Strange Noise From Mod When press Fire button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwan

Oct 9, 2017
Hello Everyone , As title says

2 days ago i heard a very strange noise coming from my mod when i press fire button and before fires come on

i thought first it was the coil burning the wick , but it was not i used another tank and another coil its the same noise , however its not all time happen but its start to happen every single click now , also sometimes i press fire button there is no fire and its strat after like 1 second or more . that never happen before and no juice get in it or anything related

i dont know what's causes that the mod itself or the batteries i recorded a video of that sound and you can check it

i noticed also that battery get hot and tank get very hot maybe i didnt noticed that before but is that normal ? and is there any problem of using it

i updated it to the last update on Tesla UK website , is there a problem with that update and is there any update could fix that ?

Mod: Tesla wye 200
Batt: AWT red 3000mah
Tank: Big baby beast . 0.4ohm Coil
i vape on 40-45 Watt - Normal mode - Default Ka wire settings

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It really just sounds like the coil sizzling to me, but it's odd if it's new. I suppose it could also be electricity jumping across a gap, which would be a very serious problem. I don't know how you'd tell, but hopefully someone more helpful will be along soon.

The tank getting hot can be normal depending on your vaping style. The battery getting hot is what worries me. It can warm up a bit, especially if you're chain vaping, but it definitely should not be getting hot. If it really is hot I'd replace it immediately.

I'd recommend doing a bit of research on good batteries before you select a replacement. The ones you're using are rewraps, which means you don't know what they're really capable of. That said, Mooch's latest tests indicate that two red, 3000mah AWTs ought to be able to handle 40 - 45 w well enough. Could you answer a few questions?
  • How old are the batteries?
  • Where did you get them?
  • How do you recharge them (in the mod or in a charger, if a charger, which one)?
  • Has anything unusual happened to them lately?
  • Are they lasting as long as usual, or have you noticed that you have to recharge more often since the fire button noise started?
It's possible something is short-circuiting in the mod, and that's stressed and damaged the batteries. I'd recommend being very cautious with that setup at the moment. Do you have a backup you can use?

As far as getting new batteries goes, I'd strongly recommend picking one from the chart here:
Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

There's a list of reliable vendors in the blue section at the bottom of the chart. Sticking to them can reduce your risk of winding up with counterfeits.

Marwan

Oct 9, 2017
  • How old are the batteries? I Bought The Mod From Trusted Friend He was use it for like 6 Months
  • Where did you get them? They were with the mod
  • How do you recharge them (in the mod or in a charger, if a charger, which one)? AWT 2 slots Charger
  • Has anything unusual happened to them lately? i checked them now and i never check them and found this its like a hit on one of the batteries and make like pop to up
  • Are they lasting as long as usual, or have you noticed that you have to recharge more often since the fire button noise started? Its Still The Same nothing really changed
It's possible something is short-circuiting in the mod, and that's stressed and damaged the batteries. I'd recommend being very cautious with that setup at the moment. Do you have a backup you can use?

when that noise come on as soon as i put my finger on batteries i feel the noise its like a bit low vibration

Attachments

• IMG-20171009-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171009-WA0001.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-20171009-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20171009-WA0000.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 65

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm really uncertain what exactly is going on here. Can you say what tank you are using?

One thing is certain, you need to not use the mod if the batteries are getting hot and buy genuine batteries as that may be at least PART of your problem. I'm thinking that's a tesla wye from looking at it? (I could be wrong) and that maker tends to be reliable, but that doesn't mean a poor mod may not have gone through QC every now and then.

If you bought it from a brick and mortar, you could take it back and see if they can help (or even contact your online vendor) or warranty it. IF the B&M sold you rewrap batteries, I'd be asking for a refund, and maybe heading to a more reliable/knowledgeable B&M if you have one.

If you can post more info that might be helpful, but I definitely wouldn't be using it if rewrapped batteries are warming up.

Best of luck, I suppose you could also try contacting the company directly (Tesla) to see if they've heard of this issue with the wye. But really tank, coil and etc, as well as wattage you use would be helpful, here.

Anna

Reactions: VictorViper

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Don't use that. No idea what's wrong but it sounds like something is seriously arcing in there, and hot batteries are always a reason for concern. Remove those batteries and keep the mod aside for repair or the trash bin... or if you're lucky, a fix, but I wouldn't trust a DIY fix based on what I'm hearing.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
but its start to happen every single click now , also sometimes i press fire button there is no fire and its strat after like 1 second or more . that never happen before and no juice get in it or anything related
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to take it in to a local B&M Vape shop and have them take a look. I would not attempt to charge those batteries until you have the mod checked out. If you have another mod, I would use that.

• Agree

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread