Reducing throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbobday

May 5, 2015
First off Hi my names James, I'm new to both the forum and vaping (been going about 3-4 weeks now). Before vaping I was a heavy menthol smoker (20-25 per day) but have now cut down to 4-6 per day. I haven't been able to smoke a non menthol cigarette for a few years due to it being to harsh on my throat.

I'm currently vaping with an kanger tech ipow2 battery @ 1.9ohm & 5.5 volts and a kanger tech EMOW areotank mega atomizer. I've got Mt Baker Vaper Hawk Sauce at 12mg nic and a PG/VG mix of 50/50. The main problem I have is the throat hit being far to strong to be able to smoke much of it, I read that it can take a couple of weeks to get used to but i'm still coughing every time I vape. I've order some juice which has a PG/VG mix of 30/70 which will hopefully help but is there anything else I can do to try and reduce the throat hit at all?

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
Hi james. as others have said the higher vg will help. Further decreasing your cig use as well if you are able. What time of day do you smoke cigs? It took me a while to switch off cigs too cause the throat hit was always the worse in the morning. I found getting through a half cup of coffee helped before having my first vape. Also if you havent increase your water consumption.

Your throat needs some time to recover from cigarette damage but you'll get there.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread