Some questions about Vivi Nova Clearomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacSabbath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Scotland
Decided to go ahead and get an eGo Spinner and a couple of Vivi Nova 3.5ml clearomizers.

I have a few questions.

How long do these Vivi Nova's last?

People mention replacing the heads. Do they wear quickly?

What are the differences between wick lengths? How long do the wicks last and how often to you need to replace them?

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
Hi MacSabbath. I've been using mini vivi novas for weeks now and I have thorougly enjoyed them. They work great for me, reliable and dependable. I tend to use a wick for about a week maybe 10 days. I dry burn every day though. Actually I could probably go even longer than 10 days but that's where I'm comfortable with them. Other folksl go a lot longer before they change wicks. It's a personal preference.

I've used both short wicks and long wicks, it seems they are coming in just long wicks now. Maybe that is so folks can cut them if they want to. My 3.2 ohms have one thicker wick the others have 4 smaller wicks on each side. Both work fine for me. I never had any problems with short wicks either. I just keep mine long though.

As far as the rest of the vivi nova, the tubes should last a very long time, that metal part too. I did have a metal post that went crooked on me..couldn't figure it other than I was bracing the juice bottle against the side and bent it that way. I haven't had a problem since then.

Enjoy those Vivi Novas!

Paulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
I agree with lightseeker; however I dry burn mine about every 3rd or 4th fill-up. Been using these things and the Vision Clearomizers since they first came out. I dropped one and busted the plastic part; and one of the metal things bent when I sat down with one in my back pocket!

I recoil and rewick them maybe every two weeks, but I always have at least 3 on the go.

Shortass_Jr

Jan 6, 2013
Melbourne
Viva Novas are very good to use not the best flavour but i think the convenience is the best.. i do find the attys dont last all that long depending on what juice you use..... clear juice i find my atty dose not get blocked at quickly but the juice thats darker and thicker so to speak blocks it quicker but who cares attys cost nothing buy a stack of them and replace when needed!!!! thats what i do!

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I've been playing with them a bit and replacing the heads is good but rebuilding is even better. I've been using 3mm Silica wick (same as I use in my Ody and Pennie) with a 30awg Kanthal coil. Definitely improves the flavor and a rebuild costs pennies. ~$0.03 for 3 in of wire + $0.18 for 3 in silca = $0.20/rebuild (~$6/75 ft wire - eBay, $11.25/15 ft silica - COV).

As an FYI I'm wrapping 1.5ohm coils. If I wanted higher resistance I'd use 32 awg Kanthal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_b-uUKVJg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread