Stainless Steel and Temp Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I have a Crown tank now and a Sigelei 150w TC. I have been using the ss coils in wattage mode and the ni200 coils in TC.
Here comes the question! I have in my shopping cart the new Herakles Plus tank. They have a .2 ohm 316L ss coil for TC.
I was not aware that ss could be used for TC. If I use the 316L ss can I set my Sigelei to temp mode and if yes why couldn't I use my crown tank ss coils for TC?
I would appreciate some clarification, Than you!

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I figured it out. I will have to get a new mod to use ss in temp control. But I can use the 316L in wattage mode safely. So I'll just buy another TC mod that does have an ss mode. I'm having fun experimenting, learning and collecting. I don't know for sure but I bet my mod wouldn't operate in temp mode with ss if I tried.

Well I just happened to have a ss coil that I'm using now. I tried to set to joules mode, it did and preceded to allow me to set the temp. I stopped at that point just to be safe and switched it back to wattage mode. Not going to take it all the way to fire button to find out for sure, LOL.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I figured it out. I will have to get a new mod to use ss in temp control. But I can use the 316L in wattage mode safely. So I'll just buy another TC mod that does have an ss mode. I'm having fun experimenting, learning and collecting. I don't know for sure but I bet my mod wouldn't operate in temp mode with ss if I tried.

Well I just happened to have a ss coil that I'm using now. I tried to set to joules mode, it did and preceded to allow me to set the temp. I stopped at that point just to be safe and switched it back to wattage mode. Not going to take it all the way to fire button to find out for sure, LOL.

:pop:

Touch the stove... life is short.

Really? What is the worst that could happen?

I

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
SS is where it is at. If your mod has a SS function, go for it. You can try it in ti mode but the TCR values are different so YMMV with how it will work.
316L ss has been my go-to wire for about a month and a half now. It is easier to work with compared to ni200 and ti, doesn't have the springy memory for its old shape like ti, and the resistance per mm as well as the ∆TCR makes it more electrically stable than ni200, and it is a great wire if you subohm on mechs as well.
There are a lot of varying grades of stainless steel and the TCR of each varies a little. A few of the higher end TC devices allow you to flash new TCR values to get a more accurate TC vape from different coil materials.
I recently bought a joyetech evic vtc mini and ss mode on it works quite well with the 316L wire I typically use.
SS is awesome. Get some.

Reactions: Eric Auer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread