The Cloupor Mini+ 50W TC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Anyone figure out anything more on the upgrading process or the USB (not) charging port. From what I'm seeing on Kooper's site they say the micro USB port is for upgrading but not for charging but to upgrade the firmware you have to send it to one of their authorized retailer/wholesaler's to get it upgraded. Here's the link for those interested: http://www.koopor.com/news/koopor-mini-firmware-upgrade.shtml

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Anyone figure out anything more on the upgrading process or the USB (not) charging port. From what I'm seeing on Kooper's site they say the micro USB port is for upgrading but not for charging but to upgrade the firmware you have to send it to one of their authorized retailer/wholesaler's to get it upgraded. Here's the link for those interested: http://www.koopor.com/news/koopor-mini-firmware-upgrade.shtml

Koopor or Cloupor? Dis be Cloupor thread :D

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Got mine. Generally liking it. I do think the silicon sleeve mediates some things that would otherwise be issues for me. The battery door seems to be a bit too easy to slide off when the sleeve is not on, and while the finish is fine, it seems like it might not be as durable as the finish on my other box mods. But that is completely subjective. I guess all I have to do is keep the sleeve on.

I normally use a Sigelei 75w TC and find the Cloupor to function just as well. Aesthetically, it seems a bit small for my Lemo vers 1,the only tank I had a NI200 build on at the time I got the Mini+. My Lemo 2 seemed to be a more natural fit for it. But that's all completely subjective. Both function fine, the Lemo 2 with Kanthol in VW mode, and the Lemo 1 with NI200 in TC mode. It does make my Sigelei seem to be overly heavy for its size. I think Sigelei added unnecessary weight to the doors of the 75w TC, to make the mod seem to be a substantial, quality product and may have got overboard on the weight.

Considering the anticipated price of the Mini+, if I need to purchase a new TC box mod, I might well go for the Mini+

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
This a copypasta of the post relaying my intial thoughts on the Cloupor Mini+ in the contest thread:

Here's a handcheck pic with a Reo clone for comparison. Didn't take long to cover it with glycerin fingerprints.:oops:
img_9603-jpg.499957

A Zephyrus RTA in wattage mode and a .3Ω factory coil @ 40-45w produced a very nice vape.

I'm now vaping the pictured Mutation variant with a .23Ω ni200 coil and it seems to be working fine. I can easily detect the difference when adjusting the temperature as little as 20°F.

I think I may like TC vaping but am not enjoying working with the nickel wire thus far. I have some titanium wire ordered. Hopefully it will be more to my liking.

Addendum - I have also ordered some tempered ni200 wire per a suggestion in the contest thread. This TC thing has rekindled my interest in playing with differing builds.

First battery cycle seems to indicate good efficiency.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
It's a good thing I DIY !

I'm actually a mouth to lung guy but a friend came over and lent me his topper so I could check out the whole TC thing. This is my first TC mod and I have a little learning curve to swing through.

So who else has gotten their prize booty?
Yeah I'm just a Tootle puffer myself. Not even curious about TC. BUT now I've got a new mod to mount my GS Air on and crank it up to a whopping 10 watts or so! If I can't find a way to trade it for another eGrip V1.

Reactions: Katdarling

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
This a copypasta of the post relaying my intial thoughts on the Cloupor Mini+ in the contest thread:

Here's a handcheck pic with a Reo clone for comparison. Didn't take long to cover it with glycerin fingerprints.:oops:
img_9603-jpg.499957

A Zephyrus RTA in wattage mode and a .3Ω factory coil @ 40-45w produced a very nice vape.

I'm now vaping the pictured Mutation variant with a .23Ω ni200 coil and it seems to be working fine. I can easily detect the difference when adjusting the temperature as little as 20°F.

I think I may like TC vaping but am not enjoying working with the nickel wire thus far. I have some titanium wire ordered. Hopefully it will be more to my liking.

Addendum - I have also ordered some tempered ni200 wire per a suggestion in the contest thread. This TC thing has rekindled my interest in playing with differing builds.

First battery cycle seems to indicate good efficiency.

How do you like that Zephyrus RTA?

Eric

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Well, I started this thread but kind of strayed away as I spent some time with my new mini+. I have been carrying it pretty steady for a couple of weeks now and so far she keeps on ticking. She took one quite hard spill of my desk sending the battery door and the battery in separate directions and there were no negative repercussion. The finish has a backed on look and is holding up nicely. It is a finger print magnet but, Meh. I am primarily a tootle puffer but a friend gave me a nautilus with a stock Ni coil and I was able to kick some serious clouds for a photo shoot (picture bellow). It seemed to do what temp. control is suppose to do and allowed me to take long deep hits of 90vg/10pg. Over all I can say I like this rig and it has a place in my travel rig collection. To be honest, I have not and do not intend to try the built in charger.

Hits:
-Compact size
-Temp Controle
-Good Power from a single 18650

Misses:
-Insecure battery door
-Heavy, much smaller but 10 grams heavier than the Coolfire IV

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Siigggghhhh!!! I finally got to stop by the house today. First thing I did was check out my Mini+. A little disappointed tho. I was expecting a blue one, I got a black one. Not a huge issue considering the price I paid. At least it wasn't pink. It does look good in black tho. At any rate it will just be going in the vape cabinet and held in reserve until my iStick or eGrip pass away. Or at least until I get around to ordering a battery and charger.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Finally got a battery in this thing. Still sighing! This ain't no Tootle Puffer rig. It may be capable of low volt settings but no accuracy. (Edit: no stepdown?) Scorched my wick with a 1.5 ohm coil set at 3.31v! Cranked it down to 2.5v and all was well. It's back in the box and in the cabinet. Too disgusted right now to decide what to do with it.

With the impending vapocolypse I need rigs with replaceable batteries.. I may see if I can sell it for enough to buy a Vamo 'style' rig from FT or an authentic K-box. Something INTENDED for my style of vaping.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Cap't, are we still keeping this thread alive? Has it run its course?

Foggy, the Cloupor is "ok" to me. (no scorchers, or poor hits).

Today I finally got one of my "must have" mods, and I like it, but I find it, like the Cloupor, a bit on the heavy side.

Yet, I like it very much!

kbox mini.jpg

Reactions: Foggy Road

iwriduan

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Bandung, ID
Here's a picture of the pink:

850c7dbf58d2cbf4b7c3721012259fc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wished myself the pink one, now i really really want the pink one.

too bad mini+ has not available in my country. i started to think i am the first owner of mini+ here, been thinking about trade my black with the pink one all day long, no glory on local facebook group.

i like the simplicity tho, i owned the black mini 30 several months back so kinda having a dejavu since i got my package yesterday.

TC performing "okay", yes my vape has been consistent, yes i have never had any dryhit, yes as simple as throw my STM on this mini+ then adjust the res then vape on my preferable temp setting.

the same experience i had with istick TC40, it just worked, and i was my first adventure with TC with Ti wire (never use Ni, fired it in Ti mode on my istick)

just love this mini+, i really recommend mini+ to anyone who want to experience TC for the 1st time.

planning to put this mini+ back to its box tomorrow and patiently waiting for any pink mini+ owner that wanna trade with black [emoji39]

pros: it works, consistently
cons: mine is NOT pink

Sent while vaping using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foggy Road

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Been using mine elusively in power mode and it performs as well as my 30w version, the extra power is nice. The rattly door is an inherent design fault that I can't believe they haven't sorted out since the last version. Magnets hold well in line, but are significantly weaker laterally, and as the door has no end stops, it slides. I added four more strong neodymium magnets to my 30w and it still moves and rattles without a sleeve.
The white sleeve looks horrible, so I'm using a black one I got from FT
$1.11 Protective Silicone Sleeve for Cloupor Mini 30W VV VW APV Box Mod - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Cap't, are we still keeping this thread alive? Has it run its course?

Yes actually I even announced on the other thread that I was going to aboandon this one and deffer to the other because they had started first and I did not see it when I started this one.

BTW Did you notice how your bad influence rubbed off with my Phiniac etched Pink Rabbit? Your an enabler you!

1218152154d.jpg

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread