Seems like most of the hyped, big name juices aren't for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
My most recent try was Boba's Bounty. I am disappointed. Its been like 3 weeks since I got the bottle so its pretty well steeped. The flavor is boring and bland to me. Fortunately its not icky but it tastes like it needs something. I prefer Gorilla juice but the base of GJ seems to be the same as Boba's and it flattens out the banana. I really don't get the fuss.

This has happened with virtually all the hyped juices- minus Copper Creek's House Blend. I absolutely do not like any Ry4s or derivatives, and I got them off the Ry4 round up. Tried all the ones at the top of the list, as well as the top ranked derivatives. Then Dekang tab, meh. VS: Frisco, Tampa. Meh. Halo Tribeca, Torque 56, meh. Those one's have an icky smell that kills it for me. I can't vape what I don't like the smell of. I won't get into all of the ones I dislike but trust me, they are the ones most hyped. I'm now waiting on Virgin Vapor stuff to try one of the last hyped juicemakers I haven't tried yet. I think I will save my money and try Flavour Art from Italy next.

I've spent alot of money and I figured out what I will probably like thanks to getting so many that I didn't. Darker liquids are the way for me to go. If its not on the dark side (hehe, how typical), chances are that I won't like it- or at least not lots. There are some exceptions to the darkness factor but they have been few.

Still, Boba's isn't light. I was so happy when I saw that, as none of the companies write color descriptions on their websites. I thought I had something that would make it into my daily rotation. But nope.

Thank you, Johnsons Creek! And Copper Creek (especially for HB & Cake)! I wouldn't have an all day rotation without you!

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
When I started I wanted strong flavors so I get what you're saying, but after a while I found them to be too strong, maybe because my taste buds started to come back? Now my all day vapes are very bland flavors, I find anything too strong or sweet starts to be too much after an hour or so.
Keep those juices, you may not like them now, but maybe you will later!

Julia

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
It has taken me a year to find my favorites. Some that were my favorites during that year, I can't even stand to vape anymore. Have you tried passion fruit from CC, it is a clear liquid, but it has a strong flavor, but it isn't real sweet. I just found out about CC about 2 months ago, and I'm so glad. I ordered a lot of the "number 1" juice selections of others also, and I ended up giving them or throwing them away. I learned to order lots of sample sizes instead of initially trying to order economically, and getting the larger 15 or 30ml bottles.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
IMO Bobas sucked at a low nic level. I loved it at 18mg (except for it being thick VG - I won't use anything even 1/2 that thick in cartomizers which I think are the nicest way to vape). At 6mg it sucked. I had previously asked them why they don't sell 0mg and they said one of the flavor ingredients is with the nicotine so they can't make 0mg. So I am thinking maybe at 6mg you get less of that flavor ingredient too.

I use thin clear 80PG/20VG juices or others around that thin-ness like V4L WOW juice. My 2 main juices are V4L WOWbacco (cocoa tobacco, and WOWboy is the same w/ a bit of mint) and WOW Vanilla. Thin and clear, work great in cartos.

And in general - you have to find your own juices. I based most of my first 100 juice purchases on ones that seemed well-loved in the Eliquid Reviews section of ECF. I disliked 8 out of 10. And I would say 1 in 20 was something I liked enough to order again.

Another suggestion from me - Velvet Vapor Raspberry Gingerale - I never regretted trying that one.

Last edited:

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
Thanks for the additional suggestions & glad to know I'm not alone.

So far as Velvet Vapors goes, I got their sample pack and the black cherry is one of the few cherries I've tried that I like.

One of the few light liquids I like is turbosmog by My Freedom Smokes. I drip it to get a break from the same 3 that i usually vape all the time.

Sux that my reject pile is ever growing. Maybe they will grow on me like someone said but I wish I could turn them back into my money, ya know what I mean?

Last edited:

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
Luckily I do have my all day vape, actually my rotation, as I vape 4 juices regularly (not all at once, LOL). Johnson's Creek & Copper Creek are my tried and true ejuice companies. (Domestic & Tennessee Cured, Cake & House Blend, respectively) Problem is how many didn't make the daily rotation and most of them are the hyped ones. Seems like my MO extends even to the area of vaping. If its popular, I probably won't like it. I always have to carve my own path. No shortcuts for me.

I'm sorry op. I got lucky and found my all day vape on my first juice order ever(bobas bounty).

You will find it...just keep looking. Also it seems that you are trying tobacco flavor...maybe look into a good cinnamon menthol or coffee flavor. Might be more your thing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

BonsaiSuperstar

May 21, 2010
D8N OH
I have tried any flavors, and it really just depends on the day what I like. I have this pyramid fusion from gotvapes that I love but numerous people have told me smells like pee on exhale so I can't use it all the time, but at home I just keep going back to it. Volcano's choconilla haze is AMAZING too if you haven't tried it. It's a pricier juice but it's top quality for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread