Well... show us your loud and proud!

Is this one you are talking about?
2qb65iu.jpg

Ohhh I like that one!

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
So, I finally did it!!! The hubby brought me home hello kitty duct tape tonight and away I went. I though the pattern was so cute! I am satisfied with the outcome minus a few top edges, but I think with some use and some rubbing it'll smooth out. Should I put a coat over it? What would anyone recommend?

PhotoGrid_1385791149983_zpsda9d3942.jpg

As I was doing this tonight, my husband sat and watched me and offered his input as I went along. He was probably more excited than I was with the end result. It was a fun little thing to do together though - it might just be a couple weekly date night!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
The Hello, Kitty mod is adorable!

Here's my pink zebra-stripe duct tape mod:

It's the only mod I've tried duct tape on so far. It has no need for cut-outs or corners.

Thanks! This is the first one I've ever tried.That's Soooo cute! I love the red, it's gorgeous! How long has yours been wrapped? Any peeling?

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
So, I finally did it!!! The hubby brought me home hello kitty duct tape tonight and away I went. I though the pattern was so cute! I am satisfied with the outcome minus a few top edges, but I think with some use and some rubbing it'll smooth out. Should I put a coat over it? What would anyone recommend?

PhotoGrid_1385791149983_zpsda9d3942.jpg

As I was doing this tonight, my husband sat and watched me and offered his input as I went along. He was probably more excited than I was with the end result. It was a fun little thing to do together though - it might just be a couple weekly date night!

Looks awesome. I don't think I would coat it with anything. Duct tape is cheap & easy to replace. :vapor::D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thanks! This is the first one I've ever tried.That's Soooo cute! I love the red, it's gorgeous! How long has yours been wrapped? Any peeling?

It's been wrapped for a few months. No peeling so far.

winemermaid

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
United States
Looks awesome. I don't think I would coat it with anything. Duct tape is cheap & easy to replace. :vapor::D

Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure, I didn't know how easy it would be to get off and replace! Lol I haven't made too much with duct tape.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

I'm right here! Can't you see me?!

I've missed you too, a lot! You just kind of disappeared. Of course, I have no place to complain since I disappear a lot too. But, I had a little help disappearing this time. My internet was out for a while.

How've you been?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere

I'm right here! Can't you see me?!

I've missed you too, a lot! You just kind of disappeared. Of course, I have no place to complain since I disappear a lot too. But, I had a little help disappearing this time. My internet was out for a while.

How've you been?

Yes, that's true. I was MIA for a bit, then when I came back, you and Mookie were gone :(. Happy to see you again though. What device re you vaping these days? PICS please!!!!

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Ladies - something terrible has happened. As I've been evolving in my vape knowledge (trying new things, searching for the better vape), I discovered sub ohm coils. I am wrapping my own coils and wicking with cotton now - has to be done on a mechanical mod and has to use an 18650 size battery to work (Sony or MNKE 30 amp). I graduated to about a .45 ohm coil just a couple of weeks ago and I have been literally blown away by how good the vapor and flavor is.

So now I realize I can't go back! I don't enjoy vaping anymore on clearos, Protanks, Davides or even my gorgeous carto tanks. :( It's a beautiful thing to have found such an amazing vape experience, but what about all my pretties? I have such a lovely collection of aesthetically girly and pretty mods and toppers - and all the time it took to piece together the colors and decorations! I'm so sad :( They are just sitting and gathering dust now, never to again be enjoyed.

I guess maybe I should sell everything so someone else can enjoy them the way I once did. This is the problem with pushing for a better vape :(

Maybe I will gather everything together for photos and take the lot to the classies. I'm feeling a bit like a mom though - don't want to part with my babies :( And honestly, how much would I sell them for?

Anyone else go through this? Any advice?

Here's a bit of what I put together before I got into sub-ohming:

IBTankedaquatank_zpsa6306a0b.jpg

whiteProvarimini_zpsfff0a371.jpg

modcollectionSep2013_zps5de59cb0.jpg

I soooo know what you mean about cartos and clearos losing their appeal once you try RBAs and RDAs but in my experience, sub-ohming turns out to be a bit of a phase with many people as it's hard on batteries, only works with some juices, burns others and will find you having to build way more coils than you would at 1.0 and higher.

If it were me, I would at least hold on to your VV mods for a little while because you never know when you might swoon over Kayfun type tanks which really make the best use of those and beat the flavour of sub-ohming hands down (just my opinion - of course). ;)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yes, that's true. I was MIA for a bit, then when I came back, you and Mookie were gone :(. Happy to see you again though. What device re you vaping these days? PICS please!!!!

I guess I'll have to get something together on MY weekend, like maybe Tuesday. Today I need to try to get a couple more hours of sleep, then go pick my daughter up from the bus station, then go to work.

While the rest of the world is relaxing for the weekend, I'm working. I sure miss having a job where I'm in sync with the rest of the world and can actually have a life like a normal person.

So, pics next week. I promise. Of course, you know I don't really dress up my mods like the more creative people here. I just have fun with what I buy and maybe add an occasional wrap.

Just promise not to disappear again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread