Tarot Nano Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianna Hillman

Mar 2, 2018
I have a tarot nano, had it like 3 weeks have already changed the coil like 3 times due to burnt taste from coil. I've primed it each time and let it set for ten minutes. I also took pulls off it without pressing the fire button. Right now I'm using Pacha Mama ejucie it's Apple, strawberry, and nectarine flavored 80VG/20PG I got all liquids and the tarot nano and coils from avail vapor shop.
The liquid taste super fresh when I first change the coil and prime it and then it goes down hill from there... I'm not sure why...

100 °c
75 watts in top right corner
SS in bottom right corner
9.99 ohms??? In left top corner
3685 in bottom left corner I think that just the number of hits I've taken on it though...

Er... I'm not sure what kind of coils avail gave me? They're universal and in a green box?? I can check if anyone needs the info in order to help me.

I greatly appreciate any and all advice I can get :)

Oh! I've also rinsed the tank out like once maybe twice since I have gotten it so I could change liquids and coils together. Just some warm water no soap or alcohol or anything, I was afraid to use anything like that incase it messes the vaporizer up...

I put what liquid was left over back in one of the old bottles not sure if your suppose to do that though?? I haven't reused any of those liquids yet though I keep changing to the next one to see if maybe it's the juice but so far it keeps getting a burnt taste after a few days no matter what liquid I use :/ i guess it's the coils or maybe the settings I'm using?? I don't like messing with the settings too much cause I don't want to .... it up XD

Reactions: stols001

MUE3N

Feb 20, 2018
it could be that the juice is not penetrating the cotton fast enough so the coil ends up burning slightly dry cotton...when i was using store bought coils i had the same issue once what worked for me is taking the coil and poking 2 to 3 holes on the side(into the cotton) with a needle(not too big) as to allow juice to penetrate the coil easier.

the main reason for that burnt taste is coils maybe try another vape store it does happen where batches of coils can sometimes be defective.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a tarot nano, had it like 3 weeks have already changed the coil like 3 times due to burnt taste from coil. I've primed it each time and let it set for ten minutes. I also took pulls off it without pressing the fire button. Right now I'm using Pacha Mama ejucie it's Apple, strawberry, and nectarine flavored 80VG/20PG I got all liquids and the tarot nano and coils from avail vapor shop.
The liquid taste super fresh when I first change the coil and prime it and then it goes down hill from there... I'm not sure why...

100 °c
75 watts in top right corner
SS in bottom right corner
9.99 ohms??? In left top corner
3685 in bottom left corner I think that just the number of hits I've taken on it though...

Er... I'm not sure what kind of coils avail gave me? They're universal and in a green box?? I can check if anyone needs the info in order to help me.

I greatly appreciate any and all advice I can get :)

Oh! I've also rinsed the tank out like once maybe twice since I have gotten it so I could change liquids and coils together. Just some warm water no soap or alcohol or anything, I was afraid to use anything like that incase it messes the vaporizer up...

I put what liquid was left over back in one of the old bottles not sure if your suppose to do that though?? I haven't reused any of those liquids yet though I keep changing to the next one to see if maybe it's the juice but so far it keeps getting a burnt taste after a few days no matter what liquid I use :/ i guess it's the coils or maybe the settings I'm using?? I don't like messing with the settings too much cause I don't want to .... it up XD

Hi and welcome,
IMO 75 watts is too great for those coils.
Turn the power down.

If you have questions about how your device works, read the manual or go back to the Avail store so they can walk you through the device settings and functions.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, I own that tank and I see lots of potential problems. One, your ohms are reading 9.99?? If you are using the coils that came with it, they should read 0.5, unless you replace them with the 1.0 coil which, still should not be reading 9.99 ohms. You may have a connection issue with your mod, causing it to read incorrectly, or an electrical fault in the mod itself.

Second, wash your tank thoroughly DO NOT pour burnt juice into clean juice, you will cause your entire bottle to taste burnt. "Spent" eliquid in the tank (even if it's completely full, which shouldn't be that much e-liquid) should be discarded. Clean the tank THROUGHLY and if you haven't been (away from the mod) so that nothing watery can get into the mod. If you were just rinsing it out with water with the mod attached, that could be the cause of your electrical fault.

Do you have another tank you can put on it to see what it reads? Because if it shows a more normal ohm's reading, it's probably something going on with the tank, maybe the coil not screwed in properly. If the mod continues to "not read" the atomizers correctly (if you have a 0.5 resistance coil, it would be fine if it read say, 0.57, but that type of variance 9.99 is absolutely abnormal). Your coil's resistance should be printed directly on the coil.

Finally, your wattage is too high, and you may need a better priming process, but right now I'm more concerned about your mod/tank reading. If you got water near it, you may have to warranty it if it's still in warranty period.

I have been using mine for some time now and am still on the first coil. The wattage you are running through that coil is too much, and you need to lower it a great deal. It should vape better that way. Best of luck, I hope this helps, I run my 0.5 coil under 20 watts and still get a good vape out of it.

Hope anything above helps your situation. Don't vape your mod the way it is right now, something bad (and possibly dangerous) is going on. You could try a vape shop near you to try and help you out if you live near one.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I wouldn’t think your mod would fire if the coil is reading 9.99. Your mod has a 5.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Max so 9.99 is no beuno. Something funky is going on but don’t be afraid to mess with the settings it won’t break. Also as others have said don’t pour used juice back in the new juice bottle. You don’t have to chuck it if it’s a full tank just put it in an empty bottle to reuse later. But your big issue is the ohm reading, get that figured out and you will be in better shape for a good vape. Good luck I hope it’s an easy fix/

• Agree

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
I don't think you should be vaping when your mod is reading 9.99 ohms my man, I guess you are using the Veco tank the mod comes with in the kit format, I own one myself and I've never had these issues.Try this,unscrew the bottom of the tank and hold the tank vertically and see if the coil falls, it shouldn't, something is going on with your coil/connection, maybe some pics could help?

• Agree

JshMjd87

Apr 11, 2018
it could be that the juice is not penetrating the cotton fast enough so the coil ends up burning slightly dry cotton...when i was using store bought coils i had the same issue once what worked for me is taking the coil and poking 2 to 3 holes on the side(into the cotton) with a needle(not too big) as to allow juice to penetrate the coil easier.

the main reason for that burnt taste is coils maybe try another vape store it does happen where batches of coils can sometimes be defective.

I have been having he same issue and I had mine set at 30.5w and always getting burnt taste there’s only one store near me that sells coils that fit I think it the cotton or whatever is too tight in it and juice isn’t going in after I poked a needle in the holes to let some juice in it’s back to tasting great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread