Newbie Vivi Nova question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirstyinthedesert

Apr 4, 2013
USA
I'm hoping somebody can help me with three basic vivi nova questions.

1. I filled up my tank with a juice I do not like. Now, do I have to clean out the entire tank before I put another juice in?
2. I watched a video on how to clean a vivi nova. How often do I clean the vivi nova and the wicks?
3. With regualr cleaning, how long should the vivi nova and the three wicks that came with the kit last?

I'm using an eGo C 650 battery

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago, and love vaping. However, I think going from a 510 atty to a vivi nova was too big of a "leap", as I enjoy tasting different juices. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! Thanks for any tips and advice!

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
1. You don't have to, but for best results I would. You'll taste the juice you don't like if you don't since it's soaked into the wicks.

2. I clean mine after every couple of tanks, but some people don't clean that often. When the vapor and flavor start diminishing, you know it needs cleaned, I just don't wait till then. ymmv

3. I have 3 Vivi Novas that I bought 9 or 10 months ago, they are all still working fine. All my original heads are still in use too, but I rebuild them. How long the heads will last, without replacing or rebuilding, will depend on your vaping habits. What kind of juice you use, how much juice you use, etc. I never paid much attention, but just at a guess, with regular cleaning you should get a month or so out of a head.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
To make the wicks last longer, be sure not to let them get dry and they won't burn. When you do need to rebuild them, it's really easy.

re: tasting different juices

If that is what you want to do, an atomizer is best for that. But, if you just want to switch off between juices during the day, you can have multiple tanks filled with different juices and just switch them out. Later on, if you're like most of us, you will have multiple PVs (for example, your eGo), each with a different juice on top and just rotate between them during the day.

Last edited:

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
To keep from tasting the other juice, you will need to do a quick wash. I keep at least two tanks going all day...one is always a Tobacco flavor the other(s) are sweet, fruit or Menthol...that way I'm not having to wash and rewash all the time.

If you just keep refilling with the same juice, wouldn't hurt to wash it out every few tank fulls. The heads should last you for several weeks if not months. Of course, I have like 4 Viva Nova and each came with 3 heads..so I'm not using and reusing the same heads over and over.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I'm at 2 months now on my first Mini Vivi Nova, still on the same head/coil/wick assembly. I've only rinsed it out a few times in hot water. I've kept the same juice in it since the beginning. But it's not in continuous use, I've gotten several more clearos to keep other favorites in and I switch off frequently.

But it all depends on the liquid, I had one that hopelessly gunked up a CE4 in one tankful. I've gone to rebuildable atomizers for sampling or switching flavors. I usually don't even rinse them out between flavors as long as the flavors seem compatible. I generally only wash them out completely when going from a tobacco flavor back to the fruit or soft drink flavors I prefer.

Blayd_513

May 1, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
I just starting using the vivi nova. I started with dual coil cartos. I am going to be real, I actually prefer the dct over the vivi, all day long. Im unsure why, but the truth is the DCT seems to produce better vape, for me, this of course varies with each cart.
I am planning to rebuild one this weekend with cotton wick to see if I am a bigger fan of the vivi's if they are non-stock.
I do however LOVE the fact that they vivi does not leak, and I have a super nifty aluminum tank upgrade to run whatever juice I want.

theonlyace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Minneapolis
1) I tend wash the whole unit, but not super detalied. I focus on taking wick out and wringing it out and rinsing it multiple times.
2) I agree with Gt, whenever the flavor changes or diminishes, which happens about every 2-3 tanks.
3) with all 4 heads and semi proper cleaning close to 4 months if you really want to stretch it out but 2-3 would be ideal.
Everyone else recommended multiple tanks and that is a great idea as well. I would hope you stick with the nova if you like all day vapability and the customization and tweakability with these clearos. They can be super cheap to maintain if you like getting your hands dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread