quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

arilen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bryan, Texas
is it bad do have coils touching if you recoil a evod or protank?

I run microcoils in my protank mini II, they are awesome.

30g or 28g kanthal, 8 to 10 wraps depending on what ohm's you are shooting for on a 1/16 drill bit.

after wrapping take off the drill bit and heat the coil red hot with a torch or lighter and lightly squeeze the coils together with tweezers, repeat until all wraps are touching tightly with out over lapping.

then install the coil, then take a small price of cotton and twist one end tight so it will fit through the coil, pull it in so that you are past the twisted end, you want the cotton not to be compressed because it will swell when it is wet. It takes some practice to find out how much cotton to use.

Too much cotton and it wont wick fast enough and you will get dry hits ( and with cotton they really taste bad ), not enough and it wont vape well, but once you get it right it is the best vape you will ever get from a protank or evod.

If after the wick is wet for a while and it has shoulders ( bigger then the coil insides ) you have to much cotton.

And when the flavor starts to fade just pull out the cotton, dry burn a little ( it is very easy to scorch the little rubber insulator so be careful ) and then put a new price of cotton in and wait a few for the cotton to get fully soaked with juice and vape.

I have the same coil in my mini that I wrapped 3 weeks ago and it still works great, I rewick every other day, if I need it or not because I vape a cinnamon juice and it gunks up the coil bad.

Last edited:

arilen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bryan, Texas
Here Is a few pics of my very first micro in a evod, not the best job but it was my first.
4aby2ype.jpg

5y5ese3u.jpg

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
my very first micro in a evod, not the best job but it was my first.

Please don't be anything other than proud about that first micro! That's a great job ESPECIALLY for a first!
It took me darn near 10 tries to get one to look that good when I first started micro coilin'!

arilen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bryan, Texas
Please don't be anything other than proud about that first micro! That's a great job ESPECIALLY for a first!
It took me darn near 10 tries to get one to look that good when I first started micro coilin'!

thanks :toast:, I work in the printing business so I'm very picky ,at work everything MUST be perfect so it kinda rubs off on my coil making, they are getting better every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread