Status
Not open for further replies.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
ok....i decided to venture into snus because vaping is not 100% satisfying to me.....i love vaping but its missing something. must be the additional chemicals in cigarettes that leveled me out

so i decided to try camel snus frost...first time i tried it...i thought my upper lip was burning so i took it out after a few minutes. next day..i tried it again....since i knew what to expect...it was a bit more bearable....any satisfying.

im on day 4 of using camel snus frost.....using 3 to 4 a day for the past 3 days while vaping...im liking it alot. every once in awhile...i guess i may have squeezed the pouch a bit hard that the juice almost made me gag and feel weazy.

now the questions....ive gathered some info reading the threads here...so if i misiterpreted anything...let me know.

is it safe to keep it in your mouth longer than the recommended 30 minutes? i ask because the longer i keep it in...the better it tastes till the flavor just fades...usually about an hour.

i would like to venture into the swedish snus because from reading threads the swedish snus is much better by opinion. i know taste is subjective but i like the taste of camel frost so is there a swedish snus that taste exact or similar? i also purchased the camel mellow...i will try it tomorrow.

i like to occasionaly lick the pouch with the tip of my tounge...i enjoy the taste...is it ok to do that? is it harmful?

how many pouches a day is normal? i dont want to over do it.

how long is the snus good for once the tin has been opened? i ask because now on day 4 i have 2 packets left and they seem dry

should i keep the snus in a fridge as much as possible? does that help keep it moist?

thanks in advance :)

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
is it safe to keep it in your mouth longer than the recommended 30 minutes? i ask because the longer i keep it in...the better it tastes till the flavor just fades...usually about an hour.

i would like to venture into the swedish snus because from reading threads the swedish snus is much better by opinion. i know taste is subjective but i like the taste of camel frost so is there a swedish snus that taste exact or similar? i also purchased the camel mellow...i will try it tomorrow.

i like to occasionaly lick the pouch with the tip of my tounge...i enjoy the taste...is it ok to do that? is it harmful?

how many pouches a day is normal? i dont want to over do it.

how long is the snus good for once the tin has been opened? i ask because now on day 4 i have 2 packets left and they seem dry

should i keep the snus in a fridge as much as possible? does that help keep it moist?

thanks in advance :)

I'll try to get to a few of your questions.

Yes, it is safe to keep it in longer then 30 minutes. I normally leave a portion in from 1 to 2 hours. Depends on the flavor.

Licking is okay. Lick it, suck it, whatever to get a bit more flavor out of it. I'm always giving snus a little swipe with the tongue, mmm good.

Yes, keeping it in the fridge will keep in fresher but no reason to get fanatical about it. Snus can dry out once the can is open. I normally take out enough for going out in a separate can and keep the rest in the fridge. They can dry out some but it's still good, especially the whites (camel is considered a white) as there on the dry side to begin with.

Use as many portions as you need to keep the demons at bay. Depends on how much you smoked and what your nicotine tolerance is. Some here are chain snusing extra strong while others are doing just a few minis a day. Something you'll have to work out.

I'll leave the taste up to others as I'm not into anything frost and mostly into traditional snus flavors, as in plain tobacco and bergamot. No doubt others will show up with some assistance on that. The Swedish snus will not the socks off camel. Even the minis have a better hit.

Last edited:

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
thanks for the post Stubby.

i am swiping the snus with my tounge like you said you do...i guess it must be a natural reaction to do so.

since starting snus...im vaping half of what i used to do. i find snus calming and vaping relaxing right now. its great to have the best of both worlds :)

i was always turned off by snus because i always thought all snus was loose..not in packets till i saw a camel snus display and saw it was in a pouch. i love the fact that you dont have to spit with packets and it doesnt make a mess.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Hi asidrave, glad to see you here. I had the same objections to snus before I tried it. I was a cigarette loving smoker and I only wanted to replace it with a PV. Didn't work out too well. I started with the Camel, but couldn't take the sweetness, switched to Marlboro and started to realize the benefits, ordered my first Swedish and everything changed. I can't imagine using anything else. They did me so well in the satisfaction department I even shucked the PV. That sample you're getting will include General Mini Mints. I think you'll take to those pretty well. They're only 4 mg nic, but like Stubby says, they blow away Camel in the "something's missing" category. Go through the sampler and post about what you like and didn't like and from there we'll jump in with some recommendations, so you can spend your hard-earned moola on best bang for the buck....and welcome to the other side of the tracks :).

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Thanks TV :)

i will post my findings on the sampler when i receive and try them

the last thing i want to do is buy lots of cans and only like a few and have the rest goto waste.

asidrave, I know what you mean about buying a lot of cans and not knowing if you'll like them. My first purchase was one or two cans of many different snus's. That helped me narrow down my flavor preferences. I also got lucky because it seems that Stubby and TV have similar tastes as mine. Their suggestions were spot on for me. (thanks guys)

I started a snus review thread, hopefully we have a lot of responses to help you get some idea's.

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
Right now, my usual rotation is Ettan and Grovsnus, both regular portion, and General White Mint. I usually have a tin of each in my bag. The Ettan and Grov are what most seem to consider the "classic" snus flavor and GWM is just plain yummy. Sometimes I want something with a "sweeter" taste, I have a package of Discreet peach that hits the spot. I had alot of burning at first as well, but that went away over time and I barely notice anything now except sweet, sweet satisfaction. :thumb:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Right now, my usual rotation is Ettan and Grovsnus, both regular portion, and General White Mint.

Good to see another Ettan and Grovsnus fan. Both are at the top of my go to list. If you like those two you may want to try Roda Lacket. It has become another go to snus for me. Nice smooth tobacco taste but with a kind of date, raisin taste to it. Very nice indeed.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
I tried the General sampler from GetSnus.com, and of all the types, I found I liked the General Wintergreen Portion the best. Any reco's for something with a bit more nico punch, while keeping the portion size and similar flavor (maybe just a bit milder even)? Or maybe just a couple good brands to start with (keeping with the portion size, and something minty...absolutely hated the General Original, tasted like an old stale gym sock)?

Last edited by a moderator:

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Hi Blaze....well, you might consider Thunder Wintergreen. Not a wintergreen fan, myself, but I'm a mega-user of Thunder Frosted (light spearmint) and Thunder Berry Blend (sorta strawberry-ish and a little bitter). Thunder portions (16mg) are double the nicotine of what you're currently using (8mg). And for a potent mini portion, Thunder has Frosted Mini's. They have 8mg nic, like most regular portions, but are mini-sized and very discrete. Hope that helps a little :).

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
hey TV.....im liking general dry mini mint from the general foil sampler..has a very similar taste to the camel frost that i like...not as sweet but good.

does thunder frost have a similar taste to camel frost?

Nope, Thunder Frosted doesn't really have sweetness. Hard to imagine spearmint that's not sweet, but...... It's on my "A" list. Just mild spearmint that, other that a bit of freshness, is non-intrusive. I like to think of it as manna :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread