rba/RDA beginner troubleshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been building coils for a month. I have tried wrapping kanthal wire on silica wicks; micro coils and cotton wick and still I get very little vapor. I don't know what it is I changed batteries still no difference. I'm using a Sony vtc5 battery on a smokteck mech mod magneto and a nimbus clone. Help me please anyone?need answers

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
air flow around the coils is critical to vapor production. make sure your cotton isn't restricting the air to the coil or in front of the hole itself. i run my cotton through the coil and tuck the short end under the coil and push it back so the face and top of the coil are exposed. a pic of your build will bring the most help. lots of more knowledgeable folks than i hanging around.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
Also make sure the air holes are aligned with the coil(s).

This is important. you could wrap the crappiest coil in the world and as long as you have your wick set up not too tight or loose inside the coil and proper air flow you should get great vapor production.

Make sure your coils are up high enough that the airflow holes are even with or below them. you want the air to come in, hit the coil and flow up through the drip tip. If the coil is too low the air will hit the top of it and you won't get much vapor. You should also leave some space for air under the coils, so the air can flow.

If you do that you should get plenty of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread