Status
Not open for further replies.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
from Wikipedia

Steeping
is the soaking in liquid (usually water) of a solid so as to extract flavours or to soften it. Some teas are prepared for drinking by steeping the leaves in heated water to release the flavour and nutrients. Herbal teas may be prepared by decoction, infusion, or maceration. Some solids are soaked to remove an ingredient, such as salt from smoked ham or salted cod, where the solvent is not the desired product.
----
The aging of wine, and its ability to potentially improve wine quality, distinguishes wine from most other consumable goods. While wine is perishable and capable of deteriorating, complex chemical reactions involving a wine's sugars, acids and phenolic compounds (such as tannins) can alter the aroma, color, mouthfeel and taste of the wine in a way that may be more pleasing to the taster. The ability of a wine to age is influenced by many factors including grape variety, vintage, viticultural practices, wine region and winemaking style. The condition that the wine is kept in after bottling can also influence how well a wine ages and may require significant time and financial investment.

juice is "AGED" like wine, not "STEEPED" like tea.

Ya, I know I'm tilting at windmills, but, there is so much nomenclature being used in the vaping community that is totally inaccurate, it's starting to drive me sane.

don't get me started on people calling e-liquid 'OIL'...

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yep, and you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway, which should really be the first inaccurate nomenclature to tilt at. Those are even older than steeping juice which was well established before I got here. Then steeping was understood by all to be a closed bottle sitting for a period of time. I still tilt at the confusion between airing-out, breathe, and steeping both being called the same thing. I like to think that folks noticed the flavor got stronger if the juice sit for awhile like tea gets stronger if you steep it longer and given that ECF started as a mostly UK forum, it seems only natural that tea references were used. I'd imagine you'd have your way if ECF started as a mostly French, or other wine minded region, forum.

Oil seems to be regional like putting petrol in the tank and luggage in the boot is regional.

If this is the start of your drive to sane, please tell me how the journey progresses. I have been happily insane for quite awhile and sometimes wonder about the drive to sane. Some pictures would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread