Stainless Steel Temp Control on the Evic Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan55

Jun 8, 2015
So for TCR mode we are supposed to take the tcr of .00092 for SS316l and multiply it by 10 to the fifth power to come up with a number that fits their table of 80 -200 for stainless steel? I'm pretty pathetic at math, so I'm sure that I'm not understanding what they mean, so maybe someone can clue me in. I tried putting in 0010 hoping that they intended a decimal point on the left, which would have been .00092 rounded up, but no vape just hits TC immediately. So I chose a number at random (0114) and plugged that in. It works, but doesn't seem to be noticeably different than the SS mode.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Thanks, yeah I just did the upgrade. Now when you change a setting in Ni, it changes Ti and SS also to that setting. And the TCR mode gives 3 options - M1 M2 M3. What the heck is that? Will have to do a little research here, but I feel a V3.1 coming in the near future lol.
To set the presets turn the mod off and hold fire and power up for ~ 5 seconds. The tcr values are off by one decimal position.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
So for TCR mode we are supposed to take the tcr of .00092 for SS316l and multiply it by 10 to the fifth power to come up with a number that fits their table of 80 -200 for stainless steel? I'm pretty pathetic at math, so I'm sure that I'm not understanding what they mean, so maybe someone can clue me in. I tried putting in 0010 hoping that they intended a decimal point on the left, which would have been .00092 rounded up, but no vape just hits TC immediately. So I chose a number at random (0114) and plugged that in. It works, but doesn't seem to be noticeably different than the SS mode.
Just move the decimal point one space over.

0.00092 becomes 0.0092

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Yeah I thought so, that was supposed to be a return yank. Sorta like fishing - a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other....:p;)

TCR's for eVic VTC Mini as per Steam Engine Wire Wizard
SS304 = 0101
SS316 = 0088
SS316L = 0087 or 0088
317L = 0094
SS430 = 0138

DJLsb Vapes Tested Firmware 3.0 with below TCR Values
SS304 = 0105
SS316 = 0092

You can try with either and see whether it vapes to your requirement.

For me
TC SS316L turned down to 180 Degrees Celsius vapes close to 205 Degrees Celsius
- off by about -10%

Custom TC M1 set to 0088 turned to 220 Degrees Celsius vapes close to 205 Degrees Celsius
- off by about +10%

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Sure you can. You are not going to dry-burn a wet coil and wick. The risk of hot legs is the same in VW mode as it is in TC mode.

NiO is not a carcinogen it's a regeneration inhibiter.

TiO2 is a irritant and listed as "possible carcinogenic to humans".

Please dont spread misinformation.

Everyone here is looking for a safer vape.

When a vendor pull's out selling Titanium Wire and dumps the inventory
due to safety concern perhaps a bit of caution is warranted.

We do have to keep an open mind for information dissemination.

Vendor Stops selling Titanium Wire due to Safety Concern

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
In a regulated mod resistance does not dictate battery draw, set watts does.

True in eVic VTC mini...the chip conforms to the user specified Wattage in Power & TC mode.

Not all Temperature Control mod's work the same way.

Some ...by going through posts in this forum...take a Wattage setting as an indication of User
desired Temperature Control....i.e., wattage is used (up/down) to meet the Temperature requirement of the User.

Some also have custom setting's Cool/Warm/Hot etc., which will bypass the wattage settings.

It's always a good idea to have a battery capable of handling low sub ohm's and not be completely dependent on a TC Mod Chips which are continuously getting refined with every update.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

Vendors have to decide what to sell based on the lowest common denominator. Just because people can do something dumb with a product does not stop us from having a detailed discussion on possable safe usage scenarios.

My specalitys are applied physics and material science. I do not censor information based on heath and safty guidelines designed to keep the uneduated safe.

One of the members made a off topic blanket statement that Ni and Ti cannot be used in VW mode safely. This is simply false. It can be done safely or dangeriously depending on how Much power you apply.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
True in eVic VTC mini...the chip conforms to the user specified Wattage in Power & TC mode.

Not all Temperature Control mod's work the same way.

Some ...by going through posts in this forum...take a Wattage setting as an indication of User
desired Temperature Control....i.e., wattage is used (up/down) to meet the Temperature requirement of the User.

Some also have custom setting's Cool/Warm/Hot etc., which will bypass the wattage settings.

It's always a good idea to have a battery capable of handling low sub ohm's and not be completely dependent on a TC Mod Chips which are continuously getting refined with every update.
Yes there are lots of diferent mods but my point that resistance is irrelevent stands.

Limiting this discussion to the VTC mini which is limited to 75W of heat potential.

75W/3.2V = 23.4A is the maximum amperes that the decice will draw irregardless of the resistance.

Yes, good high amp batteries are required if a user wants to use very high wattages. (>20W)

If you only want to use 14W

14W / 3.2V = 4.37A

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD

I'm surprised no one mentioned that that vendor subsequently resumed sale of Ti wire. @spalife - Is there a reason you neglected to mention that?

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Vendors have to decide what to sell based on the lowest common denominator. Just because people can do something dumb with a product does not stop us from having a detailed discussion on possable safe usage scenarios.

My specalitys are applied physics and material science. I do not censor information based on heath and safty guidelines designed to keep the uneduated safe.

One of the members made a off topic blanket statement that Ni and Ti cannot be used in VW mode safely. This is simply false. It can be done safely or dangeriously depending on how Much power you apply.

Ni & TI are not part of the queries of the OP.
The thread went on a different tangent

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Yes there are lots of diferent mods but my point that resistance is irrelevent stands.

Limiting this discussion to the VTC mini which is limited to 75W of heat potential.

75W/3.2V = 23.4A is the maximum amperes that the decice will draw irregardless of the resistance.

Yes, good high amp batteries are required if a user wants to use very high wattages. (>20W)

If you only want to use 14W

14W / 3.2V = 4.37A

Your calculations are spot on.

OP appears to be new to SS and it is very easy to overstep while fiddling
with temperature and wattage to get one's desired vape or accidentally firing on a
higher wattage (most of eVic's initial settings are set to 75W).

The reason in the reply to OP,
i mentioned it is advisable to have a battery which meets the 75W specs of VTC,
so that he can enjoy the mod's capabilities to the fullest and be safe too.

Reactions: Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread