Status
Not open for further replies.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Yes, I have just confirmed. The person I spend the most time vaping around (the wife) doesn't give a crap about how much vapor I can pump out in one sitting. In her words: "put that thing down or I'm gonna call someone to tell them we need some lasers, glow sticks and some ooontz ooontz ooontz ooontz."

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
Hey Big Baby what's the build you used to make this vid?? Great show!

The top one was a 1.2ohm 4/5 wrap of 28awg around doubled up 2mm ekowool.

The bottom one was a higher resistance coil that I built to run on a spinner. That one was a 1.6 ohm 4/5 or 5/6 wrap of 28awg around four 2mm silica wicks.

For your next act, can you blow that out your nose? I allways find that entertaining in a curious sort of way.

I have had people ask me for stranger things.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't consider myself a cloud chaser but I do vape sub-ohm all the time. I did my homework and do it safely. I love what it does for my zero nic DIY juices. I like the vapor volume too, but that's secondary for me. I'll be trying micro coils sometime when I get around to it to see what that is all about. Already started researching it.

I really don't care if people are going for clouds. To each their own. You're OK with me BigBaby :thumb:. What bothers me are all the posts lately from people who obviously know nothing about how to vape safely using sub-ohm setups getting them. I try to help them but sometimes it gets scarey. For me the main issue is not cloud chasing, but dangerous vaping practices. Maybe a thread on how to cloud chase safely is in order. As people have stated here, it's not all about SLR.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Not into blowing clouds. What you blow out into the air is just wasted juice.

Some guys really need this T shirt
    dMEBMFgrey.jpg

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2012
    Lansing, Michigan
    But isn't flavor tied to the size of the cloud (at least in part)? More vapor = more juice = more flavor?

I'm currently vaping a 1.1 ohm dual micro-coil (12 wraps each of 30 awg on an 18 gauge needle) on a Cyclone with AFC and the vapor as well as the flavor is amazing. I get similar results on my RM2 with a 1.5 ohm single micro-coil.

Whenever I use a device that produces less vapor I get less flavor as well. Or am I missing something?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    The top one was a 1.2ohm 4/5 wrap of 28awg around doubled up 2mm ekowool.

The bottom one was a higher resistance coil that I built to run on a spinner. That one was a 1.6 ohm 4/5 or 5/6 wrap of 28awg around four 2mm silica wicks.

I have had people ask me for stranger things.

That is so going to get you a cheerleader.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    But isn't flavor tied to the size of the cloud (at least in part)? More vapor = more juice = more flavor?

I'm currently vaping a 1.1 ohm dual micro-coil (12 wraps each of 30 awg on an 18 gauge needle) on a Cyclone with AFC and the vapor as well as the flavor is amazing. I get similar results on my RM2 with a 1.5 ohm single micro-coil.

Whenever I use a device that produces less vapor I get less flavor as well. Or am I missing something?

To some extent yes, but when you add massive amounts of air to get that cloud you are also trying to flavor a larger mass. Taste is to subjective for any statement to be true in all cases.

Many of us that have vaped for a while have found that less flavoring quite often tastes better for instance. More often than not when I buy juice from a vendor anymore, I cut it in half with 10mg unflavored nic base.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2012
    Lansing, Michigan
    To some extent yes, but when you add massive amounts of air to get that cloud you are also trying to flavor a larger mass. Taste is to subjective for any statement to be true in all cases.

Many of us that have vaped for a while have found that less flavoring quite often tastes better for instance. More often than not when I buy juice from a vendor anymore, I cut it in half with 10mg unflavored nic base.

Interesting. So what you're saying is a large cloud is not always indicative of a large volume of juice being vaporized but of the amount of air added to the mix during the inhale.

A few quick tests with the AFC on my Cyclone seem to bear this out. Can't say as yet the flavor changed any but my taste buds are still not up to par just yet (greatly improved since I started vaping but I still need to order extra shots to get any appreciable flavor most of the time).

Unless more air means more juice being vaporized...I'll have to do some more experimenting...but I have to sit down first...little dizzy.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

Yup, this has been my experience too, not that I have done any remotely scientific experimentation to confirm this. But yup, any device that puts out more vapor with the same juice has always given me better flavor. Now, I don't make cotton candy clouds, so no experience with how far you can take this until you get into diminishing returns.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2013
    The Bluegrass State
    I have been vaping 50/50 CLS from Nicoticket dripped in a 2 ohm Smoktech RDA on a Vamo @ 7 watts. The vapor production is definitely good enough for me... I haven't tried sub-ohm or micro-coils yet, but I most likely will. I like lots of vapor, but what I described above is "lots of vapor" for me - way more vapor from that setup than the amount of smoke I got from a Marlboro.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    West GA
    Also for what it is worth: I read that some people here couldn't care less about huge vapor production and that huge vapor clouds = wasted juice = wasted money. I disagree, and like many others have no problem justifying the increased juice usage to blow large clouds. It is part of the experience that keeps me from smoking and is a fun hobby that I enjoy. Don't say that it is money that I waste. It is money that you would be wasting because it would serve a purpose that you don't need in your vaping experience.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Also for what it is worth: I read that some people here couldn't care less about huge vapor production and that huge vapor clouds = wasted juice = wasted money. I disagree, and like many others have no problem justifying the increased juice usage to blow large clouds. It is part of the experience that keeps me from smoking and is a fun hobby that I enjoy. Don't say that it is money that I waste. It is money that you would be wasting because it would serve a purpose that you don't need in your vaping experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread