Strong scent from Vapor4Life's VaporKing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I just received my new VaporKing from Vapor4Life.
I was like a kid at X mas tearing into the box and looking at all my new goodies. Fun stuff. :)

One thing I've noticed since I've charged the batteries and loaded up the cartomizers is that they have a very strong smell even when I'm not vaping them. It's not bad, it's just that I can clearly smell the flavors.
As an example, I filled one cartomizer with coconut cream pie and another one with chocolate. I took a few puffs off of each one just to check out the flavor and the room is scented as though I lit a good smelling candle.

I haven't heard anyone really talk about this, but I know it's not just me because someone else walked into the room and asked me what scent of candle I had burning.

As far as the flavor itself goes, it is *far* superior to my old No. 7 flavors. The Vapor4Life flavors do seem 'peppery' to me. I believe I am tasting the nicotine as it reminds me very much of the plain flavor cartridges I used in the Nicorette inhaler when I tried to quit smoking a few years back. I think I would prefer something that doesn't have that 'pepper' to it, so I'll have to play around with different flavors and nicotine dosages until I get that right.

One other observation: Vapor4Life put all kinds of cool freebies in with my order. They sent a passthrough kit, several different flavored cartomizers, an extra battery, and a sample juice. Way cool! Everything appears to work and at first blush, I am extremely pleased with my purchase and with Vapor4Life.

Thanks for the recomendation, guys. :)

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Okay guys, I've actually got a problem.

When I first fired this baby up this AM, I was in love. Seriously, VaporKing, where have you been my whole life?

While I'm still thrilled with the function of the VaporKing, every single carto tastes like burnt garbage, including the blanks I filled today.

I rewatched the videos to make sure I was filling them correctly. I rewatched the videos to make sure I was taking a drag correctly. I'm doing all of this by the book, and yet every single flavor except for the first one I vaped (Vapor4Life's green tea) tastes like burning garbage. I tried different batteries thinking maybe a surge was burning out the cartos.

I've plugged in 15 different flavors. The first drag seems okay, but then Wham! Burning plastic smell and taste.

I've been using a #7 for over a month and used a manual Gamucchi before that. No burnt flavor with either of those.

What am I doing wrong here? All of these flavors were highly reviewed and I think they all taste like burning garbage.

Edit: Maybe I should add, the cartos taste right for a drag, maybe two. But then they are awful.

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
The 808 batts run at 3.7v.Its probably higher than the batts your used to.You may have to refill more often so you dont burn them.Once you burn them,its hard to get rid of burnt taste.

Ok. But should it happen on literally the second drag when the drag before was less than 3 seconds?
What I've noticed is that the first drag goes fine. I can't do the 10 second drag you see everyone doing on youtube. It burns my throat too much. ;)

So I take the first drag. It lasts maybe 3-4 seconds. I let off the manual button and wait for probably 20-30 seconds or thereandabouts before I press the manual button and take another drag. I hear a 'popping' noise each time and then burnt plastic taste. Super gross.

The green tea is the only flavor I have been able to vape today. It does not have a burnt taste.

Perhaps most of the flavors just have a 'smoke' smell and I am just sensitive to it?
Ugh.
So frustrated. For the first time in a month, I'd kill for a real smoke. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread