Horrible Constant Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Lay

Aug 28, 2017
Don't think there is enough info there for anyone to really be able to help you out. What coils? SS, Ceramic, etc? Ohm?... Wattage mode, TC mode. What wattage? What Temp? Have you tried lower wattage or tempurature?

ECO Coils, I originally started at 45 watts. Sometimes 40. Now I'm at 25, and still get a burnt taste after 2 hits, having to lower it even more. I've changed it to every single mode. Still continues. I'm using more of a sweeter flavor like Slug Juice, Donuts, Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
ECO Coils, I originally started at 45 watts. Sometimes 40. Now I'm at 25, and still get a burnt taste after 2 hits, having to lower it even more. I've changed it to every single mode. Still continues. I'm using more of a sweeter flavor like Slug Juice, Donuts, Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream.

Those coils seem to come in several varieties with different wattage ranges of which only one seems to go to 45w. And while not familiar with those coils, someone on here probably is and will help you out. I can tell you from my experience with premade coils….The manufacturer rating is often off.

Eco Universal Coil Design

Innovative Replacement System - Changing of Cores instead of Sleeve
0.3ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 35-40W
0.4ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 40-50W
0.5ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 35-40W
0.3ohm Ceramic EUC SS316L - rated for 35-40W
0.5ohm Ceramic EUC SS316L - rated for 25-35W

So are you using one of these?

If you are using one of the SS316L coils try temperature control and start off low on the temperature and raise it until it works without the burning taste. By low should be around 170-180 C to start and then move up but probably not above 230 C. Don’t forget to lock in the read ohm at room temperature.

If not SS or you want to use wattage with SS. Start off low on the wattage and only move up slowly until it tastes right. Start at 15W…may not even get vapor..move it up a watt or so at a time until it is okay.

Kevin Lay

Aug 28, 2017
Those coils seem to come in several varieties with different wattage ranges of which only one seems to go to 45w. And while not familiar with those coils, someone on here probably is and will help you out. I can tell you from my experience with premade coils….The manufacturer rating is often off.

Eco Universal Coil Design

Innovative Replacement System - Changing of Cores instead of Sleeve
0.3ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 35-40W
0.4ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 40-50W
0.5ohm Traditional EUC Clapton - rated for 35-40W
0.3ohm Ceramic EUC SS316L - rated for 35-40W
0.5ohm Ceramic EUC SS316L - rated for 25-35W

So are you using one of these?

If you are using one of the SS316L coils try temperature control and start off low on the temperature and raise it until it works without the burning taste. By low should be around 170-180 C to start and then move up but probably not above 230 C. Don’t forget to lock in the read ohm at room temperature.

If not SS or you want to use wattage with SS. Start off low on the wattage and only move up slowly until it tastes right. Start at 15W…may not even get vapor..move it up a watt or so at a time until it is okay.

0.4 for 40-50.
I'll make sure to give it a try.
I assume you are priming it with juice before vaping it? Put 4 or drops of eliquid directly in the coil and on the cotton on the side holes before vaping.

0.4ohm I'm pretty sure. I'm priming it, letting it sit for 30 minutes or more after. I'll try everything that you said! Thank-you!! You're a lifesaver.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Read @IMFire3605's blog, especially the part about taking baby steps.

IMFire3605's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

It may come across as smarmy, but remember... even Michael Phelps had to start at the shallow end.

I absolutely promise you that if you prime your coils properly and show the patience of Job when breaking them in, AND treat the wattage recommendations for a particular coil with skepticism, your coils will reward you with a long productive life.

I personally would back off the use of those sweet juices. They put all that stuff in them there fancy liquids to make the vape taste good, but sugary sweetness and rich flavor are a death sentence for a factory coil.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sadly, yes, flavors can kill a coil very fast, especially at higher wattages. Were you using different juice profiles prior to your coils getting burned? Different coils? It's been going on a month? I'd be sure to also take apart EVERYTHING you can from your tank, as well as your mod, and check the 510 pin to make sure nothing juicewise got down in there, as well as maybe wiping off the battery ports. If you've had a burnt taste that long, there MAY be some gunk lodged somewhere in your tank or mod that you don't know about, that's causing the taste (apologies if you have already tried this).

Also, have you tried the tank on a different mod? I could see circumstance where your mod might be having electrical issues and giving you poor readings on your coil, or even firing at a different wattage than you THINK it is, so if you have a friend that you could try your tank on their mod, that might help.... Or, take the sucker to a decent brick and mortar if you can find one with knowledgeable employees close by, and they may be able to help. That's kinda the most that I can think of? You may also have gotten a box of bad coils, it does happen, so trying a fresh stash might be in order....

Best of luck, I hope you are able to sort out your difficulties.

Anna

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have received some good information so give it some time. One thing I learned when I started out was that just because the coil may say 40 - 50W, start low 15W and then raise it a few watts at a time until you find the watts that are good for you. With a new coil starting low will allow the coil to properly perform.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So, just about a month ago my Tarot Nano started getting a horrible burnt metallic taste CONSTANTLY. I've cleaned the tank, changed the coils MULTIPLE times. Nothing, even changed juices. Still constant burnt taste. I've had it for about 5-6 months now. I'm starting to give up at this point. Any answers?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Hope you can solve your problem. It may be that the tank/drip tip cannot be thoroughly cleaned?
Might like to read:
Did i ruin my tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread