Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
So it is again time to clear out all the single test flavors I have by mixing them up and see if there is something new and exciting to discover and to free up some sample bottles.

I have 2-4 ml each of:

Bavarian Cream
Blueberry
Butter Pecan
Candy Cane
Cheesecake
Cinnamon
Citrus Mix
Gingerbread (This is good but I have not yet come up with a recipe I like - tried with creams and custard - have to do some more recipe searching)
Green Apple
Graham Cracker
Green Tea
Guava
Honeysuckle
Lemonade
Lime
Marshmallow
Passion Fruit
Peach
Peach Rings
Pineapple
Pineapple Peach
Pink Champagne
Pomegranate
Raspberry
Strawberry
Strawberries and Cream
Sugar Cookie
Sweet Cream
White Tea

All are currently mixed to the % that suits my taste.
I don't hate any of these - all are acceptable but not something I love as a standalone. Some are favorites in my tried and true recipes.
Don't worry about the brands - some may have samples of the same flavor from 2 or 3 vendors as I tested various to find what tickled my palate best.

So what slightly (or wildly) unusual concoctions would you make from these?
Maybe passion fruit/pineapple/green tea or green apple/honeysuckle/pomegranate/cheesecake.
I already have basic fruit cheesecake or cream and fruit lemonade mixes.
But I won't tell you about the other 15 bottles of sample mixes that I need to do something with.
I would like to stick to 2-4 flavors mixed or I will never figure out what I did if it turns out quite tasty.

Also don't worry about %s or ratios - I can play with that and it will vary depending on the flavor and the brand.

I really need help because I can't make anything new until I clear out some of these bottles.
Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you solve it - mix it up, give it away, toss?
Right now I am vaping a guava lime mix - it's ok but not a winner - but that's 2 bottles down.

Let your imagination run wild (I don't have much of one) or your knowledge be your guide.
Thanks
HC

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I liked an Uno Mas recipe that was juicy peach and honeysuckle and cinnamon, found on this forum... Was quite tasty.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you are....24 sample botles steeping and I keep finding recipes and running low on bottles :)

Also have my mom vaping a red vs blue or red, white and blue... Also found on this forum....strawberry,peach and blueberry

Good luck, hope you find something you like
:toast:

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
what about pink champagne and strawberries and cream? could be good.
pomegranate blueberry and strawberry, maybe a bit of bavarian cream and sweet cream if you like creamy fruit vapes
green tea and peppermint
lemonade and strawberry
sugar cookie, butter pecan, bavarian cream, graham cracker with your favorite fruit. Should taste something like a creamy fruit pie :)

Thats all I got. I've tried most of those flavors but there are several i have not tasted so i don't know exactly how they will all blend together.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks Tmebs - found the recipe for Peachy Glee and I'll give it a try. I also found the cinnamon sample in another box so I am set for that recipe.
This is one that didn't call to me when I first saw it but my taste is changing. I would not have thought of this on my own.
Also found the strawberry, peach, blueberry recipe and added that to my list.

More please.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Ellejewell - thanks for the ideas.
The sugar cookie, butter pecan, bavarian cream, graham cracker with your favorite fruit sounds really interesting and I'll give that a try .
Unfortunately no peppermint at this time. Of course - Candy Cane -duh
I currently have a strawberry pink champagne in a tank to try and have not yet tried a pomegranate blueberry and strawberry combo.
I have never been able to make a strawberry lemonade that I like (or any lemonade that I mixed). The next time I order I plan to try FW Strawberry Lemonade. I think that is what MBV uses in their SL and I liked that when I first started vaping.

I appreciate the combos I have not thought of and there are a lot of those.

Last edited:

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Why not just mix them ALL together!!

Because my 3 large bottles done that way are full!!! Well, actually, they are labeled Misc Fruit, Misc Tart and Misc Chocolate.
I could vape for about 1-1/2 months on just what's in those bottles.

But I am mixing the some of the 15 bottles of failed mix juices.
The peach, graham cracker, custard, cheesecake is not very good and neither is the cherry, blueberry, strawberry, tangerine, raspberry, marshmallow. But a few more bottles are cleared out.

I did try the Peachy Glee recipe and that was filed in my play with some more folder. There is potential.
I still want to try something with the "sugar cookie, butter pecan, bavarian cream, graham cracker with your favorite fruit".

I really should just enjoy all the great mixes I have now for a while.
But I have 4 new flavors on their way here!!
I enjoy reading everyone's posts. So many ideas and it's nice to know that there are those that have more flavors than I do.
I estimate that I have around 100 bottles of flavorings (several are multiple bottles of the same flavor from different vendors).
I refuse to actually count them although each one is listed in a file with its own mixing notes.
But I still have save money on making liquid rather than buying pre-made.

madness.jpg

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Tried the lemonade, gingerbread and cream. This was interesting and is going into the play with some more. I would use lemon not lemonade. I used sweet cream but think it would be better with bavarian cream or a vanilla. But it gave me a much better idea how the flavors blend.
I also tried the sugar cookie, butter pecan, bavarian cream, graham cracker. I think the butter pecan is really throwing that off. But the sugar cookie is all gone now as well as the butter pecan.

There are still lots of combinations to try with the flavors left.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
For some reason I can't edit the original post.

Here's what is left
Bavarian Cream
Blueberry
Candy Cane
Cheesecake
Cinnamon
Citrus Mix
Gingerbread
Green Apple
Graham Cracker
Green Tea
Guava
Honeysuckle
Lemonade
Lime
Marshmallow
Passion Fruit
Peach
Peach Rings
Pineapple
Pineapple Peach
Pink Champagne
Pomegranate
Raspberry
Strawberry
Sweet Cream
White Tea

Still have lots of your ideas to try with what is left.
This may take awhile.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
harrisongillis: Candy Cane Cheesecake was surprisingly good - needs a bit of tweaking! I never would have thought of that combo. And the Peach Cobbler has potential. Thanks.
Tmbs - the strawberry, peach, apple - the apple comes through very strong even though I used higher amounts of the strawberry and peach.
Pomegranate/White Tea was good. I am vaping pomegranate/lime right now.
I still need to try the other many suggestions. Thanks.
I have learned that a little bit of graham cracker goes a long way in a mix and I think the gingerbread really needs a vanilla. Next round I will make up some single flavor vanillas to play with as well.

So here is what is left:

Bavarian Cream
Blueberry
Candy Cane
Cheesecake
Cinnamon
Green Tea
Guava
Honeysuckle
Lemonade
Lime
Marshmallow
Peach
Pineapple
Pink Champagne
Pomegranate
Strawberry
Sweet Cream
White Tea

Still lots of combinations left. Today I think I will play with the fruit, champagne, tea mixes - after I rewick a bunch of coils and do my Friday errands and work.
What does your imagination see to try?

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks to everyone for all the ideas on this adventure.
I cleared out a LOT of bottles and have notes on several new concoctions to play with.

10 Lessons learned:
1. Do make small single flavor samples to learn what % your palate likes and the profile of an individual flavor.
2. Keep the unused ml's for a repeat of this exercise.
3. Have small samples of favorite creams and vanillas on hand for a mini mixing marathon + cheesecake or custard if those are favorites as well. (no vanillas this time but will have on hand for the next)
4. It is easy to make small 1ish ml samples by using syringes to draw up .3ml flavor A, 6ml flavor B, 2 ml flavor c and mixing them in a tank to taste.
5. There is very little guilt in throwing out a 1ml sample - thank heavens..
6. Don't be afraid to try what may seem like unusual combinations - after all. it's only 1 ml or so. I like peppermint cheesecake.
7. Ask fellow ECF members for their unique ideas. Many have a greater imagination than I.
8. Be sure to change the wick before changing flavor mixes. Failure to do so may result in an incredibly bad taste in your mouth.
9. For me, guava, pink champagne, and white tea are universal mixes for any fruit flavor. Always a vapable mix. Your universal base flavoring may be different.
10. There are more vapable mixtures using this approach that in tossing everything in one bottle to perhaps be used later.
Bonus 11. The quail covey parade is at 8:30 in the morning and they are noisy chatterers and a dozen quail can chase off a squirrel without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread