smokeless tobacco users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
I dip quite a bit and I'm looking to cut back and eventually quite. My mod is on its way out to the middle east to join me on my deployment. I was just curious if any smokeless tobacco users have gone to vaping and if the vape gave a sufficient oral fixation that u didnt mind not having a bottle. I have been a pretty heavy smoker in the past so it may be different from a dip only user. Just looking for insight and others experiences.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I switched to vaping but continued to dip at work for a few months. Then I started sneaking a vape every now and then at work to stop dipping. I always thought quitting dip was tougher than quitting smoking, but a nic hit every now and then got me over the hump. Been off cigs and dip for both for 6 months now, and don't miss either.

VaperGlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
KCMO
I dip quite a bit and I'm looking to cut back and eventually quite. My mod is on its way out to the middle east to join me on my deployment. I was just curious if any smokeless tobacco users have gone to vaping and if the vape gave a sufficient oral fixation that u didnt mind not having a bottle. I have been a pretty heavy smoker in the past so it may be different from a dip only user. Just looking for insight and others experiences.

I smoked for a long time and used Snus to quit smoking then I was getting sores around the areas where I kept the Snus. It was harder for me to quit the Snus as I wasn't using anything to supplement the nicotine. I fought and fought not to go back to smoking. One day I had some personal issues and decided to go get some smokes. I saw a Blu cig next to my brand of cigs so I got out the trusty smartphone and did some quick research and bought the Blu menthol instead. Lots more research and upgrades later I'm really glad I found Vaping. Sometimes I vape 0mg nic and sometimes 6mg, never more (unless it's a free 12 mg sample from MBV lol). Is it the best for me? Probably not but it's a hell of a lot better than cigs and dip!!!

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
I smoked for about 20 years, then dipped for about 3. After multiple times of attempting to quit tobacco all together, I switched to an ego cheapie thing I found at a local head shop. Fast forward a month, I have no desire to dip or smoke analogs, and my VTR is getting regular use daily. I think the trick for me was to keep my mods with me during the day, especially at work. Whenever I got an urge, I just reached for a vape.
I really do enjoy vaping much more than I ever did with smoking or dipping. Gluck!

beecherjeeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines
Went from Camel non-filters to Swedish Snus to vape. Took several months of using snus and vape to finally eliminate the snus. I think it was more of a security thing with the pouch under my lip. Vaped 36mg/ml nic juice to eliminate the snus. Always had a 510 cigalike in my pocket with high nic juice. Still carry the cigalike but use a VTR and evic at home. Use the evic to travel to avoid carrying extra batteries and charger. The cigalike is now the security blanket and is working very well. Take your time and use any combo that works. Thank you for your service to our country--you are a true hero.

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
Same route here. I was a smoker that switched to kodiak. I was up to a can every two days or so. Needed the nic!!! Lol. Anyways, I bought a cheapie eGo as well. Word of advice: if you can vape everywhere, then vape everywhere. I had my ecig in my mouth 24/7. Like a....well you get the point. 24ml/nic juice vaping all day long will give about the same nic hit as chewing all day long. The only reason I say vape as often as you can is because if you treat it as a "smoke break" tool, you'll just put a dip in while your our in the field.

Thread killa!

EatBacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Wherever the ARMY sends me
I was a can of Cope a day dipper and smoked while enjoying adult beverages. Been in the Army for 20 years and dipped since I came in. I started by replacing the cigs with vaping and then just decided to only vape and had a can of Cope if I needed a dip. Soon I found myself not needed the dip and have been vaping ever since. You will have experiment and see what works for you. I wish you all the luck, it is not easy but it's worth it.

I was a can of Cope a day dipper and smoked while enjoying adult beverages. Been in the Army for 20 years and dipped since I came in. I started by replacing the cigs with vaping and then just decided to only vape and had a can of Cope if I needed a dip. Soon I found myself not needed the dip and have been vaping ever since. You will have experiment and see what works for you. I wish you all the luck, it is not easy but it's worth it.

I do have to say, I have 2 cans of Cope in the freezer that have been there for 9 months, and all this talk of dipping is really giving me the urge to go grab one for old times sake.

Not worried about getting back on it though, it is literally impossible to get here in Thailand, and I love vaping too much now.

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Feel like i may have set myself up for failure. I ordered 0-6mg juices. I have a buddy here that has 24mg juice and says it doesnt need to be that strong. So i guess if the 6mg isnt cutting it i can always mix the two (6mg and 24mg) together untill i find a blend that works. Keeping my fingers crossed that the 6mg will be enough since i tend to chain vape when i do. Thanks for the encouragement and I keep everyone posted. Seems like I have a lip in at least 12-14 hours of the day :oops:

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Update:

So i have found my happy medium at 12mg-18mg. I havent had a dip for a few days but when i do it isnt in very long and i feel like it didnt need it afterwords. Really enjoying my vape, and all that this community has to offer. The support here is unreal and I have began to spread my experience and knowledge to new vapers and my fellow service members. thanks everyone for the support

Jonathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, KY
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming an affiliate type link
One and a half to two can a day dipper here. Still throw a pinch in every now and again. More a nostalgic thing. Country music and grizzly just go together. But the e cig get me through most days.

It's hard to listen to country and not tap a bottle along to the beat on my steering wheel.

Oh well. I am happy where I am now n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread