Riva 510 vs eGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Newfoundland, Canada
I'm trying to choose my first e-cig. I understand the Riva gets good reviews, but the battery on this eGO starter kit seems better. Which would you recommend....

In reference to the eGO, I've read...The battery on this e-cig will last longer than 4 standard 510 e-cig batteries. Were talking over 6 hours of vaping per battery! With this kind of power you can use a low resistance atomizer which will give you a much more powerful hit of vapor, much like vaping on a larger high voltage ecig mod. These kits come with 2 complete eGo units, and are authentic Joye Branded kits, beware of inferior knock offs out there. The eGo can work with the eGo XL atomizers or the 510 atomizers. The eGo will also work with eGo XL cartomizers or 510 cartomizers.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
There are "inferior knock offs out there", but the EastMall Riva is not one of them. Joye is one of the excellent e-cig manufacturers, but not the only one. Since it is higher mAh than the eGo and much less expensive, I prefer the Riva. [FYI: mAh = milliamp hours, i.e., how long you can vape between charges. For example, the 650 mAh eGo goes for a lot longer than the 180 mAh 510 battery ... and the 750 mAh Riva goes even longer.]

Liberty-Flights sells the 750 mAh Riva-510 ("Lite Bundle", but there is nothing 'lite' about it) for $30. [Make sure you click on the "20% Discount" icon in the upper left of the screen first, in order to see this price.] Their $35 "Special Edition" Riva-510 is higher voltage. [The eGo and regular Riva are regulated 3.2V; the Special Edition (and a couple other fat batts) are "nominal" 3.7V: starting out at 4.2V fully charged and gradually dropping down to 3.2V before demanding recharge.]

For even higher mAh (and larger size), Vapor Junction sells the 1100 mAh Riva for $50. [I believe that it is 3.2V like the regular Riva and eGo.] I love my 3.7V 1100 mAh KGO from Hoosier E-Cig Supply for $45. [And it looks so cool in chrome, especially with a steel cartomizer and drip tip.]

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I wholeheartedly second Don's recommendation for the 1100 mAh KGO...I just got mine: black with gold trim, and I think it looks so elegant. I'm also a huge fan of Boge cartos, and a 2.4 ohm on this KGO with HEAVY vaping gives me 8+ hours of bliss. Even the 3.2 ohm Boge on it is a good vape for me...but then I'm not a huge fan a very high wattage. Got mine from BreezeSmokes for $43 in about 2 days. Absolutely love it!

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
When it comes to the 510, any 510 is going to have a shorter battery life than an ego. The most basic ego is a 650 mah battery, but also comes in 900 and 1100 mah. I know the ego is a very popular model and goes by many names, kgo being one of the brand names put onto an ego, just like Riva and Joye are brands as well. Just depends on what you're looking for. I have an ego mega 900 mah battery that I've been using for a couple of months now with boge 510 cartos (egos and 510s can use the same cartomizers). It's been very very good to me. Good luck to ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread