Status
Not open for further replies.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Nah...a master geek wouldn't have made his nephew ask them to create a mame for him...as soon as it came up you'd have offered to do it....even though it wasn't easy...

Even worse....he'd probably have told all his friends and got you some street cred too...

I'm all geek. Master Geek!

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Drugged up drivers should stay off of the roads! My buddy Jimmy and I went to lunch today. Jimmy was driving. We stopped at a pretty big intersection. As soon as the light turned green, we got slammed in the rear-end of the truck by a truck going about 40MPH. 3 cop cars, a firetruck, 1 ambulance and 1 parametric truck ended up there. The driver of the other truck was taken away by ambulance. Jimmy and I were able to drive away. Now that it is 2 hours later, my back is killing me and I am having many other pains.

My random thought of the day: F-U Other Driver!!!

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
So sorry to hear that LD....make sure you go get checked out by a doc...even if just to document that you're having issues just in case.

Drugged up drivers should stay off of the roads! My buddy Jimmy and I went to lunch today. Jimmy was driving. We stopped at a pretty big intersection. As soon as the light turned green, we got slammed in the rear-end of the truck by a truck going about 40MPH. 3 cop cars, a firetruck, 1 ambulance and 1 parametric truck ended up there. The driver of the other truck was taken away by ambulance. Jimmy and I were able to drive away. Now that it is 2 hours later, my back is killing me and I am having many other pains.

Nixsdaddy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Bessemer City, NC
I ported it to the Sharp Zaurus about 5 or 6 years ago. I had a ton of those and gave a couple to my nephew. He still plays with a C3200. He is 14 now and very into emulation, thanks to his uncle. So, he goes looking for MAME for the Zaurus. He finds a link that doesn't work on one of the old software listings. He clicks the email to email the author and it brings up my gmail account. His jaw hits the floor and I get a frantic phone call. It goes something like this:

"Hey, umm, uncle David. Did you write MAME for the Zaurus or something."

"Yes, I did that years ago.", I replied

"Umm... Well I got a Super Nintendo emulator and a Gameboy one but, I can't download the MAME one."

"Yup, I wrote some SNES and Gameboy emulators too."

"Umm... Oh yeah. You did. Ummm... can I have MAME?"

"I don't have any of that stuff anymore Gregg."

"Ummm.. Can you write another one?"

My jaw hits the floor!

LAWL! But ain't it the truth! Once those little buggers find out what you have done, it's on. :)

Nixsdaddy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Bessemer City, NC

Oh damn dude... Can you say Attorney?

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
LAWL! But ain't it the truth! Once those little buggers find out what you have done, it's on. :)

My nephew is following my path of geekness. He is getting prouder to be my nephew every time he gets into something and finds that I have had a hand in it years ago. My oldest nephew tells everyone I'm Leet or Elite or something. Now my younger nephew is understanding why. No wonder why I spoil them so bad!

Nixsdaddy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Bessemer City, NC
My nephew is following my path of geekness. He is getting prouder to be my nephew every time he gets into something and finds that I have had a hand in it years ago. My oldest nephew tells everyone I'm Leet or Elite or something. Now my younger nephew is understanding why. No wonder why I spoil them so bad!

Leet. Or in leetspeak, 1337.... But basically it means "Elite". I am great with pretty much everything, except programming. Which is kinda being taken care of this semester with C++ programming. Thanks to that class I have a nice free copy of Visual Studio 10. :)

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Leet. Or in leetspeak, 1337.... But basically it means "Elite". I am great with pretty much everything, except programming. Which is kinda being taken care of this semester with C++ programming. Thanks to that class I have a nice free copy of Visual Studio 10. :)

I use Visual Studios 2010 also. I mostly do C# with it though. I also have a license for home that work gave me (without their knowledge).

So sorry about your accident today LD - I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted.

Thanks sm. I think I am going to be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread