Some noob questions for the lot about DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue300

Dec 24, 2015
Hey!

I'm about to order my first DIY kit and I was wondering some things about it all..

1) Pure nicotine is hard to come by here, so I've looked at pg, vg with pre-blended nicotine and y first question is if either is better, lasts longer with the nicotine or will either one do?

2) If I use a pg with 32mg/100mg nocotine per ml, do i cout for a 80/20 VG/PG blend of about 15ml 20% of the nicotine value? like 6,4mg with the 32mg and 20mg with the 100mg?

And if you might have any tips and tricks for someone just starting in DIY feel free to give some, everything is welcome :)

I will be vaping with a TFV4 (triple coil atm but usually go with quad) on a xcube 2

Reactions: man00ver

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Welcome, Blue300!

You don't want to be messing with pure nicotine anyway. A 10% solution (100mL/mg) is the commonly-used high concentrate. Getting it in a PG base makes it easier to work with when pulling up small amounts in a syringe.

You'll want a good e-liquid calculator to start mixing with. I like this one. I use percentages and mL for the calculations, then graduated cylinders and syringes for measuring.

Let the calculator guide you on amounts. You'll most likely be treating your flavorings as PG for ratio purposes, unless you've gotten special flavorings in VG base, or super-concentrates (which are treated as null for ratio purposes).

Tip: It makes things easier if you warm up your VG in a hot water bath beforehand. It won't be as viscous, and will measure and mix better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread