so...im new here...just saying hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
well basically i just signed up and was cruising through the rules and seen this new member section and i noticed the first thread was that new members must post 5 times in new member forum before one can post anywhere else....so i decided my first post would be to introduce myself and mention my setups.

My name is Danny, anyone can address me as Danny or my username. Im 31 with 3 daughters so my hands are full lol. I have actually been vaping for about a year now and this whole "Scene" just caught me by surprise and sucked me into a world that i do not ever want to leave. Not to mention the healthier lifestyle that i otherwise would not have experienced. Mainly vaping. i never really was a cigarette smoke (maybe every now and then) but my product of choice where the infamous black and milds. But that is long gone now. When i started vaping i was going back and forth between Blacks and Vaping but on January 14th, 2013, i made the jump to 100% vape and never looked back. I started out with the 24 mg of nicotine, but now im at about 8-10mg. I dont know how much lower i go until i cut the nicotine out or if it will ever happen. But vaping has now become more of hobby for me. I enjoy tinkering around with my RBA's as by natural im sort of a hands on do it yourself kind of guy anyways. ... but sorry to bore you all.. time for the good stuff.

the mods i currently have are: Evic ( however just last week my head fried, i have no idea how because i have never dropped it, but it was making this low ringing noise and became really hot and pretty much fried). A Lava Tube and a Ego-v that is pretty much the one i use while on the go.

as far as RBA's go, I have a AGA-T2 running on dual SSM putting out about 1.3OHMs on 29 gauge kanthal, Odyseuss clone (finally got a sweet set up) , a Saturn Venus , which is pretty much the vision eternity ( but who am i educating im the new guy here lol) , a Vivi nova vision, some kind of tank cartomizer ( idk the brand but 2 of them came with my lava tube) and a few CE4's and 5's.

as far as my rebuilding toolbox lol, i got SS mesh, some silica wicks (2mm and 1.5mm) and 3 rolls of kanthal (29, 32, and 34).

the reason i have these different sizes was due to trial and error and not knowing at first how to get a proper set up. suprisingly i use them all, it just depends on what device im using them on. . . however 32 is my goto gauge of choice.

anyways, this community seems really friendly. Every time i searched in google on how to do this or that i found myself clicking the links to this forum. So finally i manned up and stopped being lazy i joined. here i am.

Danny

sorry for the incredibly long post.... not a bad job for my first one though.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Welcome Danny! Good to have you here - not a bad job for a first post at all! I found ECF in exactly the same way. Being part of the community is so much better than being a wall flower!

How are you finding the Odysseus clone? Do you use it in its dripping mode or with a tank? I'm waiting on an eBaron Spiral (another res/no res wire setup) - and I'm very interested to see how it compares to the Vision Eternity.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

JJ

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
Welcome Danny! Good to have you here - not a bad job for a first post at all! I found ECF in exactly the same way. Being part of the community is so much better than being a wall flower!

How are you finding the Odysseus clone? Do you use it in its dripping mode or with a tank? I'm waiting on an eBaron Spiral (another res/no res wire setup) - and I'm very interested to see how it compares to the Vision Eternity.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

JJ

Thanks jSquared, im really digging it so far. as for the Odysseus, im using it in tank mode. When i first bought it, it was already preassembled by the vendor...but when it came time to rebuild, i almost hated it lol. gurgling, leaking and minimal vapor production. However i knew it was something i was doing wrong so with time and patience i figured it out and got a nice little set up going. You are right, being apart of the community is better than wall watching lol.

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
lol thank you gootenbeez. i can assure you most of what i know came from mostly this site, or the same members who posts how to's and reviews on youtube. the best way to learn is to get you hands dirty and DIY. but hey, u may know some things that i dont know. and besides we are all family in the vaping world.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
as for the Odysseus, im using it in tank mode. When i first bought it, it was already preassembled by the vendor...but when it came time to rebuild, i almost hated it lol. gurgling, leaking and minimal vapor production. However i knew it was something i was doing wrong so with time and patience i figured it out and got a nice little set up going

Haha! I'm expecting a bit of a learning curve with the eBaron, too! Never wrapped res/no res wire before! I'll let you know how I get on!

JJ

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
@ spegtoast - lol on of my buddies at work has been getting curious about vaping ( i have already converted 2 people ) and he bought a Blu from a gas station. Obviously he didnt like it. im trying to get him to get a legitimate set up...but after trying the blu he is convinced they are all the same..smh

@JJ i just googled the eBaron.... have fun with that... let us know how it goes... im sure you would anyways lol

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you! :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!! :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
@ spegtoast - lol on of my buddies at work has been getting curious about vaping ( i have already converted 2 people ) and he bought a Blu from a gas station. Obviously he didnt like it. im trying to get him to get a legitimate set up...but after trying the blu he is convinced they are all the same..smh

@JJ i just googled the eBaron.... have fun with that... let us know how it goes... im sure you would anyways lol

Send him a link to ECF and tell him to ask about the blu and how dissatisfied he was with it. We will eat that up here! He will be converted in no time..

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Welcome Danny. I'm very new to forum, though I did sign up in February. Like you, I did finally discover that I needed to make 5 posts, then another 15 to become verified, which I'm working on now. Does sound like you already know a lot about vaping already, and you are a more advanced user than I am. There's certainly more information here than I will ever get through, but I am enjoying the ECF and I am starting to feel a little like a part of the community. Since my wife now vapes I'm not alone anymore, but she knows less than I do, and I don't know a lot yet. Like you, I also review YouTube Videos and reviews and am learning. I'm just so glad to be off analogs now for 5 months and do so very much love vaping. I seem to be constantly buying, experimenting, and sometimes finding what works best for me. Anyway, lovin' the journey. Nice to meet you Danny.

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
Send him a link to ECF and tell him to ask about the blu and how dissatisfied he was with it. We will eat that up here! He will be converted in no time..

LOL! i just might do that.... i almost wanted to get him a little ego starter kit to get him on the right path.... dude is a super chain smoker

Tom Drake

Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Australia
Hello and welcome Danny! That is a great 1st post - I am very new to this community too - it really is a terrific and positive forum where we can share thoughts and ideas, and have our many questions (no doubt quite *newbie* and dumb? Well, mine anyway) answered in a fair and 'non-judgemental' way (unusual on the internet these days I think!)
Hope you continue to enjoy your Vaping journey, and good luck with all those girls in your life!
3 daughters - WOW quite a handful of trouble and challenges there for sure... no wonder you need a quiet Vape every now and then?!
Cheers, Tom

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
Welcome Danny. I'm very new to forum, though I did sign up in February. Like you, I did finally discover that I needed to make 5 posts, then another 15 to become verified, which I'm working on now. Does sound like you already know a lot about vaping already, and you are a more advanced user than I am. There's certainly more information here than I will ever get through, but I am enjoying the ECF and I am starting to feel a little like a part of the community. Since my wife now vapes I'm not alone anymore, but she knows less than I do, and I don't know a lot yet. Like you, I also review YouTube Videos and reviews and am learning. I'm just so glad to be off analogs now for 5 months and do so very much love vaping. I seem to be constantly buying, experimenting, and sometimes finding what works best for me. Anyway, lovin' the journey. Nice to meet you Danny.

nice to meet you too billbeckusa. i have always been a hands on type person. Once i found out about rebuilding it made me more excited to absorb all i could.. i should probably slow down before i go in to overload mode. Even at work you could almost say i am the "e-cig" ambassador. People are constantly asking me about what i have for hanging on my neck ( and yet i have a lanyard for the evic/lava tube). my neck muscles are humongous now lol. I felt i needed to join as i from all the wall watching i did i felt like the kid at a party not sure if i really wanted to go in but peeked in the window and noticed all the fun and i couldnt resist it... as a matter of fact.. since joining @ about 1am.... i havent left the site..... its 7 am now lol... i need to go to bed ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread