Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Sometimes I like to take a dry General Mini Mint snus porton and soak it in Creme de Cocoa before putting it in place. Kinda tastes like a Pepperment Pattie.

Pipe tobacco that has dried to dust is revived much the same way he demonstrates, using water or a slice of apple. I've also sprayed dry tobacco with vegetable glycerine to get its moisture back up.

laughterhouse

Aug 5, 2009
USA
Just posting to provide an alternate opinion the the OP. I almost exclusively use the wet portions. I also avoid ones with strong artificial flavorings like Catch Eucalyptus and General Wintergreen as they overpower the tobacco flavor (I use tobacco to taste tobacco!). My favorites are General (regular) Nick & Johnny, and Claq Qui. I reccomend new snus users try a combination of traditional snus and newer flavored snus, as well as a mix of original pouches and dry (white) pouches. Just don't take the OP's statement that wet portions are terrible as fact.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Wet portions need refrigeration; dry white portions do not. They all taste better cold, though.

Each to their own, laughterhouse. I've used both, a lot. Putting a wet portion in place is like borrowing a snus from another user's mouth to me. As for tobacco taste, again, that's an individual matter. I always state what something is "to me." Pure tobacco is bitter. Look it up. Flavors and menthols help mask that fact.

That burn and bitterness of your favorites will turn off many first-time snusers, and I'd hate that.

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
Tropical Bob -

Just wanted to let you know that you've got another convert. After reading a lot of your posts both here and on the Snuson forum, I picked up a tin of Camel Mellow. Pretty good stuff! I did get a couple cases of hiccups, but they didn't last long.

Not sure if I'll stick with it, but thanks for the heads up and all the info.

TC

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Denec: A good first snus is the General Mini Mint (it used to be CatchDry but has changed names now). You have the Camel Frost, no doubt. There is another Camel, called Mellow. And that price is sky-high! Must be just New York. They are usually priced about $4.75 -- and that's too expensive given the 15 quantity. Swedish snus is 20 to 24 per tin, and often under $4. Check out Northerner or BuySnus or GetSnus. Delivery takes only about 5 days.

The nicotine in snus does not hit as it does from a cigarette. You are absorbing, not inhaling, the stuff. But it's very much there. Camel says it has 8mg of nicotine. General Mini has about 4mg, and it's fine with me. You can get minis as strong as 12mg. Read the sales sites.

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
ok after using this twice...my thoughts on camel snus:

very strong menthol taste...but i feel no nicotine hit how much nicotine is suppose to be in it

can someone recommend another brand that tastes good but not so overpowering but a stronger nicotine?
there are mini portions, large portions, max. portion snus...maybe ur camel snus are the minis...but i am not a snuser, so i guess wait for tropicalbob or somebody else who knows...

update: nvm, looks like others responded now :)

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yes, and you want mini white pouches. The "white" are dry and will absorb VG better. The mini is the only size you'll get into an e-cig cart (a regular portion might fit an e-cigar cart). The all-round favorite newbie snus is the General Mimi Mint. You can buy them in some locations in America, but order them easily from Sweden.

Did everyone see that Nhaler has 60mg liquid for DYI applications? 60mg!!! I'm thinking I might get some and put a single drop into the pool of VG in a spoon, before dropping in a snus. That way, I'd have a better idea that I was getting nicotine in the vapor. At present, I get great flavor from the snus, but an unknown amount of nicotine. I think I could do the math and get an idea how much a drop of 60mg would yield over the life of a single snus.

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
Yes, and you want mini white pouches. The "white" are dry and will absorb VG better. The mini is the only size you'll get into an e-cig cart (a regular portion might fit an e-cigar cart). The all-round favorite newbie snus is the General Mimi Mint. You can buy them in some locations in America, but order them easily from Sweden.

Did everyone see that Nhaler has 60mg liquid for DYI applications? 60mg!!! I'm thinking I might get some and put a single drop into the pool of VG in a spoon, before dropping in a snus. That way, I'd have a better idea that I was getting nicotine in the vapor. At present, I get great flavor from the snus, but an unknown amount of nicotine. I think I could do the math and get an idea how much a drop of 60mg would yield over the life of a single snus.
hey bob, whats ur opinion on the diff. between the camels and the USA camels...btw, where are the other camels from, sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread