Reccomend me a new e-cig for flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockingbird

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Hello everyone.

Thanks to this site I got a 510 starter pack with PCC five months and 26 days ago (heck, let's call it 6 months). I've not had a single tobacco cigarette since then (Woo!) and have saved (check phone app... ) about £400! THANKS!

Now my 510 gives nice amounts of vapour, and feels good to smoke/vape, but I always feel that the various (and multiple) flavours I buy are only just tasteable. I know they are getting through (the menthol in mint is very distinctive) but they just aren't strong. I've read a few times that the 510 isn't great for flavour.

Here's my question to you all:

If I'm keeping my 510 for I-need-nic-vaping, what ADDITIONAL PV would you recommend to capitalise on flavours? I'm happy to consider mods (purchased or assembled) as well as retail options.

thanks for your time.

ManicPanic

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Hernando, Florida
For flavor I would go with a prodigy V2 or the xhaler.... I have tried both of them and they are awesome!!! Today I am buying my 1st mod the xhaler! I can't wait for that.... Right know I'm vaping a DSE 901 and 801 the flavor is alright but no throat hit :(
I also get a lot of my liquid from diyflavorshack.com, But the store is closed til the end of the month. When they re- open give them a shot.

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
I'd go with - and in fact *did* go with - a Screwdriver. You can choose your favorite size atomizer to your personal taste and it's got enough power - 3.7 volts - without being overpowered and burning your liquid or melting cart fibers (both nasty taste experiences). It's less expensive than many of the more trendy mods out there (which inevitably turn out to be either cheap Screwdriver knock-offs or overpriced and overpowered "vanity" devices). The handmade Screwdriver is sturdy and reliable and the ergonomics are top notch. You can find it at http://www.ecigscrewdriver.com

I've been on a Screwdriver for going on two years without complaint... and my preferred flavor - cola - is fairly subtle. The Screwdriver does it justice.

Last edited:

Mockingbird

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
I've been on a Screwdriver for going on two years without complaint... and my preferred flavor - cola - is fairly subtle. The Screwdriver does it justice.

Oooh, oddly enough I'm vaping libertywings cola as I type :D

Good stuff folks, thanks for the recommendations. Any more out there?

Just for the fun of it I was planning to try my hand at building a 510 nicostick at about 3.7v - would this just give me the same flavour as the 510 atties I have now, or would the voltage change make a reall difference?

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
More power generally equals more vapor but not necessarily better vapor. With too much power you can get a burned taste either from overcooked liquid or from melted cart fibers, especially if it's manually triggered and you lean on the button too long. I stick to 3.7 volts myself and do a quick preheat before I begin an inhale, but not too long.

ETA: A clean atomizer also makes a big difference, flavorwise. I drain my atomizers each night (just turn it upside down over a paper towel) and never mix flavors in the same atomizer. Sometimes an atomizer can accumulate a lot of crud before its useful life has ended... in that case I like to clean it by soaking it overnight in - you'll like this - cola (the acidic nature of the drink is a crud buster) then rinse, blow out and drain thoroughly before returning to service.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The 901 gives good flavor, and a good TH if you are using a mod. But not much throat hit if you are using a pen style battery. I started with a 510 and I like it very much and even better using a mod, but it doesn't give much taste. If you like the 510 but want more flavor every now and then....I suggest trying a 901.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Higher volts doesnt mean improved flavor,in fact maybe opposite.The kr808 catomizers are the only thing Ive found to give great flavor.The vapor is slightly less,but worth it to me to improve the taste and they last a long time before refills.

KR808D-1 is my favorite of the 5 PVs I have!

There is still a ton of vapor and it's constant...every hit is the same...no tinkering.

The Flavor? Unmatched.

For me...I've said this before...it's the perfect PV

coralie

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
USA, Chicago area
I'm in the same position as Mockingbird, have a 510 and love the hit, but can't taste some flavors much. I know I need to cut out all analogs and my flavor tasting capacity will begin to enhance naturally. I'm thinking of trying a sidesho, so I'm glad to see your response, scheherezade. I'm looking for more information. I also have a 901, but either my parts are wacky or it's just not for me. I've always had trouble, in spite of parts from at least 3-4 vendors. Also would like to fiddle less than I do with the 510, but I am willing to maintain the same level of fiddling for better portability and flavor tasting. Does the Sidesho pcc charge from the wall or usb?

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
I have noticed that with my 510 manuals I get a burnt taste with TV liquids...go figure. I'm hoping that my new kr8s coming soon will give me the flavor that I'm after...there were 2 votes for the kr8 here, so I feel confident, and excited about my purchases. I am sure I will enjoy the differences between carts and cartomizers.

taniat99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Atlanta, GA
KR808D-1 is my favorite of the 5 PVs I have!

There is still a ton of vapor and it's constant...every hit is the same...no tinkering.

The Flavor? Unmatched.

For me...I've said this before...it's the perfect PV
:thumbs:

I agree! Contrary to what some people may believe, its also very easy to refill with your favorite e-liquid as well.

I learned it thorugh this youtube video: YouTube - How-to guide to refilling KR808D-1 or Vapor King cartomizers

If your seeking for a good flavor, try watermelon or lychee E Liquid :: Fruit Flavors :: E Liquid 30mL Watermelon - Electronic Cigarette Store | Premium E Cig & E Liquid. I've been on watermelon for the past few weeks now

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
:thumbs:

I agree! Contrary to what some people may believe, its also very easy to refill with your favorite e-liquid as well.

That's the hard way to refill. I simply drip 15 drops in the battery end and let it sit for an hour.

OR even easier

YouTube - Refill Ecig Cartos Quick and Easy (CCFM)

I got my KR808D-1 kit from VaporKings.com
and I love it. They have low prices and the customer service was great. Also...I didn't want logos all over my PV and they don't brand the 808.

Seriously...this two piece kills any 3 piece...I don't care what anyone says...I switch flavors 3-5 times a day and nothing ever bleeds over. I get about a day out of most of my cartomizers most of the time. Love the two piece!

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Hello everyone.

Thanks to this site I got a 510 starter pack with PCC five months and 26 days ago (heck, let's call it 6 months). I've not had a single tobacco cigarette since then (Woo!) and have saved (check phone app... ) about £400! THANKS!

Now my 510 gives nice amounts of vapour, and feels good to smoke/vape, but I always feel that the various (and multiple) flavours I buy are only just tasteable. I know they are getting through (the menthol in mint is very distinctive) but they just aren't strong. I've read a few times that the 510 isn't great for flavour.

Here's my question to you all:

If I'm keeping my 510 for I-need-nic-vaping, what ADDITIONAL PV would you recommend to capitalise on flavours? I'm happy to consider mods (purchased or assembled) as well as retail options.

thanks for your time.

I also recommend the eGo. I have been using it since Friday and the cone enhances the flavour. I am a avid 510 fan and the eGo is the next logical upgrade for anyone who is happy with the 510. And the eGo battery life is awesome!

taniat99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Atlanta, GA
That's the hard way to refill. I simply drip 15 drops in the battery end and let it sit for an hour.

I prefer the refilling method I posted above because I can vape almost immediately. It takes me literally 10 seconds to perform. It's also a very "clean" way to refill the carts. No mess, nothing to clean up afterwards. I simply use a tiny screwdriver (i.e. screwdriver for glasses hindges) that's only about 10 cm long so I can carry around just as easily if I want to.

I got my KR808D-1 kit from VaporKings.com

and I love it. They have low prices and the customer service was great. Also...I didn't want logos all over my PV and they don't brand the 808.

AnyCigarette.com has lower prices actually.. They have live chat and they're usually online all the time too.

But yeah.. The point is, KR808D should be in everyone's collection. It's really a great PV:)

Tania

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread