root beer help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
I just got my shipment of lorannes, I have been waiting to try to make root beer. I made it the same way I have been making my fruit flavors (that I have been having good luck with) 80% nic, PG, VG mix and 20% root beer flavor. I filled a carto with my new blend and tried it and it tasted kind of nasty. Anyone have luck with this one? What did I do wrong? I guess I will let it sit for a day and try it again on the 510 and see if it tastes any different. Any wisdom would be great as I love to drink root beer, I guess it is like my search for chocolate that I want too!!!:evil:

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
I'm experimenting with Lorann's Rootbeer too. I can get some flavor from it, especially if I mix it with Pralines and Cream(mostly for the sweet). I'm currently trying a new experiment though. I mixed 3ml of 50mg PG(1.5ml), 1ml PG, 0.5ml Rootbeer. to make a 24mg PG Rootbeer at 15% flavor. I plan on giving it a good shake a couple of times a day for a week and then trying it. I'm thinking that the key to good flavor is aging vs the "fresh" juice everyone raves about. I'll post back here when it's done and letcha know..:)

Last edited:

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I just got my shipment of lorannes, I have been waiting to try to make root beer. I made it the same way I have been making my fruit flavors (that I have been having good luck with) 80% nic, PG, VG mix and 20% root beer flavor. I filled a carto with my new blend and tried it and it tasted kind of nasty. Anyone have luck with this one? What did I do wrong? I guess I will let it sit for a day and try it again on the 510 and see if it tastes any different. Any wisdom would be great as I love to drink root beer, I guess it is like my search for chocolate that I want too!!!:evil:

When I first started DIY flavors, I got the LorAnns rootbeer as well. For me, to get that real rootbeer flavor you need to add some LorAnns Sassafras. (Rootbeer is made from this). What you need to be careful of is that the mixture can clog your atty's fast. Remember to blow them out quite often.

Another brand you might try and is really good is Tasty Puff's rootbeer flavor. Doesn't present a clogging problem.

I'm experimenting with Lorann's Rootbeer too. I can get some flavor from it, especially if I mix it with Pralines and Cream(mostly for the sweet). I'm currently trying a new experiment though. I mixed 3ml of 50mg PG(1.5ml), 1ml PG, 0.5ml Rootbeer. to make a 24mg PG Rootbeer at 15% flavor. I plan on giving it a good shake a couple of times a day for a week and then trying it. I'm thinking that the key to good flavor is aging vs the "fresh" juice everyone raves about. I'll post back here when it's done and letcha know..:)

You're quite right about letting the flavors age. At least that's what I've found. I'll make a batch of juice and then let it sit for 2 weeks in the dark. The flavor is better and sweeter.

For rootbeer, see above post.
Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
just following up on my previous experiments...I am just confirming(mostly for myself).that Lorann's Rootbeer seems to indeed be my atty killer. Also didn't fair well with the Keoke Coffee or the Butterscotch. The common denominator does indeed seem to be the Caramel Color in all 3 of these flavors. Really sucks cause they would be some of my favs!

I do have some new Flavourart stuff coming though..so we're still pluggin away...but so far nothing to report on the Rootbeer quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread