Something confusing about doublers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I was looking at the mixing ratios of the doublers, and something just does not make sense.

If one starts out with a no flavor nic juice, how can you mix different ratios of doublers to nic juice to obtain different concentrations and still end up with the same intensity of flavor? Or, put another way, how can a 3:1 mixture have the same taste as 1:1 mixture?

Now, 48 mg may be commercially available in unflavored juice, but it would seem far more logical to go with as high a concentration as possible such as 100 mg. It would make even more sense to go with pure nicotine, but my understanding is that it is not available in small quantities. Yes, I know that nicotine requires extreme caution when handled.

I have 125 ml of 100 mg nic juice which at a vaping concentration of 15 mg, it would make me 833 ml of vaping juice.

Obviously, the higher the concentration of nic juice, the less the dilution one will have with the doubler.

So, why would you not want the maximum available concentration of nic juice?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Tasty Vapor sells e-liquid which has nicotine -- available in 12mg, 24mg, 36mg and 48mg. He sells the same flavors in doublers.

ETA: The mixing ratios are based on buying flavored e-liquid from Tasty Vapor and combining it with doublers. If you choose to buy your nicotine elsewhere and combine it with the matching TV's doublers, that surely doesn't mean that Tasty Vapor has any need to provide you with instructions for mixing it.

As for using 100mg unflavored nicotine rather than buying TV's e-liquids, you will dilute the flavor just not as much. You are physically diluting it. You may feel the dilution is so slight you don't taste it but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why don't I buy it? I have pets. I am clumsy. I'd just as soon handle bottles of liquid arsenic.

ETA2: I realized I misread OP's post originally so I deleted most of my answer and rewrote it.

Last edited:

feebee

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
South of Sydney, Australia
I was looking at the mixing ratios of the doublers, and something just does not make sense.

If one starts out with a no flavor nic juice, how can you mix different ratios of doublers to nic juice to obtain different concentrations and still end up with the same intensity of flavor? Or, put another way, how can a 3:1 mixture have the same taste as 1:1 mixture?

I see what the OP is a bit confused about.
OP, it's not 'no flavour nic juice' (thought you can buy it from TV that way too) -both the smaller bottle of nicotine juice & the larger doublers are flavoured with the same levels of flavouring. Purchase one of each in the same flavour, & juice can then be mixed at many different nicotine levels without any change or dilution to the the flavour.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Ah, then I have to apologize for being short with you. There have been a bunch of recent posts from people who buy unflavored nicotine to add and I thought you were suggesting the same.

While it's certainly anyone's right to vape whatever they want, in any combination they want, Tasty Vapor pays for this forum so it doesn't feel right to advocate buying something they sell from someone else. (If something isn't available at TV that is, of course, a different story.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread