The Magneto or the MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny_B

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Bloomfield, NM, USA
I am trying to decide between the Smoktech Magneto and the itaste MVP. My budget is low, so if I got the Magneto, I wouldn't have the money to buy the batteries and the chargers.

I will be upgrading from ego batteries with Protanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4

Are you planning on doing rebuilds also or just using a protank?

brianyamagata

Jan 19, 2012
La Jolla, CA
Unless you are planning on doing sub-ohm vaping (hopefully you understand the principles if you are), the MVP would be the way to go. You can still use rebuildables on the MVP, down to around 1.2 ohms. Otherwise, the only benefit to a mechanical mod, the Magneto, would be smallish form factor, a sleeker look (no screen, one bottom button), and the capability of swapping batteries. The MVP battery can't be replaced unless you are technically inclined.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, it sounds like your financial funds have made the decision for you. No batteries and no charger = useless mechanical mod.

Seriously, for a new vapor like yourself, the MVP represents the best upgrade for you for several reasons when compared to a mechanical mod:

• A regulated mod will have built-in electronic protected circuitry within the processor. It will protect against short circuits, over discharge of the battery, warn you when the battery charge is too low or when the battery needs to be recharged. A regulated mod will refuse to fire when there is a short circuit present, protecting itself and YOU.
    • A mechanical mod has NO protection built-in. YOU will be the only protection by knowing how to recognize a short circuit, understanding the different battery chemistries to use in a mod, always practicing safe battery habits, and using common sense.

• A regulated mod will keep your vape consistant the whole time you use it regardless of the battery's charge level.
    • A mechanical mod depends solely on the battery's voltage level. The vapor will be best with a fully charged battery and go down-hill from then on.

• A regulated mod allows you to adjust the voltage to the juice attachment. This can be useful to adjust to different resistance of juice attachments, and also adjust to specific individual flavors. Few juice flavors taste their best at a single fixed voltage, variable voltage allows you to adjust the voltage higher or lower to find the flavor's "sweet spot" - that won't be available with a mechanical mod unless you also use a Kick; and if you use a Kick you might as well have bought a regulated mod in the first place.

• The MVP comes with 1 - 2 clearomizers in the kit, along with the necessary charging cord. A mechanical mod will require you buy a charger and multiple replaceable batteries - added expense.

Last edited:

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
My budget is low, so if I got the Magneto, I wouldn't have the money to buy the batteries and the chargers.

Sooo, you probably want the MVP then. Save up some money for a few months then you can get the Magneto, batts, and some rebuildables if you want to get into that.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I am trying to decide between the Smoktech Magneto and the itaste MVP. My budget is low, so if I got the Magneto,
I wouldn't have the money to buy the batteries and the chargers. I will be upgrading from ego batteries with Protanks.

HaHa, this one's easy -- you answered your own question ! :D

get the MVP and enjoy dependable, simple vaping while you ponder your next move...

- Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape
- Adapter - 510 Battery to eGo Cartomizer

Vape≈Strong :2cool:

undeadninja125

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Illinois
I am technically inclined. I was planning on buying the MVP, using it for a few months, and then getting either a Magneto or an even better mechanical mod.
The ego batteries just aren't cutting it anymore. My vapors are starting to "burn", even after I clean the tanks. It's most likely because the voltage and wattage of the ego battery is too high, but as it is not a twist, it is unadjustable.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4

undeadninja125

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Illinois
Due to the flavor wick in protanks the coils tend to buildup gunk under the coil so when you clean it it will appear clean but have a buildup underneath that you can't see. Try dry burning until the is no smoke or burnt smell from it.

I'm going to buy a couple of new heads for the Protank and see if that helps.

I've been told that taking the flavor wicks out can help, but with my last tank (Pyrex glass EVOD tank) I took the wicks out, and I ruined it because it flooded. So I'm not going to risk doing it again.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I am technically inclined. I was planning on buying the MVP, using it for a few months, and then getting either a Magneto or an even better mechanical mod.
The ego batteries just aren't cutting it anymore. My vapors are starting to "burn", even after I clean the tanks.

It's most likely because the voltage and wattage of the ego battery is too high, but as it is not a twist, it is unadjustable.

you can essentially adjust your ego power by what Ω coil you use for atomization

did you get one of those little cards inside your kanger device box ?
- - - -
resistance > voltage
1.8--2.0 > 3.1--3.7
2.1--2.3 > 3.1--4.0
2.4--2.6 > 3.1--4.3
2.7--3.0 > 3.1--4.8
- - - -

undeadninja125

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Illinois
you can essentially adjust your ego power by what Ω coil you use for atomization

did you get one of those little cards inside your kanger device box ?
- - - -
resistance > voltage
1.8--2.0 > 3.1--3.7
2.1--2.3 > 3.1--4.0
2.4--2.6 > 3.1--4.3
2.7--3.0 > 3.1--4.8
- - - -

I did yes. How would I adjust the resistance of the coil on the Protank? I'm pretty sure the resistance is 2.4 ohms.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4

undeadninja125

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Illinois
Also you can replace the flavor wick with cotton if you want to. If you replace it with cotton use less cotton than you think you need it doesn't take much, I've heard some use the cotton from qtips but I bought a bag of organic cotton balls that will last me forever and are very cheap.

That's what I heard, I just didn't want to go through the trouble. It was only a 5 dollar tank. I may try it when I have time.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I also suggest the MVP.... It comes with everything you need to get started. I've been using mine for about 2 months now and I love it. The price at 101vapes is awesome and you can dial in your sweet spot with the vv/vw functionality of it. The decision is yours... I'm just adding my :2c: to the mix. Good luck!!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I did yes. How would I adjust the resistance of the coil on the Protank? I'm pretty sure the resistance is 2.4 ohms.

well an ego battery puts out 3.3v-3.4v - an evod battery 3.7v

by the 'chart' , 2.4Ω coil could/should be up to/around 4.3v

if you just drop down to 1.8-2.2Ω, you would be in the ego sweet spot

your protank coil is probably 2.5Ω

good luck - let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread