Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

I'm typing with my left hand only..very slow! Hard to do the capitals. Broke right wrist..again..a few days ago... no biggie..being waited on hand...grin..and foot... by new friends..going to dinner at one of them, there will be about 10 people...no cookin or clean up for me!

it's great being pampered...tho , of course, I wouldnt dream of taking advantage!Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

gotta run ...er...walk carefully now to the shindig.. hugs to all...

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Good evening, everyone :) I hope you are all well, satiated, fat & happy. We had a first this year....it was the first time we haven't cooked for Thanksgiving. Since all of our family was out of town or otherwise occupied, we decided to take my FIL out to dinner. This year we went out for buffet dinner at the Chuckanut Manor...and it was immensely satisfying. Some of the best food I've had in years....prime rib, turkey, ham, oysters, clams, crab, poached salmon, and a variety of veggie dishes and salads. The deserts were absolutely to die for....we had their famous cheese cake and the chocolate toffee mouse cake (but there was no cake about it). Easily the best buffet food I've ever had. I'm really looking forward to my next dinner there....someday we'll sample the actual menu...I'd love to see the artwork that comes out of that kitchen. :wub:

I wish I could show you pictures of the food we ate, but alas...I couldn't stop myself long enough to take a shot. :laugh:
Ya...it was that good.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Good evening, everyone :) I hope you are all well, satiated, fat & happy. We had a first this year....it was the first time we haven't cooked for Thanksgiving. Since all of our family was out of town or otherwise occupied, we decided to take my FIL out to dinner. This year we went out for buffet dinner at the Chuckanut Manor...and it was immensely satisfying. Some of the best food I've had in years....prime rib, turkey, ham, oysters, clams, crab, poached salmon, and a variety of veggie dishes and salads. The deserts were absolutely to die for....we had their famous cheese cake and the chocolate toffee mouse cake (but there was no cake about it). Easily the best buffet food I've ever had. I'm really looking forward to my next dinner there....someday we'll sample the actual menu...I'd love to see the artwork that comes out of that kitchen. :wub:

I wish I could show you pictures of the food we ate, but alas...I couldn't stop myself long enough to take a shot. :laugh:
Ya...it was that good.
Funny you should bring this up, Lisa.
Last weekend, my wife and I decided that we would go out to eat for Thanksgiving. Just the two of us this year--no reason to create the big cooking mess and have to eat leftovers for the next week, right? It only made sense.
Well....I came home Wednesday from work and saw the turkey on the counter in the porch room unthawing. My wife then explained to me that she had concluded that there was no way after all these years that she could allow Thanksgiving to come and go without making the big cooking mess, leftovers, etc. It just didn't sit right with her. So we stayed home and worked on it together and had a fine home-made Thanksgiving dinner. And we'll have another one tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and......:)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Funny you should bring this up, Lisa.
Last weekend, my wife and I decided that we would go out to eat for Thanksgiving. Just the two of us this year--no reason to create the big cooking mess and have to eat leftovers for the next week, right? It only made sense.
Well....I came home Wednesday from work and saw the turkey on the counter in the porch room unthawing. My wife then explained to me that she had concluded that there was no way after all these years that she could allow Thanksgiving to come and go without making the big cooking mess, leftovers, etc. It just didn't sit right with her. So we stayed home and worked on it together and had a fine home-made Thanksgiving dinner. And we'll have another one tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and......:)

:laugh: Ya...I hear ya. While our dinner was fabulous, there's something strange about our house not being full of full bellies and lots of leftovers. Next year, we'll have our first Thanksgiving in our new home...something that I am definitely looking forward to. Nice to see you Roger :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread