Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
The VTR might fire the Atlantis, but the MVP will not. The Atlantis' 0.5 ohm coil is at the very bottom of the range that the VTR will fire... so if there is any change in the resistance, it may stop working and indicate a short...

That being said, use the wattage setting. It will automatically set the voltage for you, but seeing as how the VTR fires at 15W max, it is still going to be a weak vape... the Atlantis will perform better at 30-40W.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Doesn't the VTR have a minimum resistance of 0.6? If the Atlantis heads are spot on at 0.5, you won't be able to fire them.

If they do fire, it doesn't really matter, the limit will be the 5amp the device has. So even if it says it's giving you 5 volts on that coil, it'll be only providing enough voltage to stick at 5 amps.

That I know, there is no way to trick the VTR to give you more than the 5amp limit whichever way you choose to fire it.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Doesn't the VTR have a minimum resistance of 0.6? If the Atlantis heads are spot on at 0.5, you won't be able to fire them.

If they do fire, it doesn't really matter, the limit will be the 5amp the device has. So even if it says it's giving you 5 volts on that coil, it'll be only providing enough voltage to stick at 5 amps.

That I know, there is no way to trick the VTR to give you more than the 5amp limit whichever way you choose to fire it.

I'm not sure... I looked up the VTR in Steam Engine and it's listed in there as firing down to 0.5, but I'm not sure how accurate Steam Engine's spec list is... and like I posted earlier... even if it'll fire 0.5, if the coil is 0.49, it ain't gonna work... but I agree, even if it does work, it's still gonna be kinda like puttin' a VW engine in a '69 Barracuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread