Still having eGo-C Twist charger problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I sincerely do not wish to break forum rules, but it's common knowledge the newbie and this subforum get the most traffic, so I reposted this here from the eGo subforum.

Original post:

The light never, ever turns green. I've wiped both connections (the female charger and the male battery) like I've been instructed, but it still stays red.

Yes, I do have it still plugged into my computer. I know someone previously said that is a bad way to charge a Twist, but honestly, I have no other options. Usually I could afford a USB-to-wall adapter, but as it's the end of the month, money is super tight. The funny thing is, even though the charger light stays red FOREVER, the Twist still works, with no diminishing vape hits.

So, do I have a kind of defective charger, a defective battery, or is this common?

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Overnight, against advice. :(

I have used the USB port to charge other devices and I've gotten "USB overload" warnings from Windows when i try to charge it (I don't remember the exact terminology). Like it's draining more energy than it should.

I'm going to drop by the b&m store I bought it from and ask questions. I'm not gonna demand anything, I just want an opinion.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
Bring the charger and Twist back to the seller and show them. Mabey see if you get the same results with another of their chargers. I have a Vission Spinner and the wall adapter light stays on red, the usb connected will charge red to green, and the led on the Spinner button stays lit until it is fully charged. That really confused me at first. If the Twist feels hot to touch deffinatly stop using the charger and babysit it the battery when charging for now.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Heh heh. Yes, I do. It's where I bought the Twist and the charger. ;-)

Like I said, I'm gonna stop by the vape store tomorrow and bring it in. I'm sure they have a drained inventory Twist battery they can try to charge with my charger. They're super cool like that. I am a server, so I know being polite when requesting something expedites the process faster and with MUCH better results. ;-)

Not gonna demand anything, just gonna ask sincere questions.

EDIT: Tibby, the charger has never felt hot.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well, son of a gun, after cleaning the actual battery threads with q-tips (man, they were black!) and screwing it into the charger... the charger finally turned green.

Thanks again ecig forum! I love you'se guys.

Glad you got it working! Also keep the charger threads clean, they tend to get black. I noticed you said you have an iPod, if you have the wall adapter for it, you can put the USB from the twist charger in it and charge the twist. I use my iPhone wall adapter since I got a defective wall adapter with one of my charging systems. Works perfectly.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well, son of a gun, after cleaning the actual battery threads with q-tips (man, they were black!) and screwing it into the charger... the charger finally turned green.

Thanks again ecig forum! I love you'se guys.

It's wise to do it once a week... Many times you don't realize that they're so dirty. BTW, I leave my charger on all night without problems.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
When I cleaned off the threads of my charger, I was surprised at the gunk... But when I q-tipped the inside threads (around the firing pin) on my battery, I couldn't believe how much black came up. Eeew. And I'm not a gross vaper, either. I like my things shiny and pretty. Good lesson learned, and thanks all of you for your help. I love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread