• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second UK Zamplebox (Warning: Huge Posts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
This is my second Zamplebox, shipped to the UK in a week again. I decided to put this one in a separate thread, as there are so many pictures and a lot of text, I didn't want it to be difficult to find amongst the other thread which can be found here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/uk-forum/543994-zamplebox-made-uk-pic-heavy.html
I'm also going into even more detail, so it might be a good time to settle down with a hot drink and your favourite juice :D

I have to applaud the customer service from these guys, as I got my order in a bit of a mess by screwing up the curation engine process where you can specify what you like and don't like. Although I quit smoking using tobacco flavours, I really don't like them at all any more so was a little worried that I may get one or two. A quick email later and a very quick reply, I was assured that I would love what I got and that the selection would be totally different to my last box (I ended up ordering less than a month since my last box).

So let's get to the good stuff!

My last box came with a couple of worrying dents, which is obviously down to the postal service but contents were very well packed and intact. This box came in great condition.

Only one coupon in this box, which made the juices more of a surprise in there, but it is for a whopping 30% off 503 eliquids (after my last review you may know how welcome this is to me :D)

The familiar green tissue paper parcel, and already a blast of watermelon coming from it.

Well wrapped in bubble wrap and feels like there's plenty in there!

And here is the little bundle of joy!

Now let's break it down on the next post below. As before prices are shown in the native $ and converted to £. Where shipping rates can't be found I've assumed the cheapest shipping I've had from the US to avoid exaggerating the final figure.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Rocket Fuel Love Potion No. 9 10ml
Love Potion No.9 fuses sweet, juicy peach with subtle hints of fig and blueberry for a smooth, luscious taste.
$6.50 assume $5.94 shipping. Total $12.44 £7.43

Great reviews on this one, and I must say I'm very intrigued about the fig. Others say that it's fresh, with lots of flavour. Even people unsure about the fig are reporting that they adored it. Smells natural and sweet with a hint of rich fig.

Nicquid Strawberry Fuzz 10ml
The perfect marriage of ripe juicy strawberries, peaches and awesomeness can be found in NicQuid Strawberry fuzz! It is a tornado for the senses and sure not to disappoint. NicQuip: Folk lore states that if you split a double strawberry in half and share it you’ll soon fall in love. Well with NicQuid Strawberry Fuzz that’s exactly what we did we split the strawberry in half and married it to a peach… now when you vape it guess what happens next! $8.19 + $7 shipping. Total $15.19 £9.07

I've heard great things about Nicquid, and going by the reviews they are well liked by vapers the world over. Glowing reviews on this one quoting authentic flavours.
Smells like a gorgeous natural strawberry juice and I get a hint of the peach come through in the background.

Big Heart Flavors House Blend Hell's Melons 17ml
An intense melon blend with a sparkling surprise.
$10 No shipping outside US but assume $5.94. Total $15.94 £9.52

Can't find any decent reviews of this one, but one Australian Zamplebox member simply describes it as AMAZING. This is the one that filled the box with aroma this time, I smelled it as soon as I lifted the lid! Smells very much like a watermelon Jolly Rancher except more natural. I've got big hopes for this one with the promise of a sparkling surprise. Hope it's the same surprise that is in TripHammers Fizzy Trifle! This is probably the first juice I've come across where there's no other way to get it in the UK commercially.

503 eliquid Mixed Berry 15ml
A bouquet of berry flavors. No basket or picking required.
$12.50 + $20 shipping. Total $32.50 £19.41

Again, can't find much out there review wise, but I'm very excited about this one. The Blackbird from 503 has been the most amazing juice I've ever tried, and will long continue to be a staple in my cupboard. I've been in touch with Bobby who works at Smokeless Smoking and have to say, they're a stand up company :thumb: This one smells exactly as described, very natural and insane strength (aroma and I will certainly assume flavour again). If you're a lover of intense flavours cranked to 11 (casual Spinal Tap reference) then you can't go wrong with 503.

Alpha Vape Heist 15ml
A delicious candy apple concoction! The flavors are bright, sweet, and candy tasting. The fruity blend is intoxicating and many find this juice as an all day vape! It is a unique due to the mixture of the strawberry and mango with the slight hint of sweet pineapple. If you are looking for a fully loaded, and flavorful juice, this juice is definitely for you!
$12 + $14.99. Total $26.99 £16.12

Mixed reviews out there on this one. It seems to be the Marmite of juices, with some saying it's an incredible vape, others say that it doesn't wick well (assuming due to higher VG) and gives a burnt taste. I'm not going to pre-judge, as one review says his juice was a red colour, whereas this is golden as in the marketing images. The Sweet Tooth I tried in my last box wasn't a stand out flavour for me. It was decent, but seemed to be lacking a lot of complexity that I expected to be there. This one smells more exciting with a very intense sour citrus that seems to fit better with the description this time. The thickness doesn't seem bad at all, I've certainly run thicker juices through my RDA's with cotton, so I have no reason to think that this won't wick.

Blueprint Vapor C.R.E.A.M 30ml
The only way to describe the original Blueprint flavor, C.R.E.A.M., is a Butterfinger McFlurry, but more subtle. It is the be all and end all of dessert vapes.
Primary Flavors: Peanut Butter, Cream, Chocolate, Ice Cream, Vanilla
C.R.E.A.M. is a flavor that's hard to nail down. The "custard" market in vaping is one of the most saturated flavor profiles in the game, but C.R.E.A.M. is sort of avoiding the fight all the other flavors are having. It's doing so by not being a straightforward custard. It is, for sure, in the custard family, but it's doing a hell of a lot more than just "custard."
What do I mean? Well, first of all, there's most certainly a nutty note present. In addition, I almost want to call this a hybrid vape for both custard lovers and tobacco lovers. While I obviously can't say whether or not tobacco is present, it certainly fulfills that similar flavor expectation one would want out of a tobacco. Also, it's very, very creamy. Not "vanilla with sugar and cream" creamy, but more of a "this clearly has some heavy cream in it."
When looking at custards on the market, of which there are an insane amount, you should most certainly take a chance on C.R.E.A.M. Specifically because it is different. It also serves as a gentle reminder that custards can come in many forms, and in vaping we can invent profiles more intricately than we can with food.
$22 + $13.99 shipping. Total $35.99 £21.49

I'm really looking forward to trying this one, and the reviews out there certainly seem to imply that I will be in for a treat. I LOVE Butterfingers and peanut butter, and I'm quite fond of a few custards out there, but not all. Going by the description, I hope it is the case that you pick up on the cream and it doesn't have the all too common very synthetic custard in there that seems to leave a strange feeling in my mouth, that it's left a film of something that I don't like the feel of. Although I don't like tobaccos generally, I do appreciate the complexity that some have, and glad that it leaves you wondering if it's there or not rather than coming across as a tobacco vape.
I certainly get this in the nose, it's one of those that no matter how long or how many times you smell it, you can't pick up on specifics. In that first split second it is a complex tobacco (or could be the notes of peanut and chocolate), but then you change your mind when it develops into a fresh vanilla, and carries on to the cream. I'm sure there's a hint of citrus there too. No kidding, I must have sniffed this one more than 50 times and I still can't put my finger on exactly what's in there :D This is a bottle without a dropper, so as I recommended last month, buying a few dropper bottles and stealing the dropper from one is a worthwhile thing to save headaches. I got 5 for around £4 on eBay. Or you could just re-use a dropper from an old empty bottle of course.

Total: $139.05 or £83.03

Even though we seem to get more dollars for the pound this month, it's still beat last months total of £70.76! Again, excellent value for £25-£27 in total including shipping. Premium liquids in the UK just can't be had for this price.

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Nice :)

Looks like we got a similar amount near the 100ml mark this month, which is amazing value for money. I also got 3 of the same flavours as you - I've done a quick write-up of them in the other thread. Which flavour did you pick as the main one? (I'm assuming that you did something similar to me when forming a flavour profile). I said yes to everything except tobacco, with dessert flavours as my pick if i was stranded on a desert island and had only one flavour type.

It's early days, but if these juices are anything like the nicoticket / epic / suicide bunny flavours i have tried previously then it seems like these US juices are more flavoursome than the UK juices (or at least on a par with the best of the UK juices i have tried so far)

edit: when answering the questions to form the flavour profile i said yes to juices made outside USA, so will be interesting to see if i get any from various countries in future orders.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Glad it worked out for you :)

I think my profile must have gone through by the sounds of it, and I probably chose the exact same as you from what I remember. No tobacco, don't mind menthol and non US juices. I'm sure I would have picked dessert flavours above all else too! I got a second curation engine a while ago so may try doing it again.

I've found most to be much more flavoursome than typical UK ones (or as you say, at least matching the best from the UK) and certainly more adventurous. I believe Golden Drops from the Philippines has been included in other peoples boxes before at the very least.

Nice little write up in the other thread too! Although the Blueprint juices are different varieties, I'll be interested in your take on it. This is what I've found of mine so far:

Big Heart Hell's Melons: Super juicy watermelon that I vaped continuously for 3 days and could have probably finished the bottle without getting bored! Smells like a typical American take on watermelon but tastes more natural. This stuff is THICK! Luckily I drip so no problems with wicking.

Blueprint Vapor C.R.E.A.M: Can't get any flavour whatsoever from this one. Lots of throat hit, can taste peppery nicotine but nothing else. Might let it breathe for a couple of days and come back to it.

Nicquid Strawberry Fuzz: The closest thing I've found to actual strawberry juice and not too sweet. Peach is well in the background, but the strawberry makes up for it.

Rocket Fuel Love Potion: Another authentic fruit! Interestingly I don't find it sweet at all, it's very delicate, but don't quite get fig. If it was a blind taste test I would guess peach and elderflower.

Alpha Vape Heist: A bit of an enigma so far, this one. It smells like it would blow your head off. Very strong citrus flavour but lots more there that I honestly can't put my finger on. I would agree with it being a candy flavour, almost like a fruity chalky sweet. Certainly like this a whole lot more than the sweet tooth I got last month.

Just very much looking forward to trying the new 503 next, fanboy that I've become :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread