The Big First Purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
Just put in my first purchase to start DIY i thought it may be helpful to some to see what i ended up buying after a good deal of research.

PG&VG
PG essentials depot 500 ml - from amazon - $9 shipped
VG essentials depot 1000 ml - from amazon - $14 shipped

Plastic Bottles
20 of the 30 ml HDPE plastic dropper bottles - ebay - $10 shipped

RTSvapes
60 ml of 100mg/ml nicotine liquid - $14.95
1 cc syringe - $0.50
3 cc Syringe x3 - $1.59
5 cc syringe - $0.68
(i already have a needle for the syringes but if u don't you will want one about $0.80 )
30 ml Sweetener TFA - $4.85
10 ml Butterscotch TFA - $2.75
10 ml Green Aplle TFA - $2.75
10 ml Bubblegum TFA - $2.75
10 ml Pina Colada TFA - $2.75
10 ml Watermelon TFA - $2.89
10 ml Coconut TFA - $2.89
20% off of nic juice and pg/vg with coupon: FirstOrder - $2.99 savings
Total - $41.31 shipped

So what did it cost me to start making DIY juice?
$74.31

but i should be set for a LONG time :D

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
well my thought was i could make like 5ml "sample batches" sit them in hot water for a while and then try them out and that will give me an idea of weather or not it worth making and steeping and its me and the gf here so we would have no problem killing a 5ml sample batch and freeing up the bottle plus i have a few empty 10ml bottles from my less intelligent days of overpaying for pre mixed liquid lol.

i just got a few flavors to start. basic ones i know we will like. once i get a handle on the basic ill get more brave into making creations then i will deff need to get a pack of small bottles lol.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'd recommend a few needles because it's just a pain to keep switching needles> I keep a ful 30ml/with needle, 10ml/with needle, 3ml/ with needle and 1ml/with needlle. Also get pleanty of 5ml or 10ml bottles for test batches. Better to make small test batches at first so you don't waste materials on large 30ml batches.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
yeah i thought about the needle thing while i was typing it, next time i order some flavors ill throw in a bunch of needles. and i just read that flavorings are a pain to wash out so maybe some of those disposable pipettes too.

I find the pipettes are not that accurate. You can wash them out in some hot water and if the flavor is really tuff then add some baking soda to the water. Putting nail polish over the numbers is a really good idea to because they do wear off.

typo_joe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
South Carolina Coast
Don't forget to buy some clear finger nail polish, paint your syringes or else the numbers will disappear.

I work at a print/sign shop, im seeing how long overlaminate vinyl will last (stuff to laminate full color car graphics). I applied one over a week ago, so far so good.
Polish sounds like a lot better idea. However, as a single guy, i know i dont have any sitting around the house. Lol.

Im sitting in rush hour traffic right now, trying hard to get home to my diy supplies. Which should be waiting for me. This will be my first go at diy too. I cant wait.

I have thought about making a thread about my noob diy experience but not sure. I will be sure to check in on your experiences.

Good luck.

chrisw21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Satellite Beach, FL
Just put in my first purchase to start DIY i thought it may be helpful to some to see what i ended up buying after a good deal of research.

PG&VG
PG essentials depot 500 ml - from amazon - $9 shipped
VG essentials depot 1000 ml - from amazon - $14 shipped

Plastic Bottles
20 of the 30 ml HDPE plastic dropper bottles - ebay - $10 shipped

RTSvapes
60 ml of 100mg/ml nicotine liquid - $14.95
1 cc syringe - $0.50
3 cc Syringe x3 - $1.59
5 cc syringe - $0.68
(i already have a needle for the syringes but if u don't you will want one about $0.80 )
30 ml Sweetener TFA - $4.85
10 ml Butterscotch TFA - $2.75
10 ml Green Aplle TFA - $2.75
10 ml Bubblegum TFA - $2.75
10 ml Pina Colada TFA - $2.75
10 ml Watermelon TFA - $2.89
10 ml Coconut TFA - $2.89
20% off of nic juice and pg/vg with coupon: FirstOrder - $2.99 savings
Total - $41.31 shipped

So what did it cost me to start making DIY juice?
$74.31

but i should be set for a LONG time :D

Let us know how it goes for you!! I got basically the same flavors as you (plus about 15+ others) and I'm having a hard time making something that I *LOVE*. I got maybe 3 that I've been sticking with daily, but the rest are bland and flat. Ya, ya, ya..... I read ALL the posts about DIY, and I try something new daily, but I just haven't had much luck with TFA. I've read that TFA is more of a "complex" flavoring that works well with multiple flavor mixes, as opposed to Cap's which, the consensus states, is more "one flavor" and more forgiving for the newb (and that's why I bought another 20+ flavors from them). Maybe I just have vape tongue from trying too hard........ But if you find something that works for you, please share!!!!

typo_joe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
South Carolina Coast
I have some 10 ml bottles I can make sample batches in if that's what you mean. As far as a nicotine test I do not have one. I just plan on getting my nicotine from trusted sources.2

They may have been talking about something like a drip atty, idk though but thats how i read it.

Have you received your supplies and done any mixing yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread