Status
Not open for further replies.

Texaslimo

Woof!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
TX
What is the difference between the GS and the GT? The GS appears to be longer and skinnier than the GT?

Is the building of this device any easier than the fogger V2? I had a fogger and had quite a bit of difficulty getting it built so that it did not either flood or go dry. I have heard that building the Taifun, while very similar in process, is easier to achieve a good build with. Thoughts?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The GS is smaller in diameter than the GT. The GT is about 23mm diameter. The GS is 17mm at the tank, and tapers down to 15mm at the base. The GS holds about 3ml. The GT holds about 5ml.
I have two GTs, and love them. They are my current favorites. Build wise, I've never owned a Fogger, so I can't say. But the Taifun is an easy build. I get no leaks, flooding, or dry hits. I use a 1/16 dia micro coil with cotton wicks.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
I just ordered a few fogger V2's and already have a GT, so I'll let you know about them when they arrive (although they're coming from china so I wouldn't hold your breath)

I can however comment on another fact.... the fogger is in no way the same quality as the taifun..

I have a Russian and a Russian clone.... there is no comparison to the two of them... My Russian clone leaks at the filler port, and the base is difficult to remove and install (although I found a trick). The bottom screw doesn't come out.

The genuine Russian has none of these issues. That being said, the Russian clone when the coil is built well still vapes pretty good. I usually use it when I'm drinking at a camp fire or somewhere I don't want to scratch my Russian and don't care about a few leaks, or when friends come over and want to vape, I'll give them that unit.

I would assume similar things between the taifun GT and the fogger.

Again, I'll let you know when the foggers get here.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thank you. I look forward to hearing more when you get your comparisons done. The Taifun does look like it would work well, but I am concerned that it will be as difficult to work with as the fogger.

I don't have a Fogger, so I've never set one up. But I do have two Taifun GTs. From videos I've seen, the Fogger is more difficult to set up. The thing that makes the Taifun easy is because the chamber 'pops' down into the base, to allow access to the coil area, when building. After the coil and wick are built, you pull up on the chamber, and it 'pops' back into operating position. Very cool feature.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I have both the GT and the GS. They are both easy to set up. The GT is 22 or 23mm around, the GS is 17mm around. The GS is more of a Kayfun type device where as the GS is a Penelope type device but they take it a step further. You can use a filter to hold the liquid or you can use a base that they include and use tiny mesh filters to regulate the drip rate. So far the GT is good, but the GS is great, It's a wonderful, deep, rich, wet vape. It is my "on the go" device since its so easy to fill. To be fair, I've had the GS a couple of months or so longer that the GT so I haven't found the optimum setup for it yet. I don't think I built it hot enough the first time around. I also have a SQUape which is more like the GT but it the ultimate in build simplicity.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
@HauntedMyst,

so let me understand something.. I thought the GS was similar to my GT just smaller/longer, are you saying it can be setup like the GP Spheroid with mesh/cotton stuff so that it doesn't leak?

That's cool, I kinda want one, just worried about it's length, the sucker is so freakin long.

I wouldn't use it at home, it would be more of a go out and not worry about leaking, but when I'm out, long mods suck,

You say you vape the GS on the go.. hmmm you like it even with it's length, what mod do you use?

also.. if you don't mind pics :)

sorry Haunted, you just peaked my interest in the GS (I've been looking at it for a while on smokerstore.de but didn't think I would use it).

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Hey WS, no they are different types of atomizers. It's no longer than the GT, it just looks that way but you can use it on an EGO comfortably even though I normally use it on an 18650 I do use it on an ego regularly. The length doesn't bother me since it's so slim.

Tex, Think of the GS as a Dripper with a tank on top. Where as the GT is more of a Bottom Coil. Measurement is at it's widest point. With the straight beauty rings, it looks natural on an ego.

The GS is on a Precise + 18650
The GT is on an ELA in 18650 mode

DSCF8450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread