time for to finally save some money...about to make first diy purchase need little help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey all,

vaping 5 years and been giving my thousands of dollars to china and to overpriced usa vendors. Time to finally save some money and get with the right community-DIY !....I have to place an order relatively quick as I'm very low on juice...I do vape alot of elquid a day.

I will read the stickies and stuff but for now. I am just going to do a one flavor mix. Last month I did the EZ-DIY where I bought the nicotine premixed with the percent pg/vg I wanted. I vape 32mg so I just bought 36 mg 50/50 pg/vg and added 10 percent flavoring (which was week) and ended up close to 32mg.

Now I want to go 100% DIY. I looked at wizard labs. seems like great prices for nic and pg or vg. I was going to order the 100mg/120ml nicotine they had. It comes in a base of 100 percent vg or pg. Do you get a slightly better deal the higher percent of nicotine you order?

And for flavoring. I was going to bump up to 15-20 percent. My question is, is there a calculator that will tell me how much of what to add. Lets say I just wanted 1 flavor of 32mg of nicotine and I bought the 100mg/ml of nicotine in 100% base of PG. thats whats throwing me off. What does the base tell you? for every 1 ml of liquid I will get 100mg of nicotine but how much PG will I be getting in that 1 ml of liquid? does that make sense?

Im going to probably stay with the flavoring im use to for now as they do sell concentrate but if anyone knows a good site for flavorings please let me know. Ill spend alot of time in this section just want to least get an order out tomorrow.

The price difference is insane! 1 100ml bottle of 100mg of nicotine should be able to produce me close to 300 ml of 32mg nicotine solution. I just would need the appropriate amounts of PG and VG and flavoring concentrate. wow, the markup on premade stuff is insane. Is there anything else I should buy besides the nicotine, pg/vg, and flavoring, some empty bottles and ml syringes??

any help would be so appreciated. I am going to read what I can in this section now so I can get this order in. I paid my dues for 5 years and money is very tight now and I would love to continue to vape as well as eventually explore new flavorings and advanced techniques.:)

thank you so much. And I apologize for this thread as I really should do my research first. But I thought I had more ejuice left than I do.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Careful bumping up the flavoring percentage too much. Different flavors and different manufacturers will vary the amounts needed for optimum flavor.

There's a few threads around in DIY that give recommended percentages for flavorings dependent on flavor and manufacturer. Start low and work up slowly to the flavor you like. It's easier to add a touch more than trying to dilute an over flavored juice.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Head in clouds - thanks for that tip - i rather work with lower nic anyways i just assumed the 100mg was overall cheaper cause the damn e cig vendors have it that way - (well some do).

Thanks for calc link dammyv45. Gonna look at it now.

Cant wait to join this side of the fence. I support vendors making good product with time money and energy selling at a fair profit. Too many others gauging.

Last edited:

Zach904

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Jax, Fl
Be sure to order 60 bucks worth of stuff for the free shipping at wizard lab.. I went ahead and made it my one stop shop to get me started in diy.. bought the nicotine, flavors, all the bottles (amber, cobalt blue etc) syringes, needles... everything I needed there. total bill was 61 bucks before tax, just enough for that free shipping :D

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I just started down this road as well I ordered 1 gallon of PG 1 gallon of VG from essential depot for 54.49 shipped and 500ML of 100MG nicotine from Nude Nicotine for about $66 shipped using the coupon code ChemistryIsKey10 good till the 15th of March. I like the concentrates they make as well and 5% or less is needed so they make a lot (I got 2 five flavor sample packs in 5ML size for $44 and it did not increase shipping costs). For dark bottles and droppers, your best bet would be http://packagingoptionsdirect.com $25 gets me 3 dozen cobalt galss bottle with tops and/or drippers delivered as well. Good luck,,,have fun and double check all your %'s in ejuicemeup (My first batch ended up being 125ML because I missed the 20% default in flavorings...good thing I love the flavor)

Nude Nicotine also sells DIY starter kits that come with gloves,eye protection, beakers, nic,PG and VG ect as well...the $50 Basic kit was my first ever DIY.

Last edited:

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Zach - yeah wizard labs looks cool - stumbled across them for nic and pg n vg - thats alot of stuff to get to 61 bucks from them but thx for tip i will tank into account

Thanks for support kj - i'm sure ill make my fair share of mistakes. Its kinda perfect timing as i dont have a favorite premade ejuice at all at the moment. The clouds habe aligned and its time to vape on - i go through alot of ejuice on the reo especially at low ohms 10-20ml a day - time to diy ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread