So when are you going to quit that e-cig thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Back a couple years ago I drank and smoked. I quit both. I deserve at least one vice, and should I call it a vice? A vice to me, my definition is something that is enjoyable but has a negative impact to one's life. To me vaping is positive. Not only for the benefits of not smoking but for the social benefits, talking to you guys on this forum.

I moved here to San Antonio a few years back with my family. My wife is from here and I was layed off from my job so I came here for work. I haven't really met many people that I would consider friends. I just haven't clicked with anyone I guess like I did in other places I've lived. So it's great talking with you guys about this neat hobby and I consider you guys friends and even family at times.

Another reason I enjoy vaping is that I consider it calming. I suffer from anxiety from time to time and vaping does help quite a bit. Even the ritual of building a coil, or even doing research on a new mod or juice delivery device helps me.

On the subject of building a coil, it gives me a great sense of pride of doing it myself. A bit of self confidence as well. This also is true with making my own juice. Right now I'm at 12mg I may go down to 4 one day. I don't see myself going down to 0. To me that would be like drinking non alcoholic beer. What's the point?

Last edited:

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Back a couple years ago I drank and smoked. I quit both. I deserve at least one vice, and should I call it a vice? A vice to me, my definition is something that is enjoyable but has a negative impact to one's life. To me vaping is positive. Not only for the benefits of not smoking but for the social benefits, talking to you guys on this forum.

I moved here to San Antonio a few years back with my family. My wife is from here and I was layed off from my job so I came here for work. I haven't really met many people that I would consider friends. I just haven't clicked with anyone I guess like I did in other places I've lived. So it's great talking with you guys about this neat hobby and I consider you guys friends and even family at times.

Another reason I enjoy vaping is that I consider it calming. I suffer from anxiety from time to time and vaping does help quite a bit. Even the ritual of building a coil, or even doing research on a new mod or juice delivery device helps me.

On the subject of building a coil, it gives me a great sense of pride of doing it myself. A bit of self confidence as well. This also is true with making my own juice. Right now I'm at 12mg I may go down to 4 one day. I don't see myself going down to 0. To me that would be like drinking non alcoholic beer. What's the point?

Making your own juice you can lower your juice a tiny bit at a time... Hello, from seguin

TLS01

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
MN
The Death Hat
A play

Me: You know that hat I have been wearing for the last few decades?
Friend: Yes. The Death Hat. The hat that causes cancer, right?
Me: Right. Well I finally stopped wearing it.
Friend: That's great news! I thought you would never stop wearing that thing.
Me: Now I wear another hat. It looks and feels like the old hat but it's not killing me.
Friend: Oh. So how long do you have to keep wearing the new hat?
Me: As long as I feel like wearing a hat.

The end.

I believe that would be a reasonable and fair analogy. :D

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I moved here to San Antonio a few years back with my family. My wife is from here and I was layed off from my job so I came here for work. I haven't really met many people that I would consider friends. I just haven't clicked with anyone I guess like I did in other places I've lived.

Off topic, but weird, because I moved here to San Antonio in 2007, and have much the same experience. I just haven't connected with anyone. Not sure what it is.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well now, I've been vaping since 2008 and really can't see me stopping. It keeps me happy :) When vaping out and about you do sometimes get people saying things like "You should give that up too" and "You haven't really stopped smoking if you do that". Never mind - they are simply ill-informed and bad mannered. There's a funny characteristic in some people that makes them disapprove of other people enjoying themselves in ways that they don't employ themselves. It wouldn't do for us to all be the same, however. Live and let live! Vape on!

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Well now, I've been vaping since 2008 and really can't see me stopping. It keeps me happy :) When vaping out and about you do sometimes get people saying things like "You should give that up too" and "You haven't really stopped smoking if you do that". Never mind - they are simply ill-informed and bad mannered. There's a funny characteristic in some people that makes them disapprove of other people enjoying themselves in ways that they don't employ themselves. It wouldn't do for us to all be the same, however. Live and let live! Vape on!

Okay, it's confession time. I'm a little old lady and usually very sweet and mild-mannered. But the last time (of many) a big fat smoke nazi said as he passed me, "That's bad for you. You should give that up," I stepped in front of him, opened my eyes as wide as I could [wild-eyed stare], smiled [crazy $-eating grin] looked him in the eye, and said "And you should give up making comments like that to strangers, cause you never know how they'll react. They might even want to hurt you!" Afterward, I was appalled at my behavior, but that didn't stop me from doing a happy dance in my head...

JimMitchell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Smoked for over 40 years... 3+ packs a day for the last (too many to count) of those...

Been vaping for over 3 1/2 years and have no intention of quiting...

To steal a line from Drew, "I vape like a lab rat!"

I tapered down to 0 mg for a time, but stress got me jonesing for a cigarette and I kicked the nic back up to 18mg for awhile.
Back down to 9 - 12 now. I may eventually go lower, but then again maybe not...
I've found that a certain amount of nicotine in my system keeps the screaming INSIDE my head :)

Well, most of the time! :D

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
Okay, it's confession time. I'm a little old lady and usually very sweet and mild-mannered. But the last time (of many) a big fat smoke nazi said as he passed me, "That's bad for you. You should give that up," I stepped in front of him, opened my eyes as wide as I could [wild-eyed stare], smiled [crazy $-eating grin] looked him in the eye, and said "And you should give up making comments like that to strangers, cause you never know how they'll react. They might even want to hurt you!" Afterward, I was appalled at my behavior, but that didn't stop me from doing a happy dance in my head...

I would love to have seen that.

I'm not calling you a liar AgentAnia, but I still can't imagine you as a crazy little old lady from the way you write. I guess I'm just going to have to take your word for it.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Ha ha. Im getting old too. My first thought was And when are you going to start minding your own business? Only two benefits to getting old. Not giving a damn and not giving a damn!

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
, but I still can't imagine you as a crazy little old lady from the way you write. I guess I'm just going to have to take your word for it.

Yes, I am living proof that vaping has gone mainstream. Even little old ladies (the initials of which are "LOL"... lol!) are doing it! Too bad there's no smilie of a LOL doing a happy dance... :laugh:

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC

I love this I love this I love this!!!!!!!! :wub:

I want to be you when I grow up!!

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA

Oh I would have loved to been there for that. You should throw in an eye twitch. LOL!

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
I've found that a certain amount of nicotine in my system keeps the screaming INSIDE my head :)

Yes Jim, I call that the demon. I would be real nasty whenever I tried quitting smoking. The nic in my e-cigs keeps that demon subdued. Maybe one day I'll have lowered the nic enough (I plan to) so that demon says "Screw it! I'm outa here!". :)

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I tapered down to 0 mg for a time, but stress got me jonesing for a cigarette and I kicked the nic back up to 18mg for awhile.
Back down to 9 - 12 now. I may eventually go lower, but then again maybe not...

Heh! I am down to 10mg-ish, mostly because on the higher nics I can't vape as much as I want. I want a low enough nic that I can chain vape from sunup to late night if I please. I may try the 6-8 range soon. I have no prob with staying on some degree of nicotine forever, myself. I love my coffee/caffeine as well, and don't intend to give it up either.

mmrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
michigan, usa
great responses!

this all started after i had a family BBQ the other day, and for the millionth time i explained what an e-cig was, and for the millionth time i heard the same things. lol

my mom and dad use to smoke. they quit about 10 or 12 years ago. my mom is the kind of ex-smoker that could care less if people smoke or not. my dad, on the other hand, is the kind of ex-smoker who hates smoking, or anything even remotely related to smoking.

i've been vaping for about a year now, and when i first started, they were all supportive, praising me for quitting smoking... then as time wore on, they started asking me when am i going to quit the e-cig thing now. i've explained to them many times that i like vaping and i don't plan on quitting that. but they don't get it. lol

and my sister is a hard corp smoker like i use to be, saying, "i'm never quitting smoking!!" so i tell her she'll be changing her tune when she can't breathe and ends up on an oxygen tank. i tell her about all the great flavors she could be doing with vaping and how much healthier it is than smoking and how much fun it is to try new things... but she always says, " i hate trying new things. smoking is great!" (she'll be sorry later. i know)

then the whole time, she gives me strange looks everytime she sees me vaping, like i'm from mars or something. lol

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
and my sister is a hard corp smoker like i use to be, saying, "i'm never quitting smoking!!" so i tell her she'll be changing her tune when she can't breathe and ends up on an oxygen tank. i tell her about all the great flavors she could be doing with vaping and how much healthier it is than smoking and how much fun it is to try new things... but she always says, " i hate trying new things. smoking is great!" (she'll be sorry later. i know)

then the whole time, she gives me strange looks everytime she sees me vaping, like i'm from mars or something. lol

They don't make oxygen tanks with all these good flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread