should i charge my mod with 2 amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Research the max amps your cells can handle that is the only way to know..

Most cells are over an amp per cell so I see no problem with charging a dual cell device at 2A. For instance nominal charging for a LG HG2 is 1.5A per cell however they are rated 4A for fast charge although fast charging will significantly reduce the lifespan of the cell.

Kind of irrelevant but sort of fall in line with this, I tested all my USB wall warts a while ago to see what amps they were putting out using a simple USB voltage/amp tester, the only high drain usb device I have is my vaporesso Revenger which is rated at 2.5A charging, I had multiple wall warts to test including a couple 3amp ones, the only ones that tested accurate were Samsung ones that tested at 1.5A/2.1A,a duracell one that tested 2.6A (rated 2.1A) and the 2 joyetech ones at 1.1A(rated 1A), When I tested using the 3A warts the Revenger maxed out at 2.64A on both

I tested 5x 1A no name ones as well, one tested at a whopping 350ma... Two tested about 650ma and the last two tested at the lower end of 900ma and are the only two I kept out of those ones..

Either way the charger built into the speeder will draw what it wants and 2A is nothing for a dual cell device so I'd say depending on your cells go for the quick charge..

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread