Recommendation for all New Vapors-Bump this if you think it's valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Ok all it's time to step it up a level.
There is a Niche called bottom Feeding.
I gave the Provari a mention so I have to mention Bottom Feeders too.
This is my New VV Bogger Box
bogger_1.jpg

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
This is a thread that tries to keep it simple

I'm going to back track from my original recommendation to only buy VV. With a Bottom Feeder you can get a spectacular Vape from a 1.5OHM or 1.8Ohm Atomizer using standard batteries.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Complicated stuff that could confuse you.
Also if you choose a Bottom Feeder that accepts 18650 batteries you may be able to upgrade it later on using a Evolve Kick.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Let's start with the Brands.

The Reo Grande is the gold standard of Bottom Feeders but is expensive at around $145.00
They also make a VV Reo Grande expensive and complicated at $195.00

I chose the VV Bogger Box because it had great reviews and for a price lower than the VV Reo Grande, which is metal and looks like mass produced, I received a beautifully crafted wood box.

A non VV Wood Crafted Bogger Box is running around $120.00

Now how does a Bottom Feed Work and why is it popular with connoisers.
Take a look at the inside of my box.
bogger_2.jpg

It works like all other PV s [Personal Vaporizer] units
It has a battery, circuitry that turns the battery power into Voltage to heat a coil.

There are only two differences.

Do you see the 8ml Bottle to the left. That's a squeeze bottle, and when you Squonk [Slang for squeeze the bottle] that feeds liquid up through the bottom and into your Atomizer or Cartomizer.

The second difference is that you will need a Atomizer or a Cartomizer with an open bottom so that you can squeeze juice into it.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
My History [Taken from another Post
4 years ago when I began vaping the common setup was a Atomizer and you plugged the cartridge filled with fiberfill into it. Some figured out that the purest taste was just dripping directly on the Atomizer. Forget the fiberfill. I tried it but it didn't work out it was too tricky and labor intensive.

Than vaping evolved and they made Cartomizers where the wire is embedded throughout the foam. I promptly switched to Cartomizers. Many didn't like cartomizers because you had to keep the foam wet. And some think the foam is nasty, So they invented Clearomizers, which I promptly switched to.
There is one last frontier that I never investigated because of it's high cost and my pigheadedness about trying something new, and that is Bottom Feeders.

The bottom feeder was developed 2 or 3 years ago to provide the flavor of dripping conveniently. Simply you squeeze a Plastic Bottle located on the bottom of the APV and it sends liquid into the atomizer from below. This is contrasted to dropping drops on the top.

The most famous of the bottom feeders is the Reo Grande Series. The Reo Grandes are priced from $145.00 to $195.00 for the aluminum versions which appears mass produced [ very pricy]. A new bottom feeder gaining traction is the vapage Vmod. It's priced around the $100.00 mark but if you wait you can get it with a 50% coupon in the $50s or 60s. They don't have a VV model yet.

A week ago I chose the VV Bogger Box it's a VV 3V to 7V device with a 5 Amp switch. It's hand crafted out of wood and less expensive than the Reo Grande VV. Also it's made in America with a 1 Year Warranty. The Reo Grande VV only has 6 months on the electronics [Shows the confidence level]

To those interested in the VV Bogger Box I did a review earlier today Click Here

My favorite Atomizer and the one that alleviated my issues about recommending non VV Bottom Feeders to beginners is the Empire LR [Low Resistance] Bridgeless Atomizer 1.8Ohm or 1.5Ohm if you like a really strong vape.

I find that the Empire at 4.2V is an excellent Vape and a non VV mod is capable of outputting this 4.2V.

Many of my worries about Bottom Feeding were alleviated with the Bridgeless model. It's forgiving you can over fill it and the liquid just drips back into the built in cup on my APV. Bottom feeding is very convenient , not messy at all and provides the tastiest vape imaginable.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
So how do I make bottom feeding easy for beginners.

1. Vapage Kit
By the way Vapage is constantly having sales and if you wait around you can pick up a unit for 40% off
I hesitate to recommend buying a vapage kit because the charger is only a 1 battery charger, and another person on the forum had issues with it. But if you want to buy a complete solution here it is Vapage VMOD-XL Premium Kit

2. Vapage XL
Put the kit together yourself
Vapage V-MOD XL
It comes with Atomizer so all you need are Batteries, Battery Charger, and E-Liquid
For the Battery and Charger I recommend
http://www.amazon.com/PROTECTED-Orbtronic-Panasonic-Lithium-Ion-Rechargeable/dp/B004AWE2L2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The VMod XL accepts protected batteries and I bought this brand before and they last forever when charged using the Xtar WP2 Charger.

If you want to go less expensive than plenty of choices out there but I recommend that a investment in quality batteries and a good charger will avoid alot of issues. Also a 3100 battery is going to give you tremendous Vape Time!!

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Just going to add my 2 cents here as a relatively new vaper (2 weeks and going strong)

I am not sure the MVP is a good choice for everyone and here is why.

I watched the video Phil Busardo did. The thing is BIG and the button is in a place that might be dead awkward for people with very small hands or some hand mobility issues. I have both problems. I doubt I could reach that button except with the very end of my thumb and then at the angle wouldn't have the leverage to push it. I would have to actually hold one in my hand to know for sure though.

My second issue for very little more money I can get a Vamo which has replaceable batteries. That to me was the final deal breaker. I don't want to spend that much on a device only to toss it out when the batteries give up the ghost.

I am actually shopping at this point for a better device than my ego-c batteries/setup that I started with which is what attracted me to this thread. Right now my debate is vamo or lavatube but I am open to other ideas in the same price range. :)

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If you are going to buy a Reo than you can check on the Reo Mod Site to see what they recommend.

If you are going to buy a Bogger Box they build it for a tight fit.
So you will want to purchase from Light Hound. I recommend LightHound because they are AW Direct and have recommendation for carrying authentic AW IMR Batteries. There are alot of counterfeits in the market so if you buy anywhere else, it's on you
2 AW IMR 2000mah Batteries
AW IMR 18650 2000mAh LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Than for a Charger
XTAR WXTAR WP2II Charger - 2 Bay Charger for 14650 / 17670 / 18650 etc

Finally for the Atomizer, you want the 510 Bridgeless Atomizer 1.8Ohm from Empire Mods.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I wouldn't say its a post just for beginer's, this is a good thread to read for anyone who fell off the vaping wagon and now is getting back on to, a lot has changed in the last couple of years and this is exactly the kind of thread I was looking for to play... catch up! Thank you!

Ilyanna
HI Ilyanna,
Thanks for the thumbs up. I see you started in 2008. Man it was hard back then. You just didn't have the options that you have today. Glad that you are finding this useful as a catch up thread. I changed my " This is a thread for beginners" to this is a thread that's trying to keep it simple.

Ilyanna

Jun 22, 2008
Assaria, KS, USA
Heya Tomzgreat,

It was, and thats a very good name for this thread. I was dripping with a couple of Prodigys the last time I vaped, but at least I had a place to restart other then the advertised cig-alikes. I just went straight for a mechanical I would be able to work with an evolve, Puresmokers legacy and grabbed a usb ego v2 while I was at it to start, but now I'm trying to learn about all the other innovations , especially replacing the 510 cart, I got a tank but don't care for the filling on the cart. I hopped back on here and was confused as all get out with all the new atty/cart types and tanks, I really appreciated finding this thread that spelled out the differences and how they developed, sometimes a little info is worse than no info at all. Keep up the great work, someone should sticky this thread!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Just going to add my 2 cents here as a relatively new vaper (2 weeks and going strong)

I am not sure the MVP is a good choice for everyone and here is why.

I watched the video Phil Busardo did. The thing is BIG and the button is in a place that might be dead awkward for people with very small hands or some hand mobility issues. I have both problems. I doubt I could reach that button except with the very end of my thumb and then at the angle wouldn't have the leverage to push it. I would have to actually hold one in my hand to know for sure though.

My second issue for very little more money I can get a Vamo which has replaceable batteries. That to me was the final deal breaker. I don't want to spend that much on a device only to toss it out when the batteries give up the ghost.

I am actually shopping at this point for a better device than my ego-c batteries/setup that I started with which is what attracted me to this thread. Right now my debate is vamo or lavatube but I am open to other ideas in the same price range. :)

Thank you for bringing this subject up.
Do you have a Vape Shop in your area. The best way to find is to go to yelp.com and type in " Vape Shop"

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. I just had my 11 year old daughter who I believe would be a Womans size Small hold the MPV and take some pictures. My daughter says that it's comfortable to hold in the hand and press the button. I also have dimensions for you and a picture of it with a Provari and a Sigelei Zmax side by side so you can see that it's not so big

Dimensions are 4 centimeters wide, 2.5 cm Thick and 9.5cm High
It's an inch and 1/2 shorter than the Zigelei Zmax which is around the height of the Vamo.

Don't worry all my daughter is just modeling and not vaping!!

Pic 1 ZMax Provari side by side behind
prov_zmax_Front_MVP.jpg

Pic 2 My Daughters Hand Size
mhand_1.jpg

Pic 3 My Daughter Holding 1
mhand_0.jpg

Pic 4 My Daughter Finger on Trigger
mhand_2.jpg

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'd like to reiterate on the mvp. It's a great unit for a great price I've been vaping over a year and it's one of my favorites. Especially for out and about due to the long battery life. I'd like to also add that the evod is a great match for it. Easy to use for beginners. Here's a pic I took in the car and no I wasn't driving lol.

IMAG0203.jpg

lilcrooked

May 7, 2013
Midwest
I own a total of 3 PV's. One 1300mah Vision Spinner, one Itaste MVP, and one Vamo V2. Analog free for only 45 days and I started out with 2 stainless finish Vision Spinners and a couple of T2 clearos. At about the 2 week mark I gave the stainless Spinners to my best friend to help him get started and bought a rubberized blue Spinner and the MVP. Just received my Vamo last week and as of now I could not be more pleased with all three of these devices. My only regret is I didn't read this thread until today. Turns out luck was on my side with the choices I made and this thread just ended up making me feel better about my own notions/whims. Thank you for a great read and for putting the time into posting this in the first place.

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
I wondering if buying the MVP after using vision spinners is too small of a level up? There are too many damn choices. I do want simplicity but also gearing up to try rebuilding. If I would have found this thread first I prob would have purchased the MVP right off the bat. So do I buy one now or save the money towards purchase of something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread