SIDs and batteries, sure would appreciate some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
So I got this sweet little SID recently. It's quite impressive, my little Lamborghini mod.

I feel like I should know this already, but hey, we are here for information sake,yeah? Between Rebuildables, DIY and easing into NET solutions..it's alot of knowledge to assimilate

I am currently vaping on a Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250 mAh. Which is, of course unprotected.

I got thinking, would a VapeSafe as well be cool, or is that way too much and/or something that would interfere with the mod?

And also who has any experience/info re: Sanyo UR18650ZT 18650 2800mAhs (another type I own) ? Is this a reasonable , good safe battery for the SID? And same question with the VapeSafe.

The sid is a tight fit and wouldn't allow a Panasonic Protected into it's battery bay.

I am just wondering if these batteries are considered IMR or the equivalent.

I know AWs are considered "the poo" but I don't have any yet.

Just trying to prevent any possibility of thermal runaway and such.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Panasonics are made of a safer chemistry, (same as the AW IMR's), unlike a protected battery. They are designed to vent only, unlike a protected battery. They can handle higher amp loads than protected batteries which is very important for the APV's being made today. As to the VapeSafe fuse, it is just for added protection regardless of what battery or APV you are using and is mainly to keep the battery spring from collapsing in the case of a battery failure.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Panasonics are made of a safer chemistry, (same as the AW IMR's), unlike a protected battery. They are designed to vent only, unlike a protected battery. They can handle higher amp loads than protected batteries which is very important for the APV's being made today. As to the VapeSafe fuse, it is just for added protection regardless of what battery or APV you are using and is mainly to keep the battery spring from collapsing in the case of a battery failure.

Cool.

What do you think about the Sanyos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread