Watkins Root Beer Extract Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlg6184

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Illinois
While venturing through the baking isle at the local Walmart, I noticed that they carry Watkins brand flavorings. Through searching the forums, I have found that only a handful have been tried and approved by the community, the rest seem to be "try at your own risk." I was curious, has anyone tried the Watkins Root Beer Extract flavoring, and if anyone has an opinion of it on whether it is safe to use or not.

Watkins Official Home Business Opportunity Web Site | Root Beer Extract, 2 oz

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
If you look at the ingredient list, it states: Propylene glycol, water, natural and artificial flavor,caramel color.

Pretty much the same as a lot of flavorings we already use. I don't really like the idea of added coloring (though, a while back, I spoke with someone at Watkins, and I think they're ridding of this practice sometime in the near future).

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Cool, thanks for the information. Has anyone actually tried it to see how good it is, or have any thoughts on where to start %-wise with it?

I almost bought a bottle of the chocolate, but, I didn't like an ingredient in that particular flavoring (can't remember what it was now).

Be our guinea pig :D

jlg6184

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Illinois
Just an update:

Got in touch with someone who has used this flavoring before, and he stated that it was quite weak, and he found 15% flavoring was about the right spot for it. So I mixed up a batch (small) to try at 15%. Fresh after mixing, flavor isn't bad, but it is weak, maybe letting it sit a few days might bring the flavor out a bit more. Other than it being a bit weak, it does taste pretty good. It tastes quite similar to those generic root beers you can get at just about any convenience store. Could likely do with a small bit of sweetener, but I won't try that until I see what the flavor does after a few days.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I am working with vanilla right now. Bought good quality in alcohol and am letting it sit open on the hope the alcohol will evap. Then will try it in a mix. So far haven't found any vanilla that I really like. Thought I might be able to mix the extract with a few other of the concentrated types and see if any diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread