Sigelei 150 watt TC 100 Joules (Temp Control) Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
Alright folks here's my take on the new Sigelei 150w tc mod.

Its a rather interesting shape, Does vape well though and has a freakin 100 joules for nickel it tastes so good. I do wish it did have presets and a button lock feature, other then that it's pretty good.
Hope you all enjoy.

SIGELEI 150 TC _SIGELEI 150W TC box mod_SIGELEI Electronic Cigarette -
sigelei 150w temperature control mod

Some Specs on the device:

sigelei 150W TEMP CONTROL BOX MOD
TECHNICAL PARAMETERS:
Model name
SIGELEI 150W TC

Type
Temp Control mod VV/VW

Colors
Black & Silver

Adjustable Pin
Spring loaded pin

Sub ohm
0.1 ohm-3.0 ohm

Wattage Range
10w-150w

Max current
35A

Temp Control Range
100-300°C / 212-572°F

Certificate
CE&ROSH
Gross weight
190g

MAIN FEATURES:
Max Power: 150W
Temperature Control Adjustment
100 Joules for ni200
Low Voltage Protection
Low Resistance Protection
Input High Voltage Warning
Output Short-Circuit Protection
Reverse Battery Protection
Overheating Prevention

Temperature Control Range: 212-572 F

The SigeleiW 150 TC is one of Sigelei’s new temperature
control mods and is one of a kind with it’s newly designed unconventional look.
Sigelei 150W TC is available in two colors, silver and black. It comes with a
spring loaded pin. With a sub ohm range of 0.1ohm through 3.0ohm. Wattage from
10w to 150 as of now and has a max current of 35A (amp). Temperature control
range of 212-572 F. This product calls for two 18650 batteries.

IMG_1839.JPG
Sigelei-150W-Temp-Control-Box-Mod.png

fRK6o8i.jpg
15AYsfj.jpg
EXAFO6I.jpg
HsUUEFp.jpg

I did receive mine from ecigaretteempire.com for review.

These are my personal opinions of the device. I do really like it though.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I actually went and bought this device today. The one thing that I need to know is if anyone knows what the lowest ohm build that can be fired in Temp control mode (Joules). They have wattage, temp range and one list for .1 ohm to 3.0 ohm coils. I know a lot of tc devices show what resistance Ni can be run at also but have not found any info for this mod. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Vaping!!!!

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
I actually went and bought this device today. The one thing that I need to know is if anyone knows what the lowest ohm build that can be fired in Temp control mode (Joules). They have wattage, temp range and one list for .1 ohm to 3.0 ohm coils. I know a lot of tc devices show what resistance Ni can be run at also but have not found any info for this mod. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Vaping!!!!
Hey there @Ablonz it's the same as iPV3 Li .05 ohms

sceraxn

Sep 18, 2014
High Point, NC
How is the battery door working out....seems on a lot of the reviews the door seems to be the weakest link in that it seems to be rather loose.
I really like Sigelei products and I like the looks of this mod....but the door has me a little hesitant!

Thanks for any help!

I was wondering the same thing. I've been torn between this and the IPV4s. I know the 4s has problems with the door loosening over time and i've heard that the 150tc also has problems with a loose door.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I was wondering the same thing. I've been torn between this and the IPV4s. I know the 4s has problems with the door loosening over time and i've heard that the 150tc also has problems with a loose door.

I was not sold on the IPV4 but the IPV4s does have me intrigued.. I like Sigelei products but since Pioneer fixed the main issue I had with the V4..the unreadable screen.... I am seriously going to consider it over the Sig!!

sceraxn

Sep 18, 2014
High Point, NC
I'm in the same boat. Ive always been a Sig fan, but now that the 4s has a readable screen and no charging board to catch you on fire im seriously considering it.

Id really like to handle them both before making a decision though. The first ipv4 feels a little cheap, but i haven't been able to get my hands on the 150tc yet.

I would love to hear some unbiased opinions from someone who has experience with both of them.

Reactions: Redbellie

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I'm in the same boat. Ive always been a Sig fan, but now that the 4s has a readable screen and no charging board to catch you on fire im seriously considering it.

Id really like to handle them both before making a decision though. The first ipv4 feels a little cheap, but i haven't been able to get my hands on the 150tc yet.

I would love to hear some unbiased opinions from someone who has experience with both of them.

Yeah..I'm in a rural area and have no chance to handle any either of these so I'm at the mercy of Youtube and input from here and other boards...
I am thinking I'm going with the IPV4s as it is about $30 cheaper as I am not sure I'm even ready for TC yet...and I'm really looking to wait for the Taste Control using Kanthal wire to get off the ground and having some choices there...and that looks to be at least a few months before more choices are available.
I want to get into a dual 18650 mod with at least 75 watts and as cheap as possible because I'm going to be turning right around and spending another $100 or so in a few months on a more refined model....I do not really need the 200 watt models so that's not an issue....but there is some many mods out there and so many showing up every week.
Some trash and some very good...and I hate to spend money on trash!!

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I really can't comment about the sigelei. But I can reassure you that the ipv4s is really nice to hold very comfortable and for the money it's selling for at the moment it's untouchable

Thanks for the reply...that is good to hear.
I am not a fan of the shape angled box mods of which there seem to be so many out there...I like rounded, smooth edges and corners....and I like it to be large enough to fit my hands with out being to big....and the IPV4s looks to fit my needs just fine.
And the price is spot on for what I want it for...which is a bridge mod until they get the Taste Control mods for Kanthal refined and ready for prime time...maybe later this year or the first of next year!!
So...I think I'm sold on the IPV4s!!

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
I am using the Sigelei 150 as I type this. The door is a little loose but not enough to make it easily fall off. The included skin also helps out. I really enjoy it as I can use my subtank original and it does not over hang the edge. Also, I tried the cotton burn test @ 410 F and just the slightest brown tinge before tc kicked in and stopped it. Works wonderfully imo. I personally found the Sigelei 150 more comfortable to hold but everyone is different.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I am using the Sigelei 150 as I type this. The door is a little loose but not enough to make it easily fall off. The included skin also helps out. I really enjoy it as I can use my subtank original and it does not over hang the edge. Also, I tried the cotton burn test @ 410 F and just the slightest brown tinge before tc kicked in and stopped it. Works wonderfully imo. I personally found the Sigelei 150 more comfortable to hold but everyone is different.

Thanks for the input Ablonz...I do like the Sigelei products and the 150 seems to be right up there with the rest of them.

I was looking at a mod that is upgradable and the IPV4s is upgradaeble...but I do not see any mention in the specs for the 150 about it being upgradeable...is it not upgradeable?

Thanks!

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for the input Ablonz...I do like the Sigelei products and the 150 seems to be right up there with the rest of them.

I was looking at a mod that is upgradable and the IPV4s is upgradaeble...but I do not see any mention in the specs for the 150 about it being upgradeable...is it not upgradeable?

Thanks!
No mention of being upgradable and I don't see any plug ins for hookup to computer. I have the smoke m80 pro and it was supposed to be able to upgrade but with so many new devices showing up, it is like they do it for sales with no support. I'm not sure ipv4 are the same but who knows. Good luck with it, I am sure you would be happy with either.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
No mention of being upgradable and I don't see any plug ins for hookup to computer. I have the smoke m80 pro and it was supposed to be able to upgrade but with so many new devices showing up, it is like they do it for sales with no support. I'm not sure ipv4 are the same but who knows. Good luck with it, I am sure you would be happy with either.

Well with the speed at which these things are coming out its almost a moot point but for a savings of $15.00 I think I'm just going to go with the IVP4s and then move on to something else with the Taste Control later...
I have been seeing a lot of chatter about these folks releasing these mods unfinished/with glitches and then releasing a patch and that is why them make them upgradeable....and that makes sense...the computer industry has been doing it for years and its worked for them. So...I don't know if the upgradeable feature is worth it or not...but I'll error on the side of having it available if I do ever need it!!

Thanks for the response!!

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Well with the speed at which these things are coming out its almost a moot point but for a savings of $15.00 I think I'm just going to go with the IVP4s and then move on to something else with the Taste Control later...
I have been seeing a lot of chatter about these folks releasing these mods unfinished/with glitches and then releasing a patch and that is why them make them upgradeable....and that makes sense...the computer industry has been doing it for years and its worked for them. So...I don't know if the upgradeable feature is worth it or not...but I'll error on the side of having it available if I do ever need it!!

The whole firmware upgrade thing as a selling point is a bit overrated. The ipv4s doesn't have any firmware updates for it, and never will.

Can you elaborate on taste control I feel I'm missing something cos I've not heard of it. Thanks
It's what pbusardo called what the asolo mod does.

Last edited:

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
The whole firmware upgrade thing as a selling point is a bit overrated. The ipv4s doesn't have any firmware updates for it, and never will.

It's what pbusardo called what the asolo mod does.

True on the upgradeability of these devices but I have used upgrades on every piece of electronics I've owned in the last 15 years and its been nice...and I do see at some point it becoming more mainstream and needed as I do not see folks continuing to shell out 60/70/80 bucks every 3/4/6 months to get the mod with a new wrinkle. Heck I would even pay a small charge to get a firmware upgrade if it would keep me from having to buy a new mod every few months...but that's just me and my thoughts..

I do like this iJOY ASOLO...not so much this particular mod as it does have some issues...but I do like the fact that its addressing the use of Kanthal wire for some form of temp control to help prevent the dry/brunt hits. This is what I'm waiting to see develop in the next few months so that I can take a stab at it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I guess I don't understand why people feel they need to replace mods every time something new comes out. Does your previous mod work as intended? Why does it need replaced if the answer is yes? I sometimes buy new things because I want them, but I don't chuck my other mods in the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread