Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I have some questions.

Each time before I charge my Twist, I clean both the threads on the Twist and the threads on the charger.

I then twist it all the way down to 3.2, do the 5 click thing to turn it off, and then screw it in to the charger.

In my computer's USB (it's not a powerful computer), the battery charger sometimes remains red. Sometimes it's green. If I use my gf's usb-to-wall charger, it always turns green. I'm assuming my comp isn't putting out enough power to recharge my Twist.

Is this a somewhat correct and/or proper way to recharge a Twist?

How do you recharge your's, and has it worked since you started doing it?

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just screwed mine in, I didn't bother turning them down or off either. I used my computer USB with no problems, but after reading some people having problems decided to stop doing that. The last thing I wanted was my computer being in jeopardy! So, if it isn't working well on the computer I really wouldn't risk it, though I have no hard link to someone who messed up their computer. I guess I was just going with the better safe than sorry train of thought.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
When I first started vaping I tried charging my little Cig2o batteries on a laptop. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't charge. I went back to the shop and got a wall charger and it solved the problem. The eGo Twist is a much bigger battery so I imagine there just isn't enough amperage unless you have one heck of a power supply. I just stick to wall chargers from now on.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I don't really get why its freaking out. USB2.0 is standardized around 5v & 500ma (3.0 is apparently 900ma), the JT charger only draws 420ma.

Just kind of sounds like something isn't making proper contact.

But as mentioned above and elsewhere, its not worth a laptop. I got an AC-USB adapter on ebay for $0.99 w/free S&H. One of the better methods I've seen is to get a self powered external USB hub, will allow charging multiple units and won't hog up a computers USB.

So you screw it on and attach it to your computer, and it stays constant red (no green blink occasionally)? If it tosses up a green light every 15~ seconds then that is normal charging.

If it just goes automatically to green its not making a connection with the battery or its already fully charged...but for it to tell that its fully charged it has to try and charge it then take a voltage sample.

I know that my eGo pass-through has an iffy time connecting to my JT charger. Both my twists are fine though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread