Questions before making my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Ok well I've received everything in the mail, and have the batteries sitting on the charger right now. Is it a bad idea to be charging both simultaneously? And there is a switch on the side of the charger that lets you toggle between 3.6V and 3.0V, is the difference in charge time?

Looking to upgrade already lol, after being fear mongered by you guys. Can you link me to some higher quality chargers (that you yourself have been using)? Intellicharge i4 Charger Decent buy?

That's an ok deal on the charger depending on ship cost. It's fine to charge both batteries at once. If you are charging 18650's I believe you should use the 3.6 setting, or follow the directions if there are any. When fully charged they should be 4.2 V if you have a multimeter to check.

http://www.amazon.com/JETBeam-IntelliCharger-i4-Charger-Generation/dp/B007OKCYSU/ref=pd_sim_misc_3

Last edited:

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Ok wow. Charged the batteries for a few hours, decided to throw one in the Vamo and see how charged they were. It read 3.9, and since 4.2 is a full charge, I figured it was good to vape. One battery in the device, one battery in bubble wrap on my drawer, charger unplugged.

The Vamo hits like a champ. A great deep hit and tons of vapor. The sizzle is louder, the flavor is more pronounced, and I'm fully pleased with the purchase. Set in RMS, wattage at 8.5 on a 2.4ohm head (even though they were advertised at 1.8 lol now I can see for myself :D), and its very pleasing. Thank you all for the advice, seriously. Good stuff. Will be making a 2nd thread regarding chargers if research alone doesn't do me justice.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Ok well I've received everything in the mail, and have the batteries sitting on the charger right now. Is it a bad idea to be charging both simultaneously? And there is a switch on the side of the charger that lets you toggle between 3.6V and 3.0V, is the difference in charge time?

Looking to upgrade already lol, after being fear mongered by you guys. Can you link me to some higher quality chargers (that you yourself have been using)? Intellicharge i4 Charger Decent buy?

The 3V setting is for charging LiPO4 batteries. Definitely use the 3.6 setting.

Cheapest price I have seen on the Nitecore charger is $20 (free shipping). Ships out of Hong Kong.
I ordered a couple of Panasonic batteries from them ($9.53 for 2) that are either still in Hong Kong or in customs in San Francisco. USPS tracking is a little confusing. Other than that, Amazon has more than one vendor selling them around $25 shipped.

If you want to see some scientific testing on the chargers you need to go to the flashlight forums.
The chargers I linked earlier are the best of the $20ish price range. Some other nice Xtar and Pila chargers can be had in the $35-$50 price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
This may seem like a dumb question but when will I know my battery is running out? If max is 4.2 volts, is 0 volts the bottom? Should I take my battery out at 1.0 volts instead of waiting until it gets lower than that? It's currently at 3.6 so no worries, just wanted to know ahead of time when I should be switching the batts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread