polypro.

I highly recommend these tanks. Easy to afford for $13 each, with two extra heads included. Like I've said, I wish they were a little prettier, maybe with a more polished metal instead of the dull metal, to look nicer on my Provari.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
nice. thanks for the insight. sounds like the tank itself would be fine, but how about the o-rings or whatever the things are called that seal the screw caps? would those get eaten by cinnamon or citrus juice?
No 0-rings in this thing. It's metal on metal threads. Very nicely machined, actually, I was rather impressed seeing these the first time.

What's also different with this tank, compared to the Vivi Nova, are the threaded metal rings on either end within the tube that connect to the endcaps. The Nova does not have the metal rings, but the threads are milled (?) into the inner surface of the plastic tube itself. I consider this to be a design improvement by Smoktek; I'd think the metal on metal threads would be much more durable than metal on plastic. Just might be a factor against eventual juice leakage from long term wear & tear on the threads.

Because of the potential of better durability of the metal on metal threading and the stronger polypropylene tubing material, I'm betting these tanks should last and function longer than the Vivi Nova's.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
again, thank you. i do notice a small bit of rubber/silicone type material on the screw caps of the screw tank. perhaps this isnt what comprises the seal. it seems that youre saying that the metal itself is creating the seal. i was unaware that pure metal could create the seal we need. this is great news but im still wondering as to why there is even any silicone/rubber at all on the caps. if the metal is indeed all thats needed for the seal, then im going to be a very happy camper with one (or more!) of these tanks.

No 0-rings in this thing. It's metal on metal threads. Very nicely machined, actually, I was rather impressed seeing these the first time.

What's also different with this tank, compared to the Vivi Nova, are the threaded metal rings on either end within the tube that connect to the endcaps. The Nova does not have the metal rings, but the threads are milled (?) into the inner surface of the plastic tube itself. I consider this to be a design improvement by Smoktek; I'd think the metal on metal threads would be much more durable than metal on plastic. Just might be a factor against eventual juice leakage from long term wear & tear on the threads.

Because of the potential of better durability of the metal on metal threading and the stronger polypropylene tubing material, I'm betting these tanks should last and function longer than the Vivi Nova's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread