Ruyan e-pipe vs. DSE601 e-pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovebird

May 9, 2009
This morning, I received a DSE601.
I was amazed at its power again. I said “again” since I experienced the same power when I got a Ruyan e-pipe as well.

First of all, I would like to report the difference in the appearances and so on except the tastes because it will take a little more time to find out the difference in tastes and internal factors.

1. At a glance, the workmanship of my Ruyan is superior to that of my DSE601. Ruyan has a ball with high-quality surface due to matte effect, but DSE601 does not when I place them side by side to make a comparison.
2. The mouthpiece of Ruyan has the same size as that of DSE601, and so does the LED cap and the cart. The mouthpiece of DSE601 is a little bit stiffer than that of Ruyan, which makes me feel better with my Ruyan in my mouth.
3. The batteries for DSE601 have 900 mAh, while they have 950 mAh for Ruyan. But this difference does not seem to be very significant.
4. I feel big difference in the original liquid, particularly, in viscosity, which may have significances.

The above are not related to tastes. I would like to report on tastes later, which are of most interest .

lovebird

May 9, 2009
Hi, howard,
Previously, I forgot to say the followings:
1) I purchased both my Ruyan e-pipe and my DSE601 are from HG. I bought a Ruyan e-pipe from them since they deal with Ruyan e-pipes without gift boxes at a lower price.
2) The Ruyan e-pipe have harder wooden balls than the DSE601. That is heavier than this.

My opinion on the differences between the two pipes:
1. Tenderness
The difference between my Ruyan and my 601 is not in the volume of mist but in its tenderness. My Ruyan can definitely provide me with more tender mist than my 601. I found this when I tried both pipes with the same cart and the same liquid.
I looked into the atom tube to notice that the atom of the DSE601 seems to have a V-shape while that of Ruyan looks to be of U-shape.
To enjoy the tenderness of mist, however, I think we have other better e-cigs than the Ruyan e-pipe.

2. Tastes
I can enjoy subtle taste through my Ruyan, but cannot through my 601. This may come from the difference in tenderness explained above. If you enjoy only strong flavors such as tobacco flavor with a plenty of mist, I think the DSE601 will be OK.

3. Draw
My 601 has much lighter draw than my Ruyan. Tremendously light draw!
My 601 seems to prefer thick liquid over thin one. If I use other thin liquid for my 601, he consumes it very rapidly, incredibly rapidly. It’s true that my Ruyan also consumes liquid rapidly, but my 601 consumes much more.
This is my personal opinion, but the DSE601 tends to require thicker and more liquid along with higher nico than the Ruyan e-pipe.
The above may be the most significant difference between the two pipes. It will be difficult to notice unless you have both since they are definitely different from the other e-cigs I have experienced.

4. Cost/Performance
I estimate my 601 consumes 1.5 - 2 times as much liquid as my Ruyan. This indicates that if you are a heavy user and always need nico liquid, its cost may not be negligible. Otherwise, a DSE601 will be able to show better cost/performance than a Ruyan e-pipe.

The best is to purchase both, lol.
In my case, I am going to use my 601 as T-shirts and my Ruyan as jackets with ties.

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
Don't forget that the guarantee for the Ruyan is void if you use anything but Ruyan carts in their pipe. Heres a cut and paste:

Guarantee(Please check Guarantee Policy)
Guarantee including: e-pipe body(led cap excluded)
Guarantee period: five year
Guarantee is valid only if this product is used with RUYAN cartridges

THELEGACYMAN

Jan 9, 2010
new york
I have the 601 and loved it but after 3 mo. it began to have problems. I did contact litecig but did not get much support. I asked about the 6 mo warranty and got no response.
The Ruyan e-pipe is looking better now. My 601 is using up a lot of juice and sometimes I have to use the cleaning switch to get it to even produce vapor.
I loved it but it seems like if you are going to use the pipe a lot you will have to buy the replacement atty every 3 mo. at $40 a pop. that's $160 a yr. x5 yrs in comparison. PS the 601 did become unglued from the neck. Now I have to be careful not to pull the whole atty out of the pipe. Bummer:unsure:

Last edited:

IvanR

May 3, 2010
Germany
I own both the Ruyan and the 601, but not yet for long enough to comment on their longevity. They look very similar - however, the construction of the Ruyan is of far higher quality. The wood is more beautiful, and the parts fit together nice and firm. The draw is firmer too, and more consistent.

I found the taste of the Ruyan cartridges to improve with acquaintance, it's very different to the usual PG/VG flavors and makes a nice change when relaxing at the end of the day.

Smoking my Ruyan makes me want to sit in an armchair and sip a fine whisky. Sometimes I do just that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread