RDAs coiling Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS
Okay,im kinda of confused with RDAs coiling and stuff. Lets say im pairing with a AW 18350 output at 3.7V, What ohms would i need for micro coiling with Kandal 28 awg wire and 3mm Eckowool? With dual coils? I also came across that the lower the resistance,i would need specific battery to keep up. Can any veteran kindly enlighten me on this? :)

Also how many coils does it takes to determine the resistance?

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Two coils will cut resistance in 1/2... so, two 1.8Ω coils would net .9Ω resistance. Meaning, you can do around 6-10 wraps, depending on diameter, and still have a net resistance under 1.0Ω.

A high drain battery, like the Panasonic or Sony would be advantageous, but not mandatory. Here's an interesting thread on the subject. And... I'm sure Ryedan is poised and waiting for your response. ;-)

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Two coils will cut resistance in 1/2... so, two 1.8Ω coils would net .9Ω resistance. Meaning, you can do around 6-10 wraps, depending on diameter, and still have a net resistance under 1.0Ω.

that's only if the coils are connected in parallel. connected in series, you add the resistances of both coils, to give you total circuit resistance.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There's some important resource information is this blog for a beginner RBA owner: RBA Resource Information

Spend some time in the Rebuildable Atomizer sub-forum here on ECF. There are a few threads specifically for Micro Coils.

I'm assuming you plan on using single batteries and not stacking, correct?

And you have a digital multimeter?

Last edited:

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS

A high drain battery, like the Panasonic or Sony would be advantageous, but not mandatory. Here's an interesting thread on the subject. And... I'm sure Ryedan is poised and waiting for your response. ;-)
o.o, so a lower mah on a same type battery would mean constant supply of power whereby the higher mah it stores, the power will decrease during usage. Am i right?

With *AW IMR 18350 ​(700mah) 6A, I can go as low as 0.7ohms and keeping the current at a safe range?

Single battery no stack,with ohms reader?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread